MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following this case for 25 years and every time I read another newspaper article or see a TV news story I learn some fact about the case that I never knew before. Just wish that someone would compile ALL the known facts and make them available. Maybe it's time someone wrote a book. Why is LE so reluctant to tell the public anything? I know they always deliberately hold back some information from the public, but maybe it's time to get more of it out there. :twocents:

It occurs to me that the FBI should inquire about sexual assaults on boys that occurred at the same time a large running event nationwide and cross reference to see if DR was registered to run.

Assuming there is a connection between JW's disappearance and the Paynesville/Cold Spring molestations...

Why did this all seem to end after JW disappeared? Did the perp "move on" to a different location? Is he deceased?

Trino, one of my suspects was civilly committed in 1990 to MN Sex offender program and is still there. Not sure if he is the guy though. No proof yet. We also have another who moved to a different country. Another on my list is deceased. Two of those three were short and stocky.

It is telling that these assaults stopped right when Jacob was taken. Perhaps DR was the perp and since he acted on his impulse in his own front yard, he needed to stop his assaults nearby to not draw any more attention to himself. Maybe this was also the only one that ended in the death of the child since it was so close to home and he may have been recognized? I would definitely cross reference any child molestation that occurred during a running event in which DR participated. Maybe these are all related?

Or maybe they are not. What did the guy look like who assaulted the boys in Paynesville? What was he wearing? Was he driving or on foot? What kind of car?

Trino, one of my suspects was civilly committed in 1990 to MN Sex offender program and is still there. Not sure if he is the guy though. No proof yet. We also have another who moved to a different country. Another on my list is deceased. Two of those three were short and stocky.

I was just thinking he probably fled the state or country. These guys should be freshly looked at.

It is telling that these assaults stopped right when Jacob was taken. Perhaps DR was the perp and since he acted on his impulse in his own front yard, he needed to stop his assaults nearby to not draw any more attention to himself. Maybe this was also the only one that ended in the death of the child since it was so close to home and he may have been recognized? I would definitely cross reference any child molestation that occurred during a running event in which DR participated. Maybe these are all related?

Or maybe they are not. What did the guy look like who assaulted the boys in Paynesville? What was he wearing? Was he driving or on foot? What kind of car?

According to the story it sounds like in a couple cases he wasnt wearing a mask. So it would be crucial to try and gain a public sketch of this guy.

http://wjon.com/new-london-blogger-suggests-link-between-wetterling-abduction-paynesville-incidents/

“What’s sort of startling is its very similar to Jacob’s case in that the guy either wore a mask or had his face blacked out in every instance and he had the same general build – which was kind of shorter and stocky – and he had a deep, low voice which was also similar to Jacob’s situation.”, she says.

DR (in 1989) wasn't considered short and stocky.

The description that was given in Jacob's case didn't include short and stocky, just stocky. And if he had a puffy coat on, it would appear that he was stocky to a kid.

Human, regarding B in Iredell County, NC, did the jail folks tell you no arrest record? I can try county clerk again, but think it probably isn't a significant charge. However, I'm still interested in the person.

I called the first number listed and it goes to the Sheriff. A man there answered and told me he had no records and then transferred me to the jail. The woman there took down the info , looked and told me she had no records of him.

She gave me the number of the Clerk of Court. 704-832-8600. That is the number I call that is busy busy busy

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/...-revealed-in-jacob-wetterling-abduction-case/

More info.

Patty Wetterling didn't know?
“We did not know about these cases until Joy Baker put it on her blog, and it was like, ‘Wow,’” Patty Wetterling said."

"Current Stearns County Sheriff John Sanner agreed the lack of Internet and the fact that small town law enforcement agencies often acted independently may have kept the Paynesville cases from becoming a significant part of the Jacob Wetterling investigation."

The description that was given in Jacob's case didn't include short and stocky, just stocky. And if he had a puffy coat on, it would appear that he was stocky to a kid.

You're assuming all of the abductions took place in cooler weather. Maybe some were in summer.

Assuming there is a connection between JW's disappearance and the Paynesville/Cold Spring molestations...

Why did this all seem to end after JW disappeared? Did the perp "move on" to a different location? Is he deceased?

Good question. Speculation is that Duane Allen Hart may have been the one that committed the Paynesville crimes, and some consider him a possibility for Jared and Jacob as well. He was arrested in January 1990, and has been incarcerated ever since.

I am just excited that we have so many more potential witnesses who could give more clues to a possible suspect's identity. Hopefully LE investigates all leads and has accurate suspect lists.

does anyone know if MSOP (MN sex offenders program) has pictures of its inmates like the prisons/jails do? I have not been able to find a recent pic of DAH.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2014/...-revealed-in-jacob-wetterling-abduction-case/

More info.

Patty Wetterling didn't know?
“We did not know about these cases until Joy Baker put it on her blog, and it was like, ‘Wow,’” Patty Wetterling said."

"Current Stearns County Sheriff John Sanner agreed the lack of Internet and the fact that small town law enforcement agencies often acted independently may have kept the Paynesville cases from becoming a significant part of the Jacob Wetterling investigation."

It makes sense to me that Patty Wetterling wouldn't have known about the Paynesville cases, because I'm sure LE didn't share every single person they looked at with her. What's important is they are looking at those old cases more closely again now.

"Stearns County Sheriff John Sanner said authorities have always known about the Paynesville cases and investigated them years ago. They are now taking another look at them to see if there are any possible connections to Jacob’s disappearance and Jared’s abduction, KARE 11 reports.

As to why the cases weren’t more closely connected at the time, Sanner said back in 1989, small town law enforcement agencies often acted independently, and didn’t have some of the tools that investigators commonly use now.

We can’t look back. We are actively investigating these cases now,” he told WCCO.

Sanner is asking anyone who might have information to call his department at 320-251-4240."

http://www.bringmethenews.com/2014/05/14/jacob-wetterling-case/

Good question. Speculation is that Duane Allen Hart may have been the one that committed the Paynesville crimes, and some consider him a possibility for Jared and Jacob as well. He was arrested in January 1990, and has been incarcerated ever since.

The Huber father (Del) and son (Tim) who have been mentioned in some of the new online articles now online (link below) were also looked at in Jacob's case. They are both in prison now also.

"In another twist, police interviewed Delbert Huber and his son Tim at the time but they were not arrested. They are both now serving time for the murder of Tim Larson during a dispute near Belgrade in 2011."

http://wjon.com/new-london-blogger-suggests-link-between-wetterling-abduction-paynesville-incidents/

Back in 2013, our poster "the notebook" started a discussion on the Hubers:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223701&highlight=Hubers&page=7 Thread 6, page 7, post #159.

The discussion was continued by Salem and cGorg on page 8, posts # 184, 185, 188 and 189. In post #192 I posted a comparison picture of Del, Tim and the two suspect photos.
huberscomparison.jpg

They really did look a LOT like the suspect sketches from Jared and Tom Thumb. (Maybe TH may have been who Mossad was pointing at when he mentioned the "eyes", and lack of education, JMO.) The only problem I see with Hubers (other than that they were never arrested by LE after being looked at for Jacob's case) is their crimes all seemed to be shooting at neighbors or killing anyone who disagreed with them. Neither of them had any records of sexual abuse or pedophilia.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223701&highlight=Hubers&page=8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
womackian