MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks shergal...there's a couple things I noticed:
1. During the interview, DR + Esme are walking on the driveway. The road appears to be a solid gravel driveway but in 1989 shots the road has a more 'dirt' appearance...thus more impressionable. Being a working farm, I suppose they could have added more gravel over the years to solidify the road. DR describes talking with Sargent Bechtel...on the road...this makes me think the 40 yard stretch of road was 'contaminated' early on....thus destroying valuable evidence....unknowingly in the dark.
2. At approximately 1 min 30 seconds it shows the bikes...in the background there appears to be tracks in the grass...maybe shadows from the tele pole? There's a fenceline there so not sure how tracks could occur there.

we have no idea what kind of dogs were used in the search. And we know from many cases on WS that the dogs fail in their mission.

we do not know when the footprint pics were taken. I imagine that all documentation was done before the media was allowed to take the pics.

For all we know, the three wheeler tracks are those of LE since the crime scene is not going to be secured forever.

there is a lengthy discussion on here about gravel, etc. I do not know where, but it is here. People went out and looked as to what kind of tracks were left and for how long in similar type of driveway surfaces.

Thanks shergal...there's a couple things I noticed:
1. During the interview, DR + Esme are walking on the driveway. The road appears to be a solid gravel driveway but in 1989 shots the road has a more 'dirt' appearance...thus more impressionable. Being a working farm, I suppose they could have added more gravel over the years to solidify the road. DR describes talking with Sargent Bechtel...on the road...this makes me think the 40 yard stretch of road was 'contaminated' early on....thus destroying valuable evidence....unknowingly in the dark.
2. At approximately 1 min 30 seconds it shows the bikes...in the background there appears to be tracks in the grass...maybe shadows from the tele pole? There's a fenceline there so not sure how tracks could occur there.

It's kind of odd if DR walked out there that night to the main road and talked with Bruce Bechtold, then walked back and looked around his property, that his footprints weren't on the driveway in the morning. Unless he walked in the grass the whole way.

It seems the only footprint they found to make casts of was that one struggling footprint of Jacob.

I agree with human that those lighter vehicle tracks ear the edge of the driveway were probably from LE searching in the ditches after they had taken photos of Jacob's footprint and the tire tracks. They missed some things early on, but they weren't total incompetents.

Yes, I may be making too much of it. Not saying they were incompetent, maybe a little sloppy? If Kevin had not come forward, would they still be looking for that car? Seems to be like looking for a needle in the haystack so assume they would want to match the track to his info for good measure. It ust seems it would be difficult to identify every track. The abrupt ending of Jacob's prints + scent gives me pause regarding a vehicle.

Hello, long time lurker but I had a question that I'm not sure has been asked, forgive me if it has. With the way Jacob's footprints end, is it possible there was a lightweight truck involved and he was picked up and put in the back? Just a thought, and trying to think outside the box.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

“You know the detective's curse? Solution was right under my nose, but I was paying attention to the wrong clues.”

Marty Hart, True Detective

Prov. 11:14

“You know the detective's curse? Solution was right under my nose, but I was paying attention to the wrong clues.”

Marty Hart, True Detective

I can only presume you're referring to the first 14 years of the investigation, during which time they were looking for a car, and they assumed that Jared's and Jacob's cases were by the same perp.

We know that the Cold Spring man that was arrested in Jared's case was arrested prior to the reduction of FBI agents working on Jacob's case. The reductions started prior to the weekend before Thanksgiving, so the arrest would have been by mid November, perhaps as early as late October.

I am wondering, since mossad seems to know the answers, why he does not share the answer and the facts the answer is based upon.

Yes, I may be making too much of it. Not saying they were incompetent, maybe a little sloppy? If Kevin had not come forward, would they still be looking for that car? Seems to be like looking for a needle in the haystack so assume they would want to match the track to his info for good measure. It ust seems it would be difficult to identify every track. The abrupt ending of Jacob's prints + scent gives me pause regarding a vehicle.

Where is the documentation on all of the footprints that were found?

I think we do not know much of the info. We see that on WS all of the time. Things kept back from the public. Many things.

The ever so wise Mossad strikes again. Mossad doesn't always lift wooden logs for his facebook photos but when he does they are with duct taped gloves.

Where is the documentation on all of the footprints that were found?

I think we do not know much of the info. We see that on WS all of the time. Things kept back from the public. Many things.

Trackergd discussed the prints...if you look at that post (Thread #5, #1083)..I think...there's a picture of the prints with different colored arrows analyzing the prints.

