MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also found this quote interesting:
“The person in the area who probably did this could have taken Jacob’s body and hidden it in our gravel pit,” Rassier told Patty Wetterling.

My guess is this statement is what caused LE to dig up the farm in 2010, not because of any physical evidence they had. That would exlain why they (whoever it was, I don't recall) called it a "hunch."

I don't think they dug up a farm on a hunch, a gross search and seizure issue. This is not a game. This is serious business for everyone involved.

I don't think they dug up a farm on a hunch, a gross search and seizure issue. This is not a game. This is serious business for everyone involved.

I don't think it was a "hunch" either, they had to have enough proof to show a judge to grant the search. I do think that DR telling Patty (and whoever else) that someone could have buried Jacob's body in his yard may have started LE thinking along those lines though, and wondering why he said that.

As I've stated before, DR in his various interviews is often his own worst enemy.

Of course it's not a game. A child (who is possibly now an adult) has been missing for over two decades. A statement like that from their number one POI is pretty serious, in my opinion.

1. Why would the perp drive up DR's driveway during the day and then come back at night? Why? The perp would know there is a house there. Why drive there when the highway is so close and so available to drive so many places? Mexico. Canada. Easy.

2. How could someone come and bury a child on the DR property? No one would notice?

3. DR has so many stories. The little car. The big car. He did not want to get up and search. Waste of time. He got up and searched.

Will he have a new story next time?

I am reminded of the Ninjas of a recent case,

Hm.
Is the gravel pit still there?
Would it be easy to sift through the gravel?
Would ground penetrating sonar(?) work to see if there was anything under there?

Hm.
Is the gravel pit still there?
Would it be easy to sift through the gravel?
Would ground penetrating sonar(?) work to see if there was anything under there?

Buffet: The gravel pit is what they dug up in 2010 after DR made this comment. They also took some items from a loft in an outbuilding; a trunk that had stains, an umbrella stand and IIRC, a folding chair? They also took DR's journals from his home, he had kept several journals on Jacob and his whole story.

They didn't find anything in the gravel pit except some old pet bones and some old clothes. There was nothing tying DR to the crime found on the other items taken either, but they kept those 3 items to test in the future in case improved testing comes along. As I recall they had a sealed search warrant, and these items were related as being taken by DR himself in a different video interview he did.

1. Why would the perp drive up DR's driveway during the day and then come back at night? Why? The perp would know there is a house there. Why drive there when the highway is so close and so available to drive so many places? Mexico. Canada. Easy.

I agree, this theory that the perp is the person that was driving the car during the day does not make any sense to me. If it was the perp, he learned of the Rassier's farm location during the day. Then why would he turn around in view of the house, in a totally different car, later that night after the abduction? That is taking a huge risk of being seen and does not make any sense to me. Whoever did this was careful; it would make much more sense to think if the driver of the tan car was the perp that he would have not driven all the way up the drive in view of the farm house.

I wouldn't rule out the possiblility of there being more than one person involved.

I think many people wonder about the priests at St. John's for sure.

The DR family has been involved in St. John's for almost 100 years.

I wonder if DR was an altar boy?

Following is a link to a podcast of an interview Patty gave to WCCO's Esme Murphy following her TV broadcast featuring DR. I haven't had a chance to listen to the entire podcast yet, but Patty is very positive about the continued attention to Jacob's abduction.

http://nyc.podcast.play.it/media/d0...5562089370534031236_1B6peZEaHD2kiOtBdY6BjPWyw

Interesting podcast, not much new though. One thing Patty said that struck me was that the sheriff's department has done a great job; she said it emphatically. That made me scratch my head a bit. I think they actually dropped the ball from the start.

They didn't search the Rassier house or even ask to on the night of the abduction, they let Dan leave in the morning and didn't question him until later that day, they didn't save the recording of Dan's 911 call, the officer that spoke with Kevin didn't question him, take his name, or even report talking to him --leading to the police being unaware that Kevin's car was in the driveway the night of the abduction. And that's just off the top of my head.

If they had done those things, either Dan would be in prison or he wouldn't incorrectly be a POI. Patty Wetterling is amazing, but I cannot agree with her on this point.

Patty Wetterling: “. . . he's the only man who’s been, who you guys know about, who’s been named as a person of interest. He’s not the only person that they’ve looked at and there are, there continue to be other people that they’re investigating . . . “

“ . . . although everybody wants to find Jacob, they don’t want to find, and the man who took him, they don’t want to find that man in their family, in their church community, in their neighborhood.”

Since October 23, 1989, the news media have always reported only a small portion of the facts about the Wetterling abduction.

Get off of Dan Rassier and get on to the handful of other viable suspects, and the rest of the facts about the abduction. How? Use your heads . . .

Patty Wetterling: “. . . he's the only man who’s been, who you guys know about, who’s been named as a person of interest. He’s not the only person that they’ve looked at and there are, there continue to be other people that they’re investigating . . . “

“ . . . although everybody wants to find Jacob, they don’t want to find, and the man who took him, they don’t want to find that man in their family, in their church community, in their neighborhood.”

Since October 23, 1989, the news media have always reported only a small portion of the facts about the Wetterling abduction.

Get off of Dan Rassier and get on to the handful of other viable suspects, and the rest of the facts about the abduction. How? Use your heads . . .

Great point. At this point, LE is unlikely to solve the case on its own. They should release more info publicly, at least that will have the chance to stir memories and perhaps lead to a tip.

Look at how the women in Cleveland were found, and Jaycee Dugard as well. It's not because the police "cracked" the case.

