MN - Justine Damond, 40, fatally shot by Minneapolis LE, 15 July 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be your duty to reach out to the police. Although, I would understand NOT wanting to in light of her death. wow, this situation is horrific.

Sorry, but I disagree. It does matter and from what's been released so far nothing supports a justified feeling of threat. ZILTCH!!!

MOO

Whether or not it's actually or seemingly justified under the circumstances the officer just has to say he "felt" threatened. Then it's justified.

unless she was acting erratic...even an attractive slim blonde can act threanening if she was acting unstable, suicidal or on drugs. Someone slip her drugs?

Cops run into people who are unstable, on drugs, erratic, suicidal, etc., all the time. They are trained to deal with people in those types of situations. That doesn't justify deadly force by an officer.

Most folks in the US see the police as an ally. Don't believe all the bad press they are getting.

Glad to hear it......although from first impressions, this "bad press" seems warranted......MOO

Not Australian.....and don't even know why I am attempting to answer this.....but from what I understand (and I could be COMPLETELY off base here.....and if so, please correct me) Australia has taken a stance on immigrants and sharia law and (again from reading non-Australian news) basically said - assimilate or get out. To say that a Somolian LE officer (who grew up in the US) would know/care/take it out on Justine to me is a huge leap......MOO
\

Australia has done no such thing. We have a higher percentage of Muslim residents than most countries with no problems.

Cops run into people who are unstable, on drugs, erratic, suicidal, etc., all the time. They are trained to deal with people in those types of situations. That doesn't justify deadly force by an officer.

We teach this in Kindergarten.....use your WORDS.....

yes, I can see why you would fear making a report or coming forward after her death.

This thread is getting wacky.

I hope that more information comes out, not for my benefit...but for that of the grieving family. They absolutely have the right to now every bit of information. We might be privy to that as the public, but they deserve answers. They deserve to know NOW what that have at this juncture.

Whether or not it's actually or seemingly justified under the circumstances the officer just has to say he "felt" threatened. Then it's justified.

If officer Noor says he felt threatened wouldn't the threat need to be substantiated?

\

Australia has done no such thing. We have a higher percentage of Muslim residents than most countries with no problems.

I apologize and thank you for correcting me......it looks like there is some misperception dating back a while......Fake News anyone? :gaah: MOO

But then why would his own partner be 'stunned' that he shot her? If she was that scary/threatening, surely he would have noticed this too, and wouldn't have been 'stunned' at the actions of his partner. To me, that's one of the biggest reasons why I'm of the opinion that there's nothing justifiable about this shooting.

There is just nothing about this case that makes any sense....my husband (a retired police chief with 42 years LE experience) said this cop is going to end of charged with murder. And for your info.....most people who call the police do go out to the police car when they arrive to talk to them unless you have something like shots being fired. My heart breaks for her family.

If you call 911 about a woman screaming during an assault cops will arrive with guns drawn and often more than one car. I've witnessed it. They don't take any chances. It's scary.

If officer Noor says he felt threatened wouldn't the threat need to be substantiated?

Yes, they should be required to do that, but in today's US system, that isn't happening. They're usually given a pass, charges are often not even brought against the officers.

I can't say for sure, and this case does seem extreme, but sometimes officers kill people and are found not guilty or aren't even indicted based solely on their feelings. Like I thought he was reaching for a gun, he was armed with a spoon, I didn't know he had a pencil, there was something shiny that looked like a box cutter, etc., even though they were never in danger at all.

There are a lot of arguments he could make to explain why he felt his partner's life and/or his own life were at risk.

Maybe some aren't aware, but plenty of parents with white kids also have given "that talk" about what not to do when pulled over. As Honey West stated, the public does not know about all the bad apples. The good 'ol boy system is alive and kicking, as well as reverse racism, and the increased tendency to shoot first instead of actually analysing the situation.

Having a hearing impaired son, one with essential tremor, and another who is a big old boy in a big 'ol truck, I have given that talk multiple times. Mine call me when they are pulled over, and their phones are left on. All of them now have dash cams with audio in their vehicles- installed in such a place that films anyone coming up to the side of their vehicle,and full audio of every party.

true!
that part has me curious...sounds like the officer shot her by accident or was startled and shot her.

This shooting of this totally innocent woman is chilling, and I see no way it can ever be ruled as a justified homicide. It makes no logical sense he would start firing when she is already standing there talking with the other officer. :confused: Something is not right about how this transpired.

I haven't read the complaints yet against the officer who killed Justine, but if he was already getting complaints, and only started in 2015 it would seem like the police department would know he was already a problem. Why keep him on I wonder?

Someone said that only whites who are shot and killed by police officers get more media attention and more foot traffic on sites like WS. I respectfully disagree. The facts just do not support that assumption. Most media attention is given to blacks who are shot by police officers, imo. People of ALL races should get media attention but that rarely ever happens.

I have linked this site before because it is the most in depth current up to date factual information about all cop shootings leading to the death of the one shot. It starts in May 2013 and is current through this month. Justine is already listed on this list. :(

If one would take the time to educate themselves on the facts and go down the long list identifying the race of the person shot and read the legitimate news article assigned to each death it is obvious there are way more whites shot (men and women) than any other race each year. Up to three to four times as many as black who are also killed by cops. 99% of the whites who were shot in cities across our nation, and killed by cops, I have never even heard about on any national media nor even from online social media, like WS etc. These hundreds of cases only seem to make local news for some unexplained reason. Here is the link if anyone is really interested in knowing the facts on who all police shoots, and kills every year. http://killedbypolice.net/

I just think we are all better off when we have the facts to refer to when it comes to who is killed by cops each year. This link not only list their names, death dates, races, but also attaches a news link on how each one occurred.

Most of those killed by cops each year (no matter their race) are ruled justified and most were due to a confrontation, and a refusal to comply to simple commands. But like in all professions some men/women shouldn't have ever become a cop in the first place. Individual police departments must do a better job of weeding out those misfits that kill innocent people unjustifiably.

This is the strangest case I have seen recently about a cop killing a totally innocent person. I hope they delve very closely into his background history while he has been on the force. This killing seems so purposeful, and gives me the creeps for some reason.

JMO
First of all, I think most of us are operating on facts, here. And of course more white people are killed, because there's a much higher proportion of whites in this country. But the number of unarmed victims killed by police is much higher among POC.

I think Jordan Edwards is just as baffling as this case. I've been haunted since I read about that sweet kid. And I will be haunted by this case as well. Two completely innocent people gunned down by police. (among the hundreds of others)

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Maybe some aren't aware, but plenty of parents with white kids also have given "that talk" about what not to do when pulled over. As Honey West stated, the public does not know about all the bad apples. The good 'ol boy system is alive and kicking, as well as reverse racism, and the increased tendency to shoot first instead of actually analysing the situation.

Having a hearing impaired son, one with essential tremor, and another who is a big old boy in a big 'ol truck, I have given that talk multiple times. Mine call me when they are pulled over, and their phones are left on. All of them now have dash cams with audio in their vehicles- installed in such a place that films anyone coming up to the side of their vehicle,and full audio of every party.

While I commend you for all of your actions, I hate that this is what society has come to :fear:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur