MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across a little article that summarizes the changes in policy since Jacob was taken.http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2010/07/13/allen/
There was a disturbing comment left below it that says "end sex laws now".
The idiot posted his name and location so I googled it and it came as no surprise that he's a registered sex offender. :shakehead:

This guys comments are all over the internet. I don't mean to go off topic it's just this kinda stuff makes me angry.

I came across a little article that summarizes the changes in policy since Jacob was taken.http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2010/07/13/allen/
The idiot posted his name and location so I googled it and it came as no surprise that he's a registered sex offender. :shakehead:

This guys comments are all over the internet. I don't mean to go off topic it's just this kinda stuff makes me angry.

Lotus, The other guy commenting on that article (Emmanuel Lazaridis) is wanted too!
"Emmanuel Lazaridis who is posting here is wanted in the United States and France for FELONY KIDNAPPING. Interpol and the FBI want him! His website was just booted by one webhosting company for copyright and privacy infringement but he's popped up again on a new webhost.

Read this statement from the NCMEC for the truth and BTW I have no association with NCMEC, I just hate crummy "journalism" and kidnappers.
STATEMENT TO CORRECT AND RESPOND TO THE
JANUARY 22, 2010 ARTICLE THAT APPEARED
IN THE ST. PETERSBURG TIMES
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/NewsEventServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=4209

It's a shame the author would quote such a shady, lowlife character as Emmanual Lazaridis and expect to be taken seriously. Furthermore, it takes a special sort of stupid to believe that Greek courts can "exonerate" someone of US and French criminal charges. I see he's even come here to post under his real name for once rather than his many other colorful aliases like "we at the European Centre", "Secretariat of the NCEMC", "Michael MacDonald" and others. Manny includes a picture of my internationally abducted son and many other children victimized by the crime of international child abduction on his squatting/phishing like imitation of the NCMEC's Missing Kid's website. I ask the author what type of person victimizes the victims of international child abduction in order to sell the idea that international child abduction is a "private family matter" not of interest to the general public?

(Taken from comments on this page): http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...er-enjoys-key-exemptions-from-federal/1067463

What exactly does sealed search warrants mean? Does it mean whatever they find, won't be released to the public?

IDK-but this one is sealed, they said because they don't want to impact further searches.

Will the public be told what they find on this one, IDK.

But they are looking for specific something. Maybe bones? I read somewhere that advances can even find mitochondria which was not available before.
Don't ask me what that means, because I don't know (lol)

I do hope they find something...even a shred of his jacket....

++++++

Disgusting. These freaks (and that's being nice.) need to be dropped off on an island and left there w/ no food or water. Just themselves.

The guy I quoted earlier is a real headcase who takes the "martyred" stance as a sex offender and has left a ton of paranoid comments on a lot of different sites (just google "RADFORD, KEITH RICHARD" or go to his blog http://krrjr.blogspot.com/2009/09/california-lifetime-sex-offender.html to read some of his bizarre statements), he is listed here along with his crime (third person down):http://www.life360.com/sex-offenders-burbank-california?page=8

Back to this case though, I hope they do find evidence of Jacob although I don't necessarily want or wish DR to be guilty, but this case has needed closure for so long now.

The last time I got my hopes up about this case was when there was the guy up in Warroad, MN that looked nearly identical to the age progression of Jacob. At first he was refusing a DNA test, but then he gave in and it wasn't him. :-(

I thought that guy in WI, Vernon something was BS right from the start.

I hope this time around there is closure and not just another huge let down.

And as to the reason why he didn't grab Jacob the first time they came by was because he had not planned on this and had to run home to grab a mask and a gun (assuming it happened this way).

I'm sorry I'm not buying that theory - that the perp ran home to get a gun and a mask (which he just happened to have lying around in such a place that they were easily accessible? How long might it have taken him even at a RUN to get back to the house (assuming it might have been DR), get his things, get his mask on and get back to the scene of the abduction? Too long I think for this idea that he went home first before abducting to be plausible in my view. I've read the mask was a nylon hose over his head (easily stored in a back or even front pocket).