Following is a link to a podcast of an interview Patty gave to WCCO's Esme Murphy following her TV broadcast featuring DR. I haven't had a chance to listen to the entire podcast yet, but Patty is very positive about the continued attention to Jacob's abduction.

http://nyc.podcast.play.it/media/d0...5562089370534031236_1B6peZEaHD2kiOtBdY6BjPWyw

thank for that. Patti said that they are looking at others as well. Her evasion about DR was interesting to me. She would not deny that he was out of the running.

People can call with names. Now would be a good time to call re all of the others people have mentioned on here.

Patti knows way more than she is revealing. It is her son and she sure is not going to allow anyone to mess things up.

The point that someone knows something is so poignant . Considering that Kevin and his family did nothing!

Maybe someone can explain this.

DR says he called LE about a small dark car. But then it seems the only call was about the woodpile, two hours later.

The small, dark car is about the time of the abduction. Then LE arrives. I still cannot believe that there are not sirens galore. A call like that would be shocking.

DR falls asleep instantly after the car came into his driveway?

2 hours later he makes a call about the woodpile?

I do have to say I am amazed LE did not go up to the house and interview him.

But, if someone can find it, there was a news article that stated that he opened his window and called to LE that he was not coming out. It was not worth his time.

So many different stories.

Bumping for Jacob.

New poster here. I found this website accidentally last week when I was researching information about the three young women found in Cleveland.
That was the first time I read about Jacob Wetterling's abduction, and I have been haunted by it ever since.

I can't quite put it into words, although I suspect many of you know exactly how I feel, how much of an impact this young man's disappearance has had on me since I first read the details of his abduction on this forum last week. That's when it suddenly struck me. If Jacob's abduction has had such an emotional impact on me, I can't possibly imagine what the Wetterling's have felt all these years that Jacob has been missing. As so many have expressed before me, my thoughts and prayers go out to Jacob and his family.

I do have one question about the facts of the case (actually many questions). Hoping one of the regular posters might be able to clear up this matter for me.

I have read two different versions about the order in which the abductor asked the boys their age and told them to run towards the woods.

In version #1, the abductor first asked Trevor his age, then Aaron, and then Jacob. The abductor then tells Trevor to run towards the woods or he will shoot, then tells Aaron the same.

In version #2, the abductor asks Trevor his age, then tells him to run towards the woods. The abductor then asks Aaron his age and then tells him to run towards the woods.

I do have a theory on each scenario, but I will wait to get a response. I am guessing that version #1 would have to be correct since by most accounts all 3 boys were asked their age.

On a side note, I would be very interested to know if the boys were laying on the ground in the order the abductor asked each boy their age. Going from left to right, Trevor would be 1st on the left, Aaron 2nd or in the middle, Jacob 3rd on the right. Appreciate any information.

I am very encouraged by Patty Wetterlings most recent interview. I would imagine that the Cleveland case has also re-energized many families.

Prayers for missing children everywhere...

Bumping for Jacob.

I do have one question about the facts of the case (actually many questions). Hoping one of the regular posters might be able to clear up this matter for me.

I have read two different versions about the order in which the abductor asked the boys their age and told them to run towards the woods.

In version #1, the abductor first asked Trevor his age, then Aaron, and then Jacob. The abductor then tells Trevor to run towards the woods or he will shoot, then tells Aaron the same.

In version #2, the abductor asks Trevor his age, then tells him to run towards the woods. The abductor then asks Aaron his age and then tells him to run towards the woods.

I do have a theory on each scenario, but I will wait to get a response. I am guessing that version #1 would have to be correct since by most accounts all 3 boys were asked their age.

On a side note, I would be very interested to know if the boys were laying on the ground in the order the abductor asked each boy their age. Going from left to right, Trevor would be 1st on the left, Aaron 2nd or in the middle, Jacob 3rd on the right. Appreciate any information.
e...

This is something I have wondered many times myself - I lean toward #2 because that's the version I've read most consistently. I think LE knows exactly what the order in which the boys were asked, and in which order the boys were lying in the ditch - but this would be information only the boys and the kidnapper would know, so they're likely not going to release this information definitively.

Bumping for Jacob.

New poster here. I found this website accidentally last week when I was researching information about the three young women found in Cleveland.
That was the first time I read about Jacob Wetterling's abduction, and I have been haunted by it ever since.

I can't quite put it into words, although I suspect many of you know exactly how I feel, how much of an impact this young man's disappearance has had on me since I first read the details of his abduction on this forum last week. That's when it suddenly struck me. If Jacob's abduction has had such an emotional impact on me, I can't possibly imagine what the Wetterling's have felt all these years that Jacob has been missing. As so many have expressed before me, my thoughts and prayers go out to Jacob and his family.

I am very encouraged by Patty Wetterlings most recent interview. I would imagine that the Cleveland case has also re-energized many families.

Prayers for missing children everywhere...

Here is an interview with Aaron Larson:
http://www.startribune.com/video/64688382.html#/64688382/video/1/

This is worth watching for many reasons. But it does seem to answer your question about the questioning of the children of their ages. Aaron's story here seems to align with your version #1.

Here is an interview with Aaron Larson:
http://www.startribune.com/video/64688382.html#/64688382/video/1/

This is worth watching for many reasons. But it does seem to answer your question about the questioning of the children of their ages. Aaron's story here seems to align with your version #1.

This is what I think, also. If the abductor needed to know their ages, why would he have Trevor and Aaron run before finding out how old each boy was, including Jacob? It makes makes more sense to me that he first asked each one for their age before he chose Jacob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member