MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that DR knows KR did this and has been saving the shrine to give to him one day?

Does anyone remember when DR's parents got back from Europe?

If we go with the theory that DR is the one, then we have to assume Jacob was in the house that night. By DR's own admission, LE did not go into the home until five days later. When was he able to remove JW? It wasn't that night, and it wasn't the next day....but it would have had to be before his parents got back.

Yes!! Thank you. That sets an upper bound at least. If I knew the time JEW left I can tell much, much more about what happened after, so I've been working on a way to frame this problem. That helps.

~ svh

IF LH was the one, he could have quickly gotten on the highway right after the abduction and driven across the country.

The FB takedown is documented here in WS timestamped comments. It is clear from several witnesses that the site was totally gone in 48 hours. And that is more than unfriending, that's removing all your comments, friends, everything. You don't normally do that if you're relying on FB for socializing.

The part about being in MN may be the very thing that is keeping LE from an arrest. They will need to show he was there. If this was some kind of secretive relationship to begin with, it will be very hard to do.

And yes, I think this scenario suggests JEW was taken away quickly. I would like to know if there is any way to move an auto through the back farm to a roadway? I think this would be needed within, say, 4 days of the abduction. I think this was spontaneous, mostly, so "S1" was not planning to leave that night right after the abduction.

~ svh

On one of the 2 aerial pics I posted from Joy's Blog there is a clear field road that heads out of the farmyard in a different direction than the driveway. I wonder if that leads to a roadway?

If we go with the theory that DR is the one, then we have to assume Jacob was in the house that night. By DR's own admission, LE did not go into the home until five days later. When was he able to remove JW? It wasn't that night, and it wasn't the next day....but it would have had to be before his parents got back.

I believe his parents got home the day of the search, 5 days after the abduction.

IF LH was the one, he could have quickly gotten on the highway right after the abduction and driven across the country.

I wondered about this, and wondered if he fled and DR returned his stuff, whatever it might have been, sometime later.

~ svh

On one of the 2 aerial pics I posted from Joy's Blog there is a clear field road that heads out of the farmyard in a different direction than the driveway. I wonder if that leads to a roadway?

Possibly. The complication here is that we need to know the surface type in 1989 b/c roads like that can be impassable to all but tractors, depending. Funny thing is, the car that picked JEW up does appear to be rare, so it could be agricultural equipment, which has been discussed. Anyway, yes, I'd start by identifying roads that leave the property, then see what we can find out about the surfaces.

~ svh

I wondered about this, and wondered if he fled and DR returned his stuff, whatever it might have been, sometime later.

~ svh

well isn't it documented that DR was seen with loaded boxes in his car just days after the abduction?

I believe his parents got home the day of the search, 5 days after the abduction.

So, my hypothesis is that it was right after (he was still in flight) or it was, like I said earlier, about 4 days later. I think it's one of the two. I would tend to think the same night. He could reach central IL by what, early morning? I just have to figure out a clever way to answer this.

~ svh

well isn't it documented that DR was seen with loaded boxes in his car just days after the abduction?

S1 was also a band teacher. Maybe he wanted his instruments back, too.

~ svh

Possibly. The complication here is that we need to know the surface type in 1989 b/c roads like that can be impassable to all but tractors, depending. Funny thing is, the car that picked JEW up does appear to be rare, so it could be agricultural equipment, which has been discussed. Anyway, yes, I'd start by identifying roads that leave the property, then see what we can find out about the surfaces.

~ svh

old pickups used on farms travel those roads all the time and somebody driving one back then would not stand out.

I found one reference one time. I will see if I can find it. I remember the article stating the parents came home and the police came shortly after that if not that day.

So, my hypothesis is that it was right after (he was still in flight) or it was, like I said earlier, about 4 days later. I think it's one of the two. I would tend to think the same night. He could reach central IL by what, early morning? I just have to figure out a clever way to answer this.

~ svh

I think he was picked up, thrown in the truck and the truck just drove forward towards the field, got on the side road, accessed the highway and was gone in 2 to 3 minutes.

no snow was on the ground. It was a warm Oct day. Maybe LH was donating instruments to DR's program and that is why he was in town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aholloway14744