MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: I am confused about people being upset that I, for one, am linking known perverts with a POI . . . I don't feel it is my job to prove DR is innocent.

You don’t have to prove anyone is innocent, because in America all persons are legally presumed innocent! <modsnip>
<modsnip>

I would be interested to hear what your theory is and whom you consider a prime POI.

I would find it hard to understand that being a deciding factor when the car could have been stashed out of obvious sight OR one abduction was close to the perps home and one was not.

I think it was because when they decided that a car wasn't used, DR became their prime suspect for Jacob's abduction, but for some reason he wasn't considered a possible for Jared. Presumably Jared's description, or some other evidence, ruled DR out for that crime.

I have not read anywhere that DR has been ruled out as a suspect in Jared's case. For me, he does not resemble the sketch at all. But who knows, maybe he altered his appearance.

I am now supremely confused. I thought DAH was the one linked with Jared. I have never read that Jared and Jacob are linked by evidence.

Where is all of this different info coming from?

As far as the car, perhaps the only tire tracks are from two cars. The one that came for music lessons and the other one that was Kevin's.

This DelWin thing is all new info. So you sure have to wonder how much info is out there that we have no clue about.

I've never heard DR being ruled out for Jared's abduction, and I've never heard him named as a POI in that case either. But I'm surmising that they don't like him for that crime on the grounds that they seemed to do an about face on the idea that both crimes were connected around the same time as they honed in on DR for Jacob's abduction.

There have been some links mentioned between Jared and Jacob's cases; the perp saying in both cases to "run away and don't look back or I'll shoot," the fact they both happened in 1989 in fairly close proximity (20 some miles?), the gruff, raspy voice of the perp.

Maybe DR wasn't thought to be likely in Jared's case because he was still around for Jared to see - maybe the height or weight didn't match up. It could be factors that tied the two cases together were not revealed to the public by LE also.

That's amazing that the Del-Win polka fest ran until 10 pm, ELOC! Hard to believe that road wasn't crowded with cars coming and going from that. The perp could have taken Jacob and mingled right in with all the people leaving there at closing. Interesting that LE set up command headquarters there, it makes me think maybe they started searching in the Del-Win parking lot and moved out from there. That would explain why they weren't at DR's farm until later that night.

Right, so you're saying that DAH did it, and everybody knows this apart from us. In that case - where is Jacob?

The perpetrator has been known almost since the disappearance of Jacob Wetterling. The perpetrator’s identity is known to the Wetterling family.

(snipped for brevity, BBM)

I find this difficult to believe, especially that Jacob's family knows who the perp is. If that was true, why would they still be searching? And why would LE still have DR listed as an official POI if they knew for sure this other guy did it.

(As far as having posts "snipped" by admin, one of the rules here on WS is that you do not attack other posters. So when you suggest that another poster is actually a pedophile and name that pedophile, the mods would naturally remove that. I don't believe I've ever seen mods remove actual facts or theories.)

(snipped for brevity, BBM)

I find this difficult to believe, especially that Jacob's family knows who the perp is. If that was true, why would they still be searching? And why would LE still have DR listed as an official POI if they knew for sure this other guy did it.

I agree. While I very well think DAH is a strong possibility, LE would not have spent all of that money, time, media attention searching DR's farm if they truly knew 100% that DAH was their guy.

I also think LE is embarrassed and frustrated that the case isn't solved. They know they have let the public down. So if they had enough evidence to convict DAH, they most certainly would have done it. This is one of the most well-known cases in the Midwest, if not the US. If they knew DAH was the guy, this would have been closed long ago one way or another.

Has anyone here on WS ever discussed this guy, and his similar appearance to the "creepy guy" in Tom Thumb sketches? If you can get past the somewhat humorous face he's making in the one shot....I think he bears some similarities

His name is Delbert Huber

delbert_huber.jpg
wetterling_sketch2.jpg
Delbert_Huber2.jpg

Link: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2012/09/04/man-82-sentenced-to-30-years-for-murder-of-teacher/

Just bumping this post, now that we have a link to DH.

Salem

Just bumping this post, now that we have a link to DH.

Salem

So DH is in jail now for murdering a teacher over an argument that the teacher owed his son 50 bucks... a real low life nut job.

As near as I can tell DH would have been about 58 at the time of Jacob's abduction.

I agree, he bears a striking resemblance to the "creepy guy" seen at the Tom Thumb.

Apparently there is a video interview of DH that was shown to the jury that convicted him, but I have not been able to find an active link.

Interesting about DH.

But, the DH were talking about is DHart.

I think this Huber guy was ruled out. Why? I do not recall.

There was another killing in the home right next to Tim Larson's father's farm in 1983 that was never solved...

"The Larson property, where Tim Larson was shot, is next to the late Scriver Olson's property near Belgrade. Olson was murdered in his home in February of 1983 and his killer was never arrested. And Huber's neice told me that Delbert was once questioned in connection with the 1989 disappearance of Jacob Wetterling, and he always goes out of his way to deny that he had anything to do with the lad's abduction. The boys who were with Jacob described the gunman as a white male, 40 to 50 years old, husky with broad shoulders and a raspy voice. Even though the Olson case was 28 years ago, and Jacob's abduction was 22 years ago, people still remember, and they know they are still unsolved."

http://kwlm.com/11-29-11-Huber-case...wonders/8842999?pid=184904&archive=1&doarch=1

Ok here are the details about the polka fest that was going on at the Del-Win hall the day of Jacob's abduction.

The event was billed as the KASM October Fest. Bands featured included Nite Owls, Play Mor, Honey Bees and Jonny Helget.

Ok here's the interesting part, the festival was scheduled 1-10pm. So the festival was still going on when Jacob was abducted. I can't believe that information was not revealed before, because that would have the potential to put a lot more folks near the Tom Thumb about 9:00 pm than previously assumed.

Wow!!! Where in the world did you find this information? Excellent job!!

The son could be Jared's kidnapper. Except he has flat ears. But the face could be of the sketch if you take a few years off and add hair.

Crazy guys!

Back to DR. How do we explain this? In this article DR claims he was sleeping.

So many contradictions.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_15424697

This photoshop is a bit rough, but I wanted to do a comparison. I wonder if back in thread 5
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215905&page=4
(post 77 & 78)
when we were talking about a "father and son" who were possible suspects - some guy named Gary on Topix had originally mentioned that he recognized the suspect drawings as a father and son. I bet the Hubers are who they meant.

huberscomparison.jpg

I'm not going to jump to conclusions, but PP is a known child molester, he lived in the area, he was in a polka band of his own and his body type seems to fit the description of the wetterling perp (both he and the perp were "bulky"). Furthermore, thanks to the excellent sleuthing skills of ELCOsoul and Ellienhawkeye, it has come to our attention that the polka fest did not end until 10:00 (Jacob was abducted at 9:15pm). Given the facts that POlka Padre was a member of the local "polka community" and that he lived within the area, it seems reasonable to specualte that PP attended the polka festival that night. And if he did, we have a PRIME suspect (circumstantially).

DH + TH.....I think Gary of Topix stated that the father had died a grueling death....so not sure if this was the father + son he was referencing.

The son could be Jared's kidnapper. Except he has flat ears. But the face could be of the sketch if you take a few years off and add hair.

Crazy guys!

Back to DR. How do we explain this? In this article DR claims he was sleeping.

So many contradictions.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_15424697

So was he searching the outbuildings or sleeping? So many inconsistencies in his story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024