MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you stood in DR's bedroom and attempted to look out his window*in October? How can you be so certain that the leaves had fallen by October 22nd?
These images show that foliage hadn't fully changed yet.

33uykxy.jpg

25z1hz9.jpg

http://www.joybaker.com/2013/03/14/kevins-story/

There aren't any trees in these pictures.

Different approach: If you could ask LE 3 questions about the Jacob Wetterling case, what would they be?
My vote: (no particular order)
1. What makes you confident Kevin's alibi is valid?
2. To what degree did Kevin and his car compromise the crime scene?
3. How strong is the likelihood there were other tire tracks that were unaccounted for due to the previously held thought that Kevin's tracks were the freshest and hence, those of the perp?

I would ask LE:

1. It's been almost 25 years. What small tidbit of unheard information or evidence can you now release to the public that might generate new leads?? Give us something new to work with!

The A-75 sign has trees on the right side of the image. Even though its on the edge of the tree line, it's quite obvious the further to the right you go the denser it becomes. And with how thick the woods are between the road and the farmhouse, there's no chance downed foliage would have been enough to let a flashlight through.

There aren't any trees in these pictures.

True. To be clear, a dead body hit by a dog (regardless whether or not the body is present, and whether or not they know who it belongs to) IMO is sufficient for an arrest or at very least detained questioning

Who would be detained? His parents? One of the siblings? Who?

The A-75 sign has trees on the right side of the image. Even though its on the edge of the tree line, it's quite obvious the further to the right you go the denser it becomes. And with how thick the woods are between the road and the farmhouse, there's no chance downed foliage would have been enough to let a flashlight through.

There are pictures showing the road down towards the Wetterling neighborhood here somewhere. Looking down from DR driveway, you can see clear to the end of the street. MAYBE not all the way to Kiwi Ct but definitely to end of st. If DR was outside, even near his house he would have HEARD them at the very least. And he would surely have seen the flashlights at least at the end of the street.

I would ask LE:

1. It's been almost 25 years. What small tidbit of unheard information or evidence can you now release to the public that might generate new leads?? Give us something new to work with!

This is great. Any others? Perhaps more specific?

Different approach: If you could ask LE 3 questions about the Jacob Wetterling case, what would they be?
3. How strong is the likelihood there were other tire tracks that were unaccounted for due to the previously held thought that Kevin's tracks were the freshest and hence, those of the perp?

1. What exactly did cadaver dogs hit on in 2010?
2. What exactly was in DRs journal?
3. What was found in DRs computer?
4. Do Aaron and Trevor have any idea who did this now that they are older?
5. Who does Patty really think did this?

Sorry got carried away.

It was also October, no leaves on any trees. You would be able to see right through the trees between the road and the house.

I live in MN, and I can assure you leaves are not gone by Oct 22. They turning great colors around the second to third week of Oct.

I live in MN, and I can assure you leaves are not gone by Oct 22. They turning great colors around the second to third week of Oct.

I also live in mn. By the end of October the leaves are usually gone. I don't care if all the leaves were still on. When it's pitch black you can see flashlights through trees.

IMO. I think the LE saw the foot prints immediately, and that is why they looked in the wood pile first, I am guessing on distance but to me it looks like straight across from the woodpile on the drive way would be where the last foot print of JEW was found, as if he was taken from that point to somewhere around the woodpile, of all of the areas to search why would they pick the woodpile first unless they had a reason. If DR did this then the path from the woodpile to the house would be convenient. It shows on some of the pictures on this site.

IMO. I think the LE saw the foot prints immediately, and that is why they looked in the wood pile first, I am guessing on distance but to me it looks like straight across from the woodpile on the drive way would be where the last foot print of JEW was found, as if he was taken from that point to somewhere around the woodpile, of all of the areas to search why would they pick the woodpile first unless they had a reason. If DR did this then the path from the woodpile to the house would be convenient. It shows on some of the pictures on this site.

Wow! Interesting thought.

Yes, why the woodpile?

Open letter to Stearns County Law Enforcement:

It's been almost 25 years. What small tidbit of unheard information or evidence can you now release to the public that might generate new leads?? Give us something new to work with!

What exactly did cadaver dogs hit on in 2010?
What exactly was in DRs journal?
What was found in DRs computer?

To what degree did Kevin and his car compromise the crime scene?
How strong is the likelihood there were other tire tracks that were unaccounted for due to the previously held thought that Kevin's tracks were the freshest and hence, those of the perp?

(happy to add to this list - keep them coming!)

I live within 10 miles of the abduction site and can confirm that leaves change in late October. And no, you do not see a flashing light through 1/4 mile of foliage. Many times while playing laser tag with neighbors and siblings we could barely see each other through 20 feet of trees and shrubs.

I also live in mn. By the end of October the leaves are usually gone. I don't care if all the leaves were still on. When it's pitch black you can see flashlights through trees.

Were there tire prints of vehicles that belonged to the family other than mom, dad and DR?

How much neighborly contact did the boys have with DR, such as when he was out running (my boys, the same age as JEW, Trevor and Aaron, would have rode on their bikes along side of a jogger, or even wanted to "race"him on foot and they on their on bikes; they would have known a jogging neighbor better than I)

There is a glimmer of truth in every lie, what totally rules out the B's story?

I live within 10 miles of the abduction site and can confirm that leaves change in late October. And no, you do not see a flashing light through 1/4 mile of foliage. Many times while playing laser tag with neighbors and siblings we could barely see each other through 20 feet of trees and shrubs.

If you're going to argue just for the sake of it, it depends on if the tiny little patch of trees in front of DRs house is a mature forest with lots of undergrowth and brush or if its just a tiny little patch of trees in which case you could see a flashlight through the trees.

Great idea!

1) Could you provide photo's or videos of the entire driveway from the entry to up around the Rassier farm turnaround?

2) What prints were documented from the perp who halted the boys in the middle of the road?

3) Why didn't you knock on DR's door the night of the abduction?

4) Why didn't you search the entire farm? It was the closest residence to the abduction site.

5) In total, how many sets of tire tracks were found on the driveway?

"Dan has a pretty good idea of why his farm was searched in 2010, and we talked about it at length. We may share that story one day, but not yet. There are many more details to be worked out first."
Joy Baker

From post titled 'A meaningful encounter' at www.joybaker.com (for some reason this post shows up on my smart phone, but not when I look for it on my iPad)

I'm wondering why Joy and Dan aren't able to share that. I've thought it was the gravel pit statement or other things. Simple things. What could it be that requires working out details? Dan being straightforward would be helpful here if he is innocent. Is it his friendship with LH? Why can it come out 'one day' but not yet?

All great questions. I'll keep the list going through this time tomorrow and repost a master list (though clearly there's no real cutoff - just don't want to overpost updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo