MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Leprikawn is referring to the man that kidnapped Hornbeck, not Hornbeck himself.

No I am NOT saying that.......thats something I never would do.
Shawn said he would go on his own website and ask his parents questions, under an assumed name. He thought there was no way his parents would want him back because he felt damaged.

In the end his parents of course wanted him, and any parent would. The kids are the victims.

I apoligize if I wasnt clear on that.

Now that I have a little more time to make my thoughts more clear.....lol....since I obviously screwed that up before!

I think these predators are experts in mind control. They not only get these kids to depend on them but they scare the hell out of them. They also make them think that they cant survive without them...and No one but them wants them anymore...almost like the victim should be thankful for the abuse they are receiving.

The one that always got to me was Steven Stayner. This kid was SO terrified and lied to he couldnt bring himself to save himself when he had the oportunity because he was convinced by this man his parents didnt want him. The man that took him was a cereer psycho, who ended up taking another child. Steven ended up saving this child....which I find amazing!

And in this great society of laws.........the guy who took Steven served less time than he had Steven in captivity.

Shawn Hornbeck did what I think is the only thing a child can do........he survived!

Now that I have a little more time to make my thoughts more clear.....lol....since I obviously screwed that up before!

I think these predators are experts in mind control. They not only get these kids to depend on them but they scare the hell out of them. They also make them think that they cant survive without them...and No one but them wants them anymore...almost like the victim should be thankful for the abuse they are receiving.

The one that always got to me was Steven Stayner. This kid was SO terrified and lied to he couldnt bring himself to save himself when he had the oportunity because he was convinced by this man his parents didnt want him. The man that took him was a cereer psycho, who ended up taking another child. Steven ended up saving this child....which I find amazing!

And in this great society of laws.........the guy who took Steven served less time than he had Steven in captivity.

Shawn Hornbeck did what I think is the only thing a child can do........he survived!

Thanks Lep... I KNEW I must have misunderstood your post!! I normally don't jump on posts like that - so I'm hoping I didn't offend!! I just wanted to make sure that we're all CLEAR that we do NOT BLAME VICTIMS!! We don't know who might be reading this - why - Jacob himself might well read this, and we'd never want him (or anyone else) to think that he should not reveal himself to anyone for fear of being blamed!! Thanks so much for taking the time to clarify!

I was also always quite taken with Steven Stayner's case. It amazes me how he wasn't able to stand up for himself, and set himself free - but he WAS able to stand up for a younger child, and defend that child at great risk of personal injury! I was very sad to learn that he was killed only a few years later in a motorcycle accident, leaving behind a wife and children. :(

I hope one day Jacob is found - there is still hope. There is always hope!

Hey thanks for pointing out my error.....I'm glad I could clear it up.

Yeah the man that took Steven, (I use the word man loosely) tried to get a care taker to "Buy" him a boy years later. I believe he died in prison.
I still cant believe he got less years in prison than he had kept Steven.

I truly feel for the Stayner family, they had alot of tragedy in their lives.

They really did -- their son Cary was convicted of being a serial murderer! Steven died only a few years after his escape from his abductor... and an uncle of his was apparently murdered according to at least one site I read yesterday when refreshing my memory on the details of his case, and his family..... terribly sad! I wonder how his children are doing today?

Why I think St. John's Abbey should be further investigated re: Jacob Wetterling. This from news Sept 18, 2011.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/09/18/st-johns-abbey-seeks-to-keep-priest-info-private

"The attorneys representing St. John’s Abbey are asking a judge to keep secret any documents or evidence that they turn over in a clergy sex-abuse lawsuit regarding Rev. Francisco Schulte."

Doesn't this just "fry" you? Any other business would never protect a sex offender.

I was on whitepages.com the other day and decided to type Jacob's name in to see what comes up. There wasn't many results but when I scrolled down to the bottom there was a Jacob Wetterling listed in Fargo, ND. I clicked on the link but it didn't give me much info. However his age says 33 which I think is the age Jacob would be right now, am I right? It could be a different Jacob Wetterling. I really don't how many there are in the United States but the age similarity caught my attention. If anyone is interested just go to www.whitepages.com and go to find people. Type in Jacob Wetterling but don't type anything in the box where it asks for a city or zip code. Let me know what your opinions are on this.

