MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked up St John's and Penn State's schedules for 1989. They did not play each other officially. There goes that idea. However, what if his sex ring included someone from MN?

Jacob came from an intact, loving family

I would say that it would be very rare for a pedophile to groom a child where the parents are very involved with the children.

Pedos look for vulnerable children. Jacob was well liked by peers and loved by his family

...all indications point to someone who lived in the immediate area doing the abduction on foot.

I always felt the perp was someone from the neighborhood who saw the boys cycling down the street and knew they would go back to the house shortly. One of the reasons I believe this is because it was so dark out, why would the perp wear a mask? I think because the boys would, even in the darkness, recognize him. They would not be able to describe him well if he was a stranger without a mask.

I looked up St John's and Penn State's schedules for 1989. They did not play each other officially. There goes that idea. However, what if his sex ring included someone from MN?

I highly doubt there's any connection. The main reason some paedophiles resort to grabbing a child at gunpoint is because they lack the social skills to groom children known to them. That clearly doesn't apply to Jerry Sandusky, who had grooming down to a fine art. At this stage there is also zero evidence of any sex ring.

It will be the anniversary of Jacob's kidnapping soon - nearly 23 years missing. My heart goes out to his family.

I'm also thinking of the family<3
I just would like them to have answers.
I have always found it weird the perp asked the boys their age however.

This coming Monday, October 22nd, marks the 23rd year anniversary of Jacob's abduction. I didn't know Jacob or his family personally, but have friends who did and my son went to school with him. I remember the day like it was yesterday. Tens of thousands of peoples lives changed forever here in this community that day. I would love to see Websleuth feature Jacob's story/case in hopes of bringing this case back into the forefront and hopefully finding some new information as to what happened to Jacob that day. No matter what happened, what the outcome, he's out there somewhere. Jacob... where are you?

I certainly would like to know why further extreme, scorching heat was not applied to members of the Bahner family..imo most specifically the weakest link who imo likely had the least involvement directly, sister, Brenda?

There is documented proof from none other than the proverbial horse's mouth herself, the sister, Brenda that not only did she she outright lie to LE wrt Jacob's abduction, but even more telling is that she admits to Jacob being brought to her apt by her brothers, Richard and Michael that very night of the abduction, 10/22/1989..

Further corroborating these details regarding Jacob's abduction is the documented proof of an univolved individual who states that on multiple occassions that Richard Bahner actually bragged about he and his brother being the one's to have abducted Jacob Wetterling and immediately following the abduction Jacob was taken to their sister's apt(which was a mere 5mins from where Jacob was abducted..7 miles)..

Brother, Richard in his multiple braggings of the abduction also not only states that sister, brenda had knowledge of the abduction and abuse of Jacob, but Richard also fully implicates sister, Brenda as having direct involvement onece the victim was brought to her nearby residence.. He states that it was actually Brenda that restrained Jacob in her "tying him up" so that he could not escape..

In these "braggings" of the NOW DEAD brother, Richard(DOD 2/12/2012) he also is said to have claimed that in the SEVERAL DAYS that Jacob was kept alive in Brenda's apt and during that time tortured and abused by he and his brother, Michael.. Tho, not stated specifically that the others present were directly involved in those abuses inflicted on the victim, he does however state that there were SEVERAL OTHERS PRESENT AT HIS SISTERS APT DURING THOSE FEW DAYS THAT JACOB WAS KEPT ALIVE AND TORTURED THERE.. One namely, "Bill" if i am recalling correctly..

My point being that imo there are strong indicators that the Bahner family not only has knowledge of what occurred to jacob Wetterling some 23 years ago, but more importantly very strong indicators that there were ACTUALLY 3 OF THE BAHNER FAMILY MEMBERS DIRECTLY INVOLVED WITH THE ABDUCTION AND MULTIPLE ASSAULTS THAT TOOK PLACE OVER A SEVERAL DAY PERIOD TO 11 YO JACOB WETTERLING..

Why oh WHY is it now a full 23 years later and yet this precious family has not justice or closure for what was done to innocent, little, 11yo Jacob Wetterling that night on October 22, 1989???????..

We already have one less of the three imo likely perpatrators that will never face justice ON THIS EARTH for what imo was his direct role and involvement in Jacobs abduction and murder..(brother, Richard dead at 70yoa as of 2/12/2012).. Will the the two remaining siblings escape eartly justice as well??

All jmo.

I thought the whole Bahner thing was found to be lies?

Smooth Operator - that's very interesting. Could you show us some links to the source of your information, please?

