Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had 'the talk' with my son.

He's 10.

This was after I was pulled over for speeding (42 in a 35). I got a warning.

I started having that talk with my daughter when she was four or five, basically telling her a police officer never needs her help, and if one ever asks to talk to her she shouldn't say anything until she calls me or a lawyer. I know four is young, but like with many things I started telling her early so it would sink in and stay stuck. (We started talking about drinking and driving when she was around 10. I might be weird but I always thought if she really, really knew it meant she knew.)

http://m.startribune.com/australian...shot-by-minneapolis-police-officer/434782213/

Justine Damond fatally shot through door of Minneapolis police car, sources say

Three sources with knowledge of the incident said Sunday that two officers in one squad car, responding to the 911 call, pulled into the alley. Damond, in her pajamas, went to the driver’s side door and was talking to the driver. The officer in the passenger seat pulled his gun and shot Damond through the driver’s side door, sources said. No weapon was found at the scene.

It appears she was shot though the door not the open window.

This is how I feel too in this day and age. IMO, when they arrived Noor had his gun drawn, why the safety was off I don't know, :(

While I have no idea why he had the weapon out, nor why he shot the poor woman, nor why he fired across his partner's body, I do know why the safety was off:

Almost all pistols issued to police no longer have a traditional safety. Rather, the safety is either the fact that the pistol is "double action" and therefore needs a long trigger pull, or the safety is a mechanism on the trigger itself that disengages while the trigger is being pulled (Glock pistols and others).

http://m.startribune.com/australian...shot-by-minneapolis-police-officer/434782213/

Justine Damond fatally shot through door of Minneapolis police car, sources say

Three sources with knowledge of the incident said Sunday that two officers in one squad car, responding to the 911 call, pulled into the alley. Damond, in her pajamas, went to the driver’s side door and was talking to the driver. The officer in the passenger seat pulled his gun and shot Damond through the driver’s side door, sources said. No weapon was found at the scene.

It appears she was shot though the door not the open window.

I think it's the way it is worded.....I have seen several MSM articles that say she was shot through the window......

ETA - who really know's what is right? depending on how tall she was, a fatal shot to the abdomen could suggest it WAS through the door.....this whole thing is a serious WTF.....

I wonder if he had gun out expecting to find the screaming woman & who ever else and then being appouced by Jessica was holstering the gun and accidently fired.

Trying to make sense of what doesn't make sense.

I wonder if he had gun out expecting to find the screaming woman & who ever else and then being appouced by Jessica was holstering the gun and accidently fired.

Trying to make sense of what doesn't make sense.

I am not famililar with the word appounced, but I get what you mean.....

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...lians-last-moments-heard-over-us-police-radio

“Shots fired ... we have one down,” one of the officers says

"Damond, dressed in her pyjamas, reportedly approached the driver’s side window of the police car when it arrived in the alley and an officer shot across his partner at Damond more than once from the passenger seat."

I hate to sound like a broken record, but how does one accidently shoot someone multiple times? MOO

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4708018/Cop-shot-bride-broke-bodycam-rules.html

"He now faces severe punishment, even if exonerated over the shooting, and could lose his job for not following the guidelines.
The 31-year-old officer knew he was compelled to switch on his body camera and record his interactions when answering a 911 call to reports of a sexual assault. "

"No information has been given as to why officer Noor opened fire and why he did not turn his camera on, but DailyMail.com can disclose that he will not be able to claim his equipment was out of battery power.
If that was the case, he would have been required to remove himself from his shift so his bodycam could be re-charged."

BBM

It doesn't matter what could have possibly happened. All Noor has to do is say that he felt threaten for his life. If he says he felt threatened all is good. Justifiable use of force. Thats how it has been going down the last few years for those of us paying attention.

No, that won't work in this case. That works when officers are in gang territory and they are confronted by someone who may resemble a gang member and thus may have a gun in their waistband, and an open warrant etc...

Juries tend to believe officers when they have valid reasons they would feel threatened. But in this case, no way...

It doesn't mattter. If he says he felt threatened, he is justified in using deadly force to eliminate the threat. He could say she looked like a demon possessed( exactly what Darren Wilson said about Mike Brown) and no indictment... justifiable use of force. That is the power you give LEO in the USofA

Better make sure you hire good people to fill those positions of authority.

That's not the same standard we apply to civilians who kill others. They have to defend their claims of self defense. The same standard should apply to those in law enforcement. If they claim self defense, they should offer some proof or compelling evidence they had reason to be fearful.

