MN MN - Joshua Guimond, 20, Collegeville, 9 Nov 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew several, every floor of the freshman dorms also had a faculty advisor which, from what I remember, was always a priest/monk. Found a picture of Dan Ward and he doesn't look familiar to me, could have been there but I didn't have a class with him, interact, etc.

if you could please look at any pictures of him to see if they were dated around the time Josh went missing. Dan W said he was in another country when Josh went missing. Josh was the captain of the mock trial team and Dan was the advisor.

Yeah, the picture I found was just from a google search, but I can try looking back at some dated pics from school. This was pre-facebook for most people, so those type of pics would be limited. I wish I had a yearbook of some sort.

do you know what country he said he was in? if it was on study abroad there would be many students who could confirm it

In somewhat related news, a different sort of response than usual, imo.
https://www.cp24.com/world/all-31-b...-over-handling-of-sex-abuse-scandal-1.3935293
May 18 2018
[h=1]All 31 bishops in Chile offer to resign over handling of sex abuse scandal[/h]
VATICAN CITY -- Every Chilean bishop offered to resign Friday over a sex abuse and coverup scandal, in the biggest shakeup ever in the Catholic Church's long-running abuse saga.
It marked the first known time in history that an entire national bishops conference had offered to resign en masse over scandal, and laid bare the devastation that the abuse crisis has caused the Catholic Church in Chile and beyond.

The Abbey on St. John's Campus is admittedly home to at least one known monk murderer. There are many unsolved violent deaths in Stearn's county, a small-town county where violent deaths should be almost unheard of; well, one was recently solved, not by local enforcement (although they took credit for it), but by a local true-crime blogger - the murder of 11 year-old Jacob Wetterling.

There have been unexplained and sudden deaths of accused Catholic Clergy within the Abbey walls; Fr. Bruce Wollmering for example. Wollmering was found dead in the basement locker room, blood was streaked down the hallway and into the locker room where Wollmering was found shortly after he died. He as under investigation for more sexual abuse and for his in appropriate comments and admission to being in love with and sending unwanted emails with/to missing student, Josh Guimond.

BBM

Interesting...I don't recall either one of these things. Do you know who the murderer monk is/was? Where did you find the info about Wollmering emailing Josh?

Missleah, please give us the source of how you found out Wollmering was emailing Josh? This is new info.
Also, I was going back over Wollmerings "file" from SJU. In his published obituary, Abbot Klassen says he died of "cardiac arrest" from blood loss. In all other sites and notes, he had a fractured skull, broken hip and lacerated liver. Abbot John Klassen was covering up Wollmerings death. why? The Immelman Turn » Blog Archive » Obituary: Bruce Wollmering, OSB

I don't know about you guys, but the autopsy looks like a hell of a lot more happened in that locker room than Bruce Wollmering falling down. My God, will we ever be told the truth about anything in relation to this case?? Moreover -- other than those present and Josh's family, along with a meager handful of other souls, does anyone care?? How can the community be okay with what happened to Josh? And now that Grandpa Bob has passed on -- I fear any momentum has stalled.

my aunt got hit by a pickup truck and sustained the same type of injuries. broken hip, head injuries, etc. she was walking across the street when it hit her at around 30 mph. there is no way he could get this many injuries from a slip and fall.
Thank you. I think he knew some bad people who may have been involved in his nefarious activities. Did the police ever reveal what was found on his computer?

I'd like to see of list of property & buildings owned by St. John's Abbey in the surrounding areas and lakes. They need to be searched.
Absolutely!! This should have been done right away -- but why do I know that there is no way the abbot would have allowed it. And I highly doubt the sheriff had any intention of taking this investigation any further than what was initially done.

Absolutely!! This should have been done right away -- but why do I know that there is no way the abbot would have allowed it. And I highly doubt the sheriff had any intention of taking this investigation any further than what was initially done.
Did i imagine that there was a cemetery on the school grounds, if they do, thinking that although it would be a tricky place to search, somehow would not be surprised if Joshua was hidden around there.
complete speculation, imo.

Call me cynical, but I think the initial focus on Josh's disappearance was deliberately directed outwards of the campus rather than inside -- where, in my opinion, the real answers are. It is just a shame that the possible perpetrator may have been taken out before the truth could be uncovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8