MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not disputing Pensan's information regarding sex offenders. It's putting that label on a person without any any proof to back it up that I feel is very unfair.

As far as religious views, I realize Pensfan brought that up about his parents and not DR himself. However, one person's view doesn't always reflect the views of others in the same family. I'm also not sure what that has to do with any of Dan's relationships that he has or hasn't had or why that is so important. I'm just not sure where Pensfan was going with that line of thought, as I don't think it's relevant, since nothing links him to any crime.

Linked to the crime?

There is a person linked. His name is DR and he has been named a person of interest.

I think something that Pensfan brings up is very interesting: the intense religion of the parents.

If one of their children was gay, I wonder how they would feel about that? I have read horror stories about parent's reactions to their own gay children.

I know that many children have had issues because the parents could not accept it.

What is all of this fabulous information that DR has?

Why does he not share it?

I think it was the cars in the driveway. I know, not as earth-shattering as we may have expected - but I think that's what he was referring to all this time.

Linked to the crime?

There is a person linked. His name is DR and he has been named a person of interest.

I meant physical evidence or a confession. His proximity to the abduction site isn't enough. It just makes him an easy target and a lot of people are running with the idea that it must be him. Also, it's been mentioned that he's not the only person LE has looked at. He's just the only person whose name was made public (as a POI, not a suspect).

I think it was the cars in the driveway. I know, not as earth-shattering as we may have expected - but I think that's what he was referring to all this time.

Wow! That makes sense.

The afternoon car that returned as a different car in the evening.

He should have tried that out with others for feedback as it makes no sense.

I meant physical evidence or a confession. His proximity to the abduction site isn't enough. It just makes him an easy target and a lot of people are running with the idea that it must be him. Also, it's been mentioned that he's not the only person LE has looked at. He's just the only person whose name was made public (as a POI, not a suspect).

There is no point in going over and over the info, but being named as POI is huge.

And the sealed warrants which allowed a farm to be dug up.

And the soil and gravel sifted. Wow!

LE has not eliminated him and they kept items that were stained with blood, such as a trunk.

I do not believe that anyone could have Jacob's DNA, so the blood stains must have matched his blood type.

Maybe in the future, methods will be developed to get more info out of the blood stains.

Just think about touch DNA , something that was only dreamed of years ago

There is no point in going over and over the info, but being named as POI is huge.

And the sealed warrants which allowed a farm to be dug up.

And the soil and gravel sifted. Wow!

LE has not eliminated him and they kept items that were stained with blood, such as a trunk.

I do not believe that anyone could have Jacob's DNA, so the blood stains must have matched his blood type.

Maybe in the future, methods will be developed to get more info out if the blood stains.

Just think about touch DNA , something that was only dreamed of years sgo

Wouldn't they be able to match DNA to his family? They would be able to tell he was a relative, at least. This is how they implicated BTK, by getting his daughter's hairbrush, I believe.

Another quote from the article which is very interesting to me. He was called a POI AFTER the search.

Hm!!!!!

After the search of the property this summer, Sanner called Dan Rassier a "person of interest" in the abduction. Rassier has been interviewed multiple times about the disappearance and has said he submitted to DNA sampling and other tests.

Where facts do you have to support the sex offender accusation? He has no history.

What makes you believe he is/was isolated from other adults? He has a full time job outside his home, so he's not locked up inside his house 24/7.

Have DR's relationship status, sexual orientation, and religious views ever been public information? He doesn't own anyone an explanation. His lifestyle choices do not make him guilty of a crime.
Look up the well-known characteristics of pedophiles.
http://lmgtfy.com

The only well-known characteristics that Dan doesn't fit occur because Dan's smokescreen is living at home with his mom and dad forever.

"Items recovered in farm search not linked to Wetterling abduction"

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=874526

Burning evidence tends to do destroy DNA. Don't tell me you actually believe Dan's story about the burned animal remains in his gravel pit? Dan was oddly very quick to announce to the sheriff that he would find burned animal remains there. Who burns dead rodents before putting them in their gravel pit? Nobody.

I took this quote out of the very same article.

Some items will undergo further testing. Sanner would not say what those items are or what sort of testing will be done. The Sheriff says he hopes technology will continue to improve and allow for more testing of the items seized in the future.
This is likely to be the burned bone fragments found in the gravel pit. Exposure to the acids in soil can ruin chances of dna recovery in bones as well as exposure to heat.

(I can't think of any reason anyone would burn dead rodents and then throw their ashes into a gravel pit. Can you? This was Dan's ridiculous excuse to the sheriff for having bone fragments in his gravel pit. I think Dan created such an illogical lie because he needed some excuse for the bone fragments which would be found in his gravel pit.)

Since Dan felt the need to tell the sheriff that there were animal ashes in his gravel pit, here is info about DNA in burned animal bones and ashes:

Fire temperature was found to be an important factor given that only 25% of the DNA recovered from rooms in which the arson fires were started yielded interpretable (DNA) results.

It was clear that the convection-oven degraded the DNA more evenly than the open flame, even at half the temperature of the open flame.

After forty minutes in the oven, only flake material was left on the bone in our simulated arson samples, and the bone itself crumbled.
http://archive.ispub.com/journal/th...itions-were-varied1.html#sthash.kuwOhaQy.dpuf

Yikes. A convection oven is more effective for destroying DNA in bones than an outside (obvious to neighbors) open flame.

Welcome to Websleuths, JerseyJo!
:wagon:

Because I study human behavior, I'd like to know what made Kevin suddenly decide to share his alleged important info years too late. IMO, this says volumes about the reliability of Kevin's info. In addition, the fact that none of the people who were allegedly privilege to this knowledge came forward strongly suggests that it's not reliable information. IMO, Kevin should take get his need for public attention met elsewhere. Suggesting that he take a polygraph at his own expense might encourage him to meet his 'needs' elsewhere.

Thanks Pensfan.

I can't find the link, but I believe Kevin had been at a party/event, years after the abduction, and was telling the story of how he arrived at the abduction site before the police to a Marshall. Kevin said that he believed the tire track that LE was searching for at the scene of the crime was in fact the tire track he made while turning around on DR's property. The Marshall talked Kevin into to going to LE with his story. I will look for a link and post the story if I am able to find the article I read.

Since you study human behavior, I would be very interested in your opinion about DR's interview (2 part interview).

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=875911
http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=875817

JMO, but he certainly has a "strange" or "odd" demeanor at times, which makes him look guilty, especially considering the serious nature of the topic.

The Cold Spring male rape victim didn't identify Dan decades ago, but maybe he would if questioned again. This photo looks shockingly like Dan Rassier without his glasses. Remember that a frightened, very young rape victim gave this description to the police sketch artist.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MN MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #3

Pensfan
verified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse

<modsnip>. Jared, the Cold Spring victim, came forward as an adult. There's no doubt he has heard DR's voice and seen his pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member