The day we start applying more lenient standards for accountability to law enforcement as we do to innocent citizens is the day we skew the balance of power in a democratic society.

No, that won't work in this case. That works when officers are in gang territory and they are confronted by someone who may resemble a gang member and thus may have a gun in their waistband, and an open warrant etc...

Juries tend to believe officers when they have valid reasons they would feel threatened. But in this case, no way...

I think that he will say that he thought her phone could have been a gun.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...lians-last-moments-heard-over-us-police-radio

"Damond, dressed in her pyjamas, reportedly approached the driver’s side window of the police car when it arrived in the alley and an officer shot across his partner at Damond more than once from the passenger seat."

I hate to sound like a broken record, but how does one accidently shoot someone multiple times? MOO

One doesn't unless they can offer extraordinary proof that they couldn't control their weapon. In that case they should lose their job.

Whether or not it's actually or seemingly justified under the circumstances the officer just has to say he "felt" threatened. Then it's justified.

No, the officer has to set forth reasons that he felt threatened. And in this case, so far, there is no evidence to justify any feelings of being threatened.

Appoached* 😎

I think that he will say that he thought her phone could have been a gun.

But there has to be more than just something in someones hand.

In other cases where cops mistook a cell for a gun, they were trying to detain or arrest a fleeing suspect, who would turn towards them, holding a metallic object...in a case like that, it is more understandable.

But this woman was not a fleeing suspect, was not an adversary, etc.

While I have no idea why he had the weapon out, nor why he shot the poor woman, nor why he fired across his partner's body, I do know why the safety was off:

Almost all pistols issued to police no longer have a traditional safety. Rather, the safety is either the fact that the pistol is "double action" and therefore needs a long trigger pull, or the safety is a mechanism on the trigger itself that disengages while the trigger is being pulled (Glock pistols and others).
Thank you, Cryptic. LOL, as you've probably figured out, I have never owned or handled a gun. I only know about guns from movies. And teaching my children, "If you see a gun, run, run, RUN!" when they were little.

I started having that talk with my daughter when she was four or five, basically telling her a police officer never needs her help, and if one ever asks to talk to her she shouldn't say anything until she calls me or a lawyer. I know four is young, but like with many things I started telling her early so it would sink in and stay stuck. (We started talking about drinking and driving when she was around 10. I might be weird but I always thought if she really, really knew it meant she knew.)
Sorry, OT but true story. I did the same with my children and when queried by my husband, my oldest yelled "Don't drink and drive! You pull over, drink your juice and then drive."

It is not clear if Justine startled the officers as she approached the driver's side door, but sources say the officer in the passenger seat fired his weapon across his partner, killing the spiritual counselor and yoga instructor. She was not armed.

http://www.fox9.com/news/268608897-story

It is not clear if Justine startled the officers as she approached the driver's side door, but sources say the officer in the passenger seat fired his weapon across his partner, killing the spiritual counselor and yoga instructor. She was not armed.

http://www.fox9.com/news/268608897-story

I really hope that this is not going there. Average citizen was startled, average citizen spends life without parole behind bars..
I was startled by a huge spider the other day. I rapidly pulled away from the table it landed on. I didn't shoot it

It doesn't mattter. If he says he felt threatened, he is justified in using deadly force to eliminate the threat. He could say she looked like a demon possessed( exactly what Darren Wilson said about Mike Brown) and no indictment... justifiable use of force. That is the power you give LEO in the USofA

Better make sure you hire good people to fill those positions of authority.
SABBM

Esp. that bolded bit.

Without knowing more about this tragic case; I'm thinking this Noor would be better working in a non-excitable environment like a factory welder or electrician !

This person should probably quit and find employment better suited to his personality.
If she was standing there, talking to a cop ---that is generally standard procedure after calling in a 911 for an assault--- you speak to the police and let them know what you heard, saw, etc.

There are people working in various occupations from law enforcement to day care institutions who SHOULD NOT be working in those fields !

My adult child has an acquaintance whose mother works in a day care ; and I've never met such a cold, bitter person. She gives people the creeps. And yet the day care she works for continues to employ her --despite numerous complaints.
The things she said at a friend's child's wedding last summer, about what she thinks of children. My god.

If you cannot or are incapable of doing your job correctly-- find work elsewhere. It's not that difficult.
Noor needs to resign and get a job somewhere else-- possibly janitorial or factory work -- where he wouldn't be armed, and would possibly be able to work alone. No interaction with others.
:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member