But if the perp was truly on foot -- then why be skulking about with a gun and a mask, unless he intended to grab a victim that night? And if grabbing a victim was his intention, they what was the draw to the location he chose to make his attack? It was a secluded area which was in his favor, as was the fact that it was dark out. In my view, the perp was local or well traveled in the area. He knew the location. Had to have if he was indeed on foot. In my view unless he was hired, or stalking the kids, he wouldn't have likely known that Jacob and the boys would pass by him in the dark at 9:10pm on October 22. The renting of the movie was a decision made last minute, while the boy's parents were not home.

Theory -- is it possible then with this point in mind that perhaps someone else was involved? Maybe someone saw the boys come to the video store and knew who they were, and where they'd be heading back? Saw the bikes, not a car and realized they were alone? What if someone spotted them in the video store, and followed them back (perhaps on a bike of his own? - no car was heard by the victims leaving the scene).

In case you haven't read this topic from the beginning (I read it all starting yesterday)... someone had posted somewhere on WS that he/she was in the National Gaurd, and they were assisting in the search for Jacob. The poster noted they were given the details mostly as they appeared in the media, but were told by their superior that the perp asked the kids, "which one of you is Jacob". If that is true - though I've not read any other accounts of this as a possibility from anywhere but WS, then it speaks to a targeted victim.

Many things point in that direction to me -- and lead me to believe either Jacob was targeted, or any pre-teen was targeted.
- > The perp probably didn't know the kids would be leaving home that evening (at nearly 9:00pm) to get a video. But yet he was seemingly waiting in the bushes for the kids as they were returning home? So was he just lying in the bush wearing a mask, and carrying a gun for fun? If he wasn't waiting for these kids -- then just who was he waiting for?!

-> Aaron heard some rustling in the bushes that shouldn't have been there, which he couldn't identify as human or animal on the way to the Tom THumb. It scared him, but he didn't tell his friends - he just rode faster. In that same spot on the way back is where they were attacked.

-> The perp apparently said in a gravely voice (as if he had a cold), which was very unique in sound, "stop, I have a gun". He had the boys ditch their two bikes, and the scooter Aaron was riding. They were to lay down. He asked each boy their age, starting with Trevor. Trevor was 10. Then he told Trevor to run into the forest and not look back or he'd shoot.
Next was Aaron - who was also 11 years old at the time (so why not Aaron?). The perp looked Aaron in the face (what was he looking for?). He studied Aaron's face, then told him to run into the forest and not look back or he would shoot. Aaron caught up to Trevor. When they looked back, Jake was being led by the elbow (I read this somewhere, i'm sorry no link to back this up, but I read it yesterday!).... into the forest.

-> by the elbow!?! I realize the perp said he had a gun (did the kids see a gun?) -- but why the elbow? The only sign of a potential struggle was the dug in footprint presumably of Jake's. How far away was that footprint. Why lead by elbow?

-> this was premeditated. The perp intended to get SOMEONE, but whether or not it was Jacob, or just any victim is unclear to me.

Not defending DR, just asking...

The abductor had a hand gun. Does DR have weapons?

Would he be so stupid as to abduct a kid at the very end of his driveway? (DR is an educated man.)

To my knowledge, there have been no accusations against DR by anyone else. If he taught school, something might have come up.

Years ago DR took a lie detector test. Does anyone know the results?

Have read online that he failed it (but I don't know whether its true, nor who the source of the information was).

Is there a statute of limitations on that kind of crime? IDK.

Wouldn't they arrest DR right then and there if the DNA matched?

We are speculating at home. Maybe a deathbed confession from someone who knows?

If DR is the one, he may not want to foul his own nest. He just " enjoys " the children, but chooses not to do anything with students.

I read somewhere yesterday that the statute of limitation in sex abuse cases is 9 years in that state -- so even if they could PROOVE that DR was the perp in the "Jared" case at this point, 20ish years later, unfortunately not much could be done about it!

