MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.minnesotamonthly.com/med...race/index.php?cparticle=2&siarticle=1#artanc

I find a few things of interest in these paragraphs:

a) You start by experimenting...
b) Had probably been in jail before...
c) The three months/nine months theory...

"Neil Neddermeyer: FBI Special Agent Steve Gilkerson knew I had the only file in the state of known sex offenders toward children. A day after the kidnapping in St. Joe, the sheriff got a call from the special agent in charge. He said, “I need your guy, Neil Neddermeyer.” I had time to stop at my house and get a clean change of underwear. I was there the second day.

I had the experience to know that you don’t decide you’re going to go kidnap, rape, and murder a child today. You may start by experimenting with touching the child, or being around children, and you work up to it over a series of years, as a pedophile might. And in fact, the guy that did this had probably been in jail before. We knew or we were aware that there were certain sex offenders that had gone through the system and the Stearns County Jail. But there were no computers back then, and there was no way to search the inmate records, except by hand.

I had gotten to know the head of the Minnesota Security Hospital for the criminally insane in St. Peter, where a lot of the major sex-crime offenders go. He said somebody will commit a crime toward a child, then have three months of feeling empty, and then three months of starting to look, and he’ll do it again in nine months. So all of a sudden we’re putting together time slots.

At the time, there had been several child kidnappings by over-the-road truck drivers, so I took a look at who drove a truck through town.

We also knew that pedophiles sometimes sought out jobs where they could be around children. So we took a look at all the school-bus drivers and teachers and anybody that was around children. You can imagine how delicate that was."

I am surprised that no one is asking you more questions about your deduction. Instead it appears that everyone is suggesting that you are wrong.

That pic of LH is so similar to the sketch. Too much so to ignore it. Imo.

I am surprised that no one is asking you more questions about your deduction. Instead it appears that everyone is suggesting that you are wrong.

I think it is very interesting and very possible. I am just processing it still. Us MN natives have lived with this case all our lives and to see it so intelligently framed out after 25 years of LE bumbling is stunning. Still processing...

That pic of LH is so similar to the sketch. Too much so to ignore it. Imo.

That's why I don't believe FBI has this information. If they did there is no way they wouldn't be running stings, schemes and street games all over Salt Lake City right now. Even if they didn't have the evidence, I'd think they'd be doing something. Maybe they are and we aren't hearing about it. It's got to be one of the two, imo.

~ svh

Let me qualify that correctly. FBI may have the pics and all. They may have surveillance of people. But I'm saying I don't think anyone bothered to even look at the composite and the hundreds of pictures they piled up. It's the lack of putting 2 and 2 together that is killing the investigation, imo. They've got plenty of info.

That's why I don't believe FBI has this information. If they did there is no way they wouldn't be running stings, schemes and street games all over Salt Lake City right now. Even if they didn't have the evidence, I'd think they'd be doing something. Maybe they are and we aren't hearing about it. It's got to be one of the two, imo.

~ svh

I doubt they are doing much of anything and even if they did get the info a long time ago it fell through the cracks. You know, too few agents and lots of newer cases.

the cycle of sexual abuse of children is horrible. it spreads like a disease because kids don't know it isn't normal to do and they don't know how it will effect them and others the rest of their lives. Adults who know what they are doing is wrong are the worst. 50-70 victims average before they are caught. and some of the victims become abusers themselves. it multiplies quickly. especially in towns who don't talk about this stuff and when people aren't arrested.

Sigrun, this is seriously astounding. For the first time ever, I feel like this could be it. Do you know for fact that he had a fb page and abruptly took it down? Is there any knowledge that he was in MN in 1989? I always felt that DR was involved but that Jacob wasn't still on his property. This could seriously go places.

sigrun, your ideas about LH are on track to me. The facebook unfriend was a huge red flag.

I would like to throw something out there. It may be far fetched but I am wondering if the abductor used a chemical to make jacob subdued and unconscious. If you take note DR worked at St Boniface Hospital in Cold Spring for awhile and LH worked at Utah hospital. Both would have knowledge about chemicals. Or could be a household chemical. Easier to carry JEW. I don't know I see him being carried and in a drugged state of mind.

There is no such thing as St. Boniface Hospital in Cold Spring. There is a St. Boniface School, where he taught music. My children had him.

It wasnt LH and it wasnt KR, they aren't the ones that collected a shrine over the years.

I doubt they are doing much of anything and even if they did get the info a long time ago it fell through the cracks. You know, too few agents and lots of newer cases.

Yes, the interesting question is when did this guy come onto their radar? DR must have been keeping a tight local secret. In any case this guy surely must have visited often and privately. This may be what prevented him from coming onto their radar. We only know about it because of a mistake DR made on FB and discovered right here on WS.

~ svh

Yes, the interesting question is when did this guy come onto their radar? DR must have been keeping a tight local secret. In any case this guy surely must have visited often and privately. This may be what prevented him from coming onto their radar. We only know about it because of a mistake DR made on FB and discovered right here on WS.

~ svh

Yep. Actually, I think he's made more than one.

Sigrun, this is seriously astounding. For the first time ever, I feel like this could be it. Do you know for fact that he had a fb page and abruptly took it down? Is there any knowledge that he was in MN in 1989? I always felt that DR was involved but that Jacob wasn't still on his property. This could seriously go places.

The FB takedown is documented here in WS timestamped comments. It is clear from several witnesses that the site was totally gone in 48 hours. And that is more than unfriending, that's removing all your comments, friends, everything. You don't normally do that if you're relying on FB for socializing.

The part about being in MN may be the very thing that is keeping LE from an arrest. They will need to show he was there. If this was some kind of secretive relationship to begin with, it will be very hard to do.

And yes, I think this scenario suggests JEW was taken away quickly. I would like to know if there is any way to move an auto through the back farm to a roadway? I think this would be needed within, say, 4 days of the abduction. I think this was spontaneous, mostly, so "S1" was not planning to leave that night right after the abduction.

~ svh

we looked into LH a while back when this FB thing started. I think Shergal has interesting info on him. Shady character and associates. We couldn't figure out if he was in MN at the time of the abduction.

Does anyone remember when DR's parents got back from Europe?

If we go with the theory that DR is the one, then we have to assume Jacob was in the house that night. By DR's own admission, LE did not go into the home until five days later. When was he able to remove JW? It wasn't that night, and it wasn't the next day....but it would have had to be before his parents got back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744