Wow, how nuts would that be if Jacob is in the white pages and was alive all along. wow!!!

Has to be coincidence. Im sure Patty W has googled Jacob .It must be just surreal for her to see that. I think I would go knock on his door.

I was on whitepages.com the other day and decided to type Jacob's name in to see what comes up. There wasn't many results but when I scrolled down to the bottom there was a Jacob Wetterling listed in Fargo, ND. I clicked on the link but it didn't give me much info. However his age says 33 which I think is the age Jacob would be right now, am I right? It could be a different Jacob Wetterling. I really don't how many there are in the United States but the age similarity caught my attention. If anyone is interested just go to www.whitepages.com and go to find people. Type in Jacob Wetterling but don't type anything in the box where it asks for a city or zip code. Let me know what your opinions are on this.

My opinion - if Jacob still knew his own name and was independent enough to be in the white pages, he would have made contact with his family by now. The US is a big place, there could easily be two people born the same year with the name Jacob Wetterling.

If Jacob is still alive, which I doubt, he obviously doesn't know who he is anymore, or he's not in a position to communicate independently with the outside world.

They really did -- their son Cary was convicted of being a serial murderer! Steven died only a few years after his escape from his abductor... and an uncle of his was apparently murdered according to at least one site I read yesterday when refreshing my memory on the details of his case, and his family..... terribly sad! I wonder how his children are doing today?

I know this is OT, but just for anyone who is interested - last I heard, Steven's daughter was a flight lieutenant in the USAF, and his son is in the Army. They are both doing great. :loser:

My opinion - if Jacob still knew his own name and was independent enough to be in the white pages, he would have made contact with his family by now. The US is a big place, there could easily be two people born the same year with the name Jacob Wetterling.

If Jacob is still alive, which I doubt, he obviously doesn't know who he is anymore, or he's not in a position to communicate independently with the outside world.

I do agree with you to some extent, but you never know. You could also think what if Jacob doesn't want to go home or contact his family? Not because he is selfish but maybe just of shame, thinking his family doesn't want him anymore, or maybe he doesn't want to be bombarded by the media. However these are just opinions but like people said before "stranger things have happened". On the other hand if he was TRYING to hide I'm sure he would have changed his name or something, so like I said part of me does agree with you.

If you go to pipl.com and type in Jacob Wetterling, you will get scads of possibilities, including a 33 yr old Jacob Wetterling from Kellogg, MN.

Such a beautiful boy. Such a sad story.

I sure wish the family and all of us could get some answers!

I've just been reading about this case and I do think that there is probably a connection to the Abbey. All those alleged paedophiles collecting together has got to be a disaster waiting to happen, IMO. Also, if one of the children was correct about hearing a disturbance near the abduction site, on their way to the store, then someone might have known beforehand where they were heading.

I remember once reading about a case in the early 80s in which a paedophile ring was operating. When one of the group spotted a potential victim they would phone other members, the child was then abducted and transported some miles away to a caravan in a remote field. The rest of the ring was then contacted to let them know.

I really wouldn't be surprised at all to learn that some of the people in that area were members of a paedophile ring after being abused themselves as children. So, it isn't really a great stretch of the imagination to think that any one of them could have first notified others, including someone at the party the parents were attending.

I also question the motive of the priest or monk who was there for the parents after the abduction, as I think that being around them would be a very good way to garner information about the investigation. Also, it would be interesting to learn what Joshua Guimond could have found out.

http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/134944918.html

Well, imagine this! The St. Cloud Diocese (MN) is actually holding a public meeting to air allegations that a prominent Minnesota child welfare advocate sexually abused two boys more than 40 years ago. The accused was a deacon of the Church of the Holy Spirit.

It's taken 40 years to discover there was a problem, despite one kid telling a school counselor who referred him to a diocese counselor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member