But having said that, I'd think that if they DID proove it was him... the LE would be very keen to make sure that DR wasn't a teacher anymore and had no contact with youth etc... Now that DR is an official "person of interest" one wonders... is he suspended from work?? I hope so.

If DR is a match, and cannot be prosecuted given the statute of limitations, can you imagine the outrage of "jared" if he were made aware of the technicallity? I'd be lobbying for instant changes to THAT law!!

I am thinking there were two perps in this case. THe one who did the abudction (why did he need a GUN to convince small kids to do what he said?). Was the perp afraid? Could he have walked him to someone else waiting in the woods and left? WOndering... I hope they solve this one.

Sorry this is off topic from what is being discussed...but I read last night in an older newpaper article on Jacob - that a person came forward in 2003 to say they were the ones who turned around in the farm driveway, leaving the tire marks. Why would he wait all that time to come forward?? I kno whe was cleared and all....but ALL that time and this was such a huge case, it's not like he wouldn't have heard all about it....

The guy that came forward was a guy who was listening to his police scanner in the area. Turns out he heard the info over his scanner, and got to the scene before police did. He spoke with police when they arrived, then left. The police apparently never took this guy's name - but they have cleared him. I'd like to know how they cleared him? The guy apparently took so long to come forward fearing police would think him a suspect. But if he talked with police in 89 at the scene of the crime - and assuming he'd explained himself to them at the time, knowing he'd heard what was going on over his scanner, he would CERTAINLY have known what was going on, and that a child's life may have depended on his information!!

I'd like to know if:
- < this guy may have further contaminated the scene (new scent to confuse dogs)
- < foot prints? Tire tracks? Walking over other prints, destroying other potential clues??

Could this guy have known an abduction was about to go down, and been in the area specifically to mislead, and provide misleading tracks and prints?

I realize he was cleared, but how, and by whom? And when exactly?

I am not entirely convinced of the owner of the farms sons involvement. The two boys who witnessed the abduction - would they not have recognized this man's voice? And didn't they say he was in his 50's. That man would have only been in his 30's if I remember correctly? He's only in his 50's now...
Dogs are not always 100% correct on scents. Could the car have been parked further away...

For fun, I asked my 11 year old neices and nephews, and several of their friends to guess at how old myself and my husband are -- just to see what they'd say. Several guessed my husband to be in his late 40's early 50's. He is 35. Many said I was in my early 20's. It seems many kids just do not yet have the skill to appropriately or accurately guess at someone's age... even if they've known them for years and years.... imagine how skewed it would be if they were fearful, in a crisis / attack situation in the dark and having only minutes with the perp?!

1. I do not think the perp asked which one was Jacob. I believe he asked how old they were.

2. It would not take long for DR to run back to the farmhouse to get his stuff. I live out in the country and we have guns. We are not into guns, but need them because of little critters. I think a lot of people who live in the country have guns.

Or he didn't have a gun at all.

3. I don't see how he could have followed the kids and have gotten ahead of them. This is a narrow road.

By the houses in the beginning of the road by the Tom Thumb, there were houses that were close together, like in town. Then there was NOTHING, except the DR place.

There are maps that were posted in this thread that show it.

The DR place was the ideal spot.

There was the composite of a guy at the Tom Thumb who was never identified. But he would have had to know the kids and the best spot to get them.

4. The kids didn't run into the woods. You can look at the pics and see that there is no woods.

1. I do not think the perp asked which one was Jacob. I believe he asked how old they were.

Human,

In an earlier post, I discussed another post found on WS wherein the author noted that they were involved in the National Gaurd search for JW at the time of his disappearance. The poster states that they were told by their superior that the perp asked the boys which one was Jacob. I wasn't able to quote the post directly... so I've copied and pasted it below for your reference.