Yes, I understand the road would not have been secured for a long time and obviously the pictures LE has(I assume they have lots) of evidence on that road is not available

I found mention of Jacob in an article about another missing boy who has never been found, (Charles) Arlin Henderson.

"Friends of Arlin Henderson was formed in January with the help of two truck drivers - Dan Stiegler and Jim Persons - who are active in the search for another boy, Jacob Wetterling.

Jacob was 11 when he disappeared Oct. 22, 1989, in St. Joseph, Minn.

Stiegler, of Pensacola, Fla., said he and Persons, of Fargo, N.D., have helped organize several families of missing children. They give advice on how to raise money, distribute fliers and gain community support, Stiegler said.

"The community tends to react to a group better than to just an individual," he said.

Stiegler helped Henderson set up the Charles A. (Arlin) Henderson Search Fund at the Bank of Old Monroe in Moscow Mills. Money from the fund is dedicated to the search, Henderson said.

"We're trying to go nationwide on the posters," she said.

Community groups already had set up a reward fund at People's Bank in Troy. A reward of $10,000 has been offered for the boy's safe return.

And a reward of up to $1,000 has been offered for information about his bicycle.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19920301&slug=1478643

I don't think I've ever heard of this Jim Persons or Dan Stiegler looking for Jacob. Anyone else?

Here are more articles on (Charles) Arlin Henderson - he looked like Jacob, was taken while riding his bike and has never been found.
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/henderson_charles.html
http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/da...son_fbi_renews_effort_to_find_missing_boy.php

shergal, yes I read that article a few months ago...found it by chance....but unlike you I'm a lousy 'linker' so thanks for posting it! I think I saw it while looking for Chuckie Mauk information. Seems a lot of abductions occur when kids are on their bikes.

Are such persons simply trying to fill a void, or something missing, in their own lives? Are such persons so troubled themselves that they might be unable to maintain objectivity? Would such Persons, for example, resort to encrypted Torah codes to try to arrive at answers by some sort of dubious divination? Who are such Persons and why, despite their decades-long efforts, does the missing person’s case nevertheless remain unresolved?

What would happen if, instead, a person could set aside all emotion to begin to see with absolute clarity what they have yet to see? Imagine, what would happen then?

Would a tree-farmer’s daughter then spend her hospital lunch breaks across the street, past the two guards perched high on their posts, ardently pouring over old archives to find answers? Would a dairy land driver drive a little further to do the same?

Or would complete absence of emotion reduce interested persons to the same state of mind as the psychopath himself?

What price clarity? What price vision?

What kind of person will it take to explain this case?

hxxp://www.viddler.com/v/82456bc7

Are such persons simply trying to fill a void, or something missing, in their own lives? Are such persons so troubled themselves that they might be unable to maintain objectivity? Would such Persons, for example, resort to encrypted Torah codes to try to arrive at answers by some sort of dubious divination? Who are such Persons and why, despite their decades-long efforts, does the missing person’s case nevertheless remain unresolved?

What would happen if, instead, a person could set aside all emotion to begin to see with absolute clarity what they have yet to see? Imagine, what would happen then?

Would a tree-farmer’s daughter then spend her hospital lunch breaks across the street, past the two guards perched high on their posts, ardently pouring over old archives to find answers? Would a dairy land driver drive a little further to do the same?

Or would complete absence of emotion reduce interested persons to the same state of mind as the psychopath himself?

Thanks for finding more out about Jim Persons, truck driver (and his wife), Mossad. I was just curious about how he got involved with both missing boy cases to begin with. If he knew the families, or like all of us, just heard their stories and felt he wanted to help somehow.

(I do get that you don't think we're "helping" here. And it sounds as if you don't think the TF daughter is helping either. Maybe you need to be more direct in your posts with us, so we don't feel like we're playing a guessing game deciphering your hints.)

Personally, I don't think I can separate emotion out of looking for Jacob. If you can, more power to you.

On March 9, 1986 a 12 year old Paynesville boy was walking near G&T Foods when a man driving an old blue four door car pulled up and asked him if he needed a ride. When the boy said no, the man then asked if he wanted to go to "Toyland".

Then in August 1986, a 13 year old boy was attacked from behind but not assaulted. In November 1986, another 13 year old boy was attacked from behind, and this boy was sexually assaulted.

All of these incidents occurred in Paynesville.

Mossad....maybe you could explain it?

Thanks, I appreciate being recognized for my efforts. Could be they simply want to make a difference.

Mossad, are you saying that the tree farmers daughter is researching in Kandiyohi county court records?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NNT1