Richard D. Bahner (August 28, 1941 - February 16, 2012) was the father of brothers Richard David Bahner, Jr. (born March 16, 1965), and Michael Alan Bahner (born April 18, 1972). Richard Sr. was predeceased by his son Alan Boyd Bahner (February 14, 1964 &#8211; October 7, 1998).

On April 4, 1995, brothers Richard Bahner, Jr., and Michael Bahner were charged with felony criminal sexual conduct involving the sodomy and other sexual abuse of a 7-year-old boy who was an acquaintance of the Bahner family. The sexual abuse occurred in 1990. At that time, the Bahner family resided in Clearwater, MN (Wright county).

On August 30, 1985, Richard Bahner, Sr., was charged with felony criminal sexual conduct for having sexual intercourse with a minor female between August 1984 and March 1985, at his residence at 1020 Porter Street, Clearwater, MN.

On April 16, 1985, Alan Boyd Bahner was charged with felony criminal sexual conduct for having sexual intercourse with a 10-year-old girl on several occasions in 1983 at his residence in Clearwater, MN.

Richard Bahner, Sr.&#8217;s 2012 obituary is easily found via Google.

The court records related to the criminal charges referenced above are easily found at the Minnesota Judicial Branch public case access web site: http://www.mncourts.gov/publicaccess

I think I remember a while back about a bail bondswoman who claims to have recorded a visit with one of the Bahners. Some people believe her, some don't. Let me see if I can find it on the thread.

Richard D. Bahner (August 28, 1941 - February 16, 2012) was the father of brothers Richard David Bahner, Jr. (born March 16, 1965), and Michael Alan Bahner (born April 18, 1972). Richard Sr. was predeceased by his son Alan Boyd Bahner (February 14, 1964 &#8211; October 7, 1998).

On April 4, 1995, brothers Richard Bahner, Jr., and Michael Bahner were charged with felony criminal sexual conduct involving the sodomy and other sexual abuse of a 7-year-old boy who was an acquaintance of the Bahner family. The sexual abuse occurred in 1990. At that time, the Bahner family resided in Clearwater, MN (Wright county).

On August 30, 1985, Richard Bahner, Sr., was charged with felony criminal sexual conduct for having sexual intercourse with a minor female between August 1984 and March 1985, at his residence at 1020 Porter Street, Clearwater, MN.

On April 16, 1985, Alan Boyd Bahner was charged with felony criminal sexual conduct for having sexual intercourse with a 10-year-old girl on several occasions in 1983 at his residence in Clearwater, MN.

Richard Bahner, Sr.&#8217;s 2012 obituary is easily found via Google.

The court records related to the criminal charges referenced above are easily found at the Minnesota Judicial Branch public case access web site: http://www.mncourts.gov/publicaccess

Thanks for the information........<modsnip>. I would love to read what your thoughts are on this case. I live in california and I only know about this case from what I have read. But I feel great sympathy for Jacobs family and I would love to see them get some answers.

I know I am waiting for the rest of ELOCsoul's report

I know I am waiting for the rest of ELOCsoul's report

I apologize for not following up on that, but I guess after thinking about it I wasn't sure how relevant or interesting that would be. I talked to several people (7-8 total) I know who live near St Cloud, or are from there, etc. The predominant thought, from those that I spoke with, is that the perp was a pedophile from St. John's University. A couple people believe Jacob was taken by cult members. I hadn't thought much about that possibility, and there isn't a lot of information or talk about that in these threads or online.

Nobody that I spoke with thinks that DR did it. One gal said that DR was her band teacher. She confirmed they called him Mr Be-Bop, and said he was odd, but not remarkably so. No one ever spoke an ill word of him when she was in school.

A retired homicide investigator that I know, who was familiar with the case because of cross-referencing done between MN & WI authorities, told me the fact that LE was able to obtain a sealed warrant if very significant. He said "judges just don't go handing those out without a good reason". They're typically only done when LE are trying to protect sensitive information or sources. However, I found his position to be somewhat biased because he made the comment that DR closely resembled a sketch of the suspect. Hmmm- what does a sketch of a man with a mask look like exactly?!?!?

I always felt the perp was someone from the neighborhood who saw the boys cycling down the street and knew they would go back to the house shortly. One of the reasons I believe this is because it was so dark out, why would the perp wear a mask? I think because the boys would, even in the darkness, recognize him. They would not be able to describe him well if he was a stranger without a mask.

I agree. Do you also think it's possible the person wore a mask to help disguise his voice?

It's sad that it's been 23 years since Jacob's abduction, and still no answers. My heart goes out to the Wetterlings.

All these years should not have gone by without any answers. Still praying for Jacob and his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bunny1998#