I've no idea whether it was true, and notice that the author only ever made two posts on this site. I haven't checked their last log in date or anything, so who knows if they could still be contacted through WS or not... but here is what they said...

indybunny said:
01-26-2010, 10:31 AM

i helped look for Jacob
I hope this doesnt get removed but im just being honest in my opinion. I was in the National Guard when Jacob was abducted. I was 20 at the time. We were activated to look for "evidence of the abduction". When we were all gathered around for the debriefing, our commander had given us the information that was given to him. He reported everything that the media had received and was widely publicized. But he also added that the abductor asked "which one of you is Jacob?" Now let me stress that he could have been completely wrong and the abductor only asked which one of the kids was the oldest. But what if he wasn't? Ive always had this belief since the abduction. It is my own opinion only. If the abductor was really looking for Jacob personally, how would he know where the boy would be at any given moment? I think Jerry Wetterling had something to do with it. Jerry is Jacob's step dad and not a bio-dad. In all the pictures they showed of the grieving family did anyone EVER see Jerry shed a tear or even look sad? He just looked like i do when i go to the dentist "well, im just sitting here and i got to get through this". Just cold and stoic, not what you'd expect from someone who's son is missing. Yes, i know we all handle stress differently, but i mean come on! You're going to have some emotion! Maybe Jerry hired somebody to take Jacob. Why? Jacob was Patti's boy and maybe got a little too much attention that could have been directed toward her husband. Sounds far fetched? The green monster of jealousy has done much worse in the world. Jerry knew where they were going to be and when. He gave the kids permission to go to the store to rent a movie. He knew how long it would take to get there. He makes a phone call to the abductor. (yes, there was some planning involved before this point) the abductor lays in wait. He probably has seen pictures of Jacob and knows what he looks like but it's dark and pictures always look different than people do to some degree. There is more than one child too. He asks which one is the oldest. Jacob was most likely the oldest. But to be sure asked which one of you is Jacob so he doesnt grab the wrong kid. Jacob is gone. Jerry gets more attention from his wife not to mention the free advertising for his chiropractic business in town. This was before the age of cell phones so there would be no cell phone record. I can tell you one thing. If the commader of my company received and gave us the right information, I am not wrong. If he was wrong on the info then anything is possible. Even so, why would the abductor ask for the oldest? Wouldn't a child molester go for the youngest? Anyway, this has been bugging me for years and years and i feel better that i've spoken my mind. thanx for your time.
Thanks

Regarding the post above, I wanted to add that:
- I do not know whether JW's father was his bio dad or step dad.
- I also am NOT saying the father was involved in any way.

I only posted above as someone had mentioned that the perp had asked the kids which was Jacob. True or not, its interesting to consider.

Somewhere way earlier in this thread, some one brought up the name of Johnny Gosh, the paper boy who was kidnapped from Iowa. There was somewhere from his Foundation site, his mother or an article, information about the fact that there were 2 young boys around the time who were abducted. Then there was mention of how an attempt was made in Minnesota, ( and I think it could have been Cold Spring ) who got away, but the 2nd attempt was Jacob, which was successful.

Anyway, reading about what happened to Johnny Gosh, sex trafficking and how these horribly deranged,vile people plan to take specific kid, I literally became physically sick. The gist of it is that these traffickers have contact with a local pedaphile, who follows the behaviors, patterns of young boys, and passes this information off to the "big boys," who whisk the child away so fast, chloroform them and they will never be seen again by their families. There is all of this mind control, personality splitting, PURE EVIL. There is a fellow by the name of Paul Binacci ( spelling) or binocci, tells his story and relates this information. These young boys are groomed for High paying men, often in local national & International politics, who have all these protections set up around them. Involved the top officials in the Bush White House.

Mods if this is not OK to post, please remit.
I just got insight to the underbelly of the scum of society, and realized that i live a very sheltered, protected life, but young people out there are just not safe. It is a scary, vile and tumoultuos place out there.

Addendum:
For those of us who are parents, and live in Minnesota, were involved with the searches for Jacob, our sense of safety and security in regards to our children changed forever that day. It was our 911. My kids were 2, 4 & 7 at the time. I remember all of us kneeling down for night prayers and praying for Jacob. If a child could evaporate into thin air in a small, rural, close knit little town, no one was safe anymore. I was leary of my kids playing outside, kept their hands while in the stores, and avoided parks, camping and sleepovers for a long time.

Somewhere way earlier in this thread, some one brought up the name of Johnny Gosh, the paper boy who was kidnapped from Iowa. There was somewhere from his Foundation site, his mother or an article, information about the fact that there were 2 young boys around the time who were abducted. Then there was mention of how an attempt was made in Minnesota, ( and I think it could have been Cold Spring ) who got away, but the 2nd attempt was Jacob, which was successful.

Anyway, reading about what happened to Johnny Gosh, sex trafficking and how these horribly deranged,vile people plan to take specific kid, I literally became physically sick. The gist of it is that these traffickers have contact with a local pedaphile, who follows the behaviors, patterns of young boys, and passes this information off to the "big boys," who whisk the child away so fast, chloroform them and they will never be seen again by their families. There is all of this mind control, personality splitting, PURE EVIL. There is a fellow by the name of Paul Binacci ( spelling) or binocci, tells his story and relates this information. These young boys are groomed for High paying men, often in local national & International politics, who have all these protections set up around them. Involved the top officials in the Bush White House.

Mods if this is not OK to post, please remit.
I just got insight to the underbelly of the scum of society, and realized that i live a very sheltered, protected life, but young people out there are just not safe. It is a scary, vile and tumoultuos place out there.

I believe what you're talking about has come to be known as the Franklin Coverup. Paul Bonacci was a victim of the scandal, and has come forward to tell his story. He has also won a lawsuit (civil I think) against at least one of his perpetrators, though I don't believe $ has ever reached his had from that claim.

If you google Paul Bonacci you'll probably get all sorts of info on it, and the other abductions including Johnny Gosch's, and the attempted abduction of another boy around the same time from MN. That boy who escaped somehow managed to slip out of his jacket and bolted to safety. One has to wonder if he was questioned in relation to his memories of the perp's face, voice and vehicle?

Yes, the Franklin Cover up. The involvement of Larry King, prominent Republican from Omaha,NE whose activities helped funnel the young boys to White House parties, both in Washington and all over the country. You just can't make this disgusting cabal up. Clinton had his Monica, and others,primarily the Bush White House et al were interested in ,children, and they were readily supplied. Wonder what the "moral majority" made of this?? :)O

The guy that came forward was a guy who was listening to his police scanner in the area. Turns out he heard the info over his scanner, and got to the scene before police did. He spoke with police when they arrived, then left. The police apparently never took this guy's name - but they have cleared him. I'd like to know how they cleared him? The guy apparently took so long to come forward fearing police would think him a suspect. But if he talked with police in 89 at the scene of the crime - and assuming he'd explained himself to them at the time, knowing he'd heard what was going on over his scanner, he would CERTAINLY have known what was going on, and that a child's life may have depended on his information!!

I'd like to know if:
- < this guy may have further contaminated the scene (new scent to confuse dogs)
- < foot prints? Tire tracks? Walking over other prints, destroying other potential clues??

Could this guy have known an abduction was about to go down, and been in the area specifically to mislead, and provide misleading tracks and prints?

I realize he was cleared, but how, and by whom? And when exactly?

I agree. They really cleared him fast, huh? Too fast IMO. I wonder what his age was..? Did it say?
Off that topic - im still not buying it was DR. I feel he was too young. 10-11 isn't THAT young where they wouldn't be able to distinguish between a 30 year old and an old man. When I was that age, yes I would have thought 30 was 'older' - but I would have known a difference...you can tell in an older guys voice, movement, etc. I'm still thinking it was the guy lurking at Tom's Thumb. Could he have not left prior to the boys? Did he? do we know what became of that man? So many questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz