MN - Justine Damond, 40, fatally shot by Minneapolis LE, 15 July 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, there are only 2 reasons to hint and prod at immigration status.

1. To insinuate she deserved it.
2. To insinuate he is innocent or deserves a lesser punishment for killing an immigrant vs. a citizen.

Both arguments are stinky piles of horse poo and completely arbitrary.

JMO and all that.

honestly who cares about her citizenship? I hope the Australian government goes after the MPD too.
Asking for a source, that's all.
Curious as to what recourse the Australian government has?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

For those that consider CNN reports worthy of consideration: "Ruszczyk had lived in the United States since April 2014, said someone who knew her. She had dual citizenship in the United States and in Australia because her father holds US citizenship, the source said."
I've heard her dad speak. He doesn't sound quite Australian. I'd believe it.

I'm sorry, what? Are you being sarcastic? An expired visa, which we don't even know was the case, is not a crime which carries an immediate death sentence.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

Sarcastic I'm sure. There is NO reason for Justine to have been shot.

IMO, there are only 2 reasons to hint and prod at immigration status.

1. To insinuate she deserved it.
2. To insinuate he is innocent or deserves a lesser punishment for killing an immigrant vs. a citizen.

Both arguments are stinky piles of horse poo and completely arbitrary.

JMO and all that.
I don't agree. We can be curious, can't we?

I don't agree. We can be curious, can't we?

Of course. I see curious as wondering and asking. Not going back to it constantly, like it's something that matters. But again, it's JMO.

well if Mr Bennett is not a good source I give up. This has been reported by at least 3 sources...I have no reason to doubt it.

I was agreeing with you.....and providing a link for the person who asked.....

I like that she has dual citizenship...two governments going after Noor and MPD>you know Random..i see you are a pharmacist...maybe you commented before but do you have an opinion based on side effects what the defense would be going for with testing for the ambien?

I don't understand how Noor can not cooperate. Kind of a rhetorical question. I mean, someone is dead due to your actions (leaving accident or anything else out of it for the time being), and you just ...."decide" you're not going to talk? Just thinking out loud.

I like that she has dual citizenship...two governments going after Noor and MPD>you know Random..i see you are a pharmacist...maybe you commented before but do you have an opinion based on side effects what the defense would be going for with testing for the ambien?

Zolpidem (marketed in the US as Ambien, in Canada as Sublinox) is hypnotic agent prescribed for insomnia. This is the "black box warning" from the monograph for Sublinox...

Complex sleep-related behaviours
There have been reports of people getting out of bed while not fully awake after taking SUBLINOX and doing activities that they did not know they were doing. The next morning, they did not remember doing those activities. This unusual behaviour is more likely to occur when SUBLINOX is taken with alcohol or other drugs that can make you sleepy such as those for the treatment of depression or anxiety. The activities you may do in these situations can put you and people around you in danger. Reported activities included driving a car ("sleep-driving"), leaving the house, making and eating food, talking on the phone, etc"

If you killed someone and police arrived and you are standing there with smoking gun per constitution you do not have to talk. Same for this guy...I don't like it but most defense attorneys would give him exactly those same instructions...anything they say will be used against him...what I find odd is his family saying it was a mistake...are they just hoping or is his talking to them? Again this is just from local news reports of reporters at the home. I am afraid we have a long wait for any answers here .

Zolpidem (marketed in the US as Ambien, in Canada as Sublinox) is hypnotic agent prescribed for insomnia. This is the "black box warning" from the monopgraph for Sublinox...

There have been reports of people getting out of bed while not fully awake after taking SUBLINOX and doing activities that they did not know they were doing. The next morning, the did not remember doing those activities. This unusual behaviour is more likely to occur when SUBLINOX is taken with alcohol or other drugs that can make you sleepy such as those for the treatment of depression or anxiety. The activities you may do in these situations can put you and people around you in danger. Reported activities included driving a car ("sleep-driving"), leaving the house, making and eating food, talking on the phone, etc"

quoting myself, but didn't want to confuse my opinion with the actual monograph.....post marketing there have been several reports of people doing odd things after taking zolpidem.....IF she had some in her system, I can see the defense try and claim that she was acting erratically.....I'm sure they could find an "expert" who would testify to the fact that this odd behaviour can happen. Truly, at this point, we have no idea if she was taking zolpidem or not.....I think it is the defense taking a shot in the dark....MOO

Zolpidem (marketed in the US as Ambien, in Canada as Sublinox) is hypnotic agent prescribed for insomnia. This is the "black box warning" from the monopgraph for Sublinox...

There have been reports of people getting out of bed while not fully awake after taking SUBLINOX and doing activities that they did not know they were doing. The next morning, the did not remember doing those activities. This unusual behaviour is more likely to occur when SUBLINOX is taken with alcohol or other drugs that can make you sleepy such as those for the treatment of depression or anxiety. The activities you may do in these situations can put you and people around you in danger. Reported activities included driving a car ("sleep-driving"), leaving the house, making and eating food, talking on the phone, etc"

Thanks Random...I have taken it and use great caution as have had some interesting experiences! However none of these behaviors could be a threat to patrol cops....hope they don't find any so that red herring is off the table. Frankly it is insulting.

of I guess it is possible they found a bottle at home?

I don't understand how Noor can not cooperate. Kind of a rhetorical question. I mean, someone is dead due to your actions (leaving accident or anything else out of it for the time being), and you just ...."decide" you're not going to talk? Just thinking out loud.

He has a constitutional right to remain silent, the same as any other person facing criminal charges. But if he is going to claim he felt threatened, etc, he will have to affirmatively state it at some point and at trial. Otherwise he is just a guy who shot an unarmed and innocent person. At some point, he may issue a written statement. We will see.

quoting myself, but didn't want to confuse my opinion with the actual monograph.....post marketing there have been several reports of people doing odd things after taking zolpidem.....IF she had some in her system, I can see the defense try and claim that she was acting erratically.....I'm sure they could find an "expert" who would testify to the fact that this odd behaviour can happen. Truly, at this point, we have no idea if she was taking zolpidem or not.....I think it is the defense taking a shot in the dark....MOO

Idk about MN but I'm following a case in TX in which they are awaiting toxicology results and word is it could makeup to 3 months. The defense may also be buying time along with taking a long shot regarding reactions to said drug. MO, Honestly I don't think, seeing the info on her profession and other activities, I doubt she would need sleep aides. JMO.
In the whole scheme of this I fail to see what real difference that would make in this case. Defense is throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. JMO.

Idk about MN but I'm following a case in TX in which they are awaiting toxicology results and word is it could makeup to 3 months. The defense may also be buying time along with taking a long shot regarding reactions to said drug. MO, Honestly I don't think, seeing the info on her profession and other activities, I doubt she would need sleep aides. JMO.
In the whole scheme of this I fail to see what real difference that would make in this case. Defense is throwing everything at the wall to see what sticks. JMO.

Shadetree I got in trouble here for suggesting that from what I read about her and her work at the Spiritual Center and her years of promoting everything natural..not a big candidate for sleep aid but do I know that for a fact...nope probably only her finance knows whether that is possible.,..just speculation. Also regarding tox results...yes they can take a very long time however with the international pressure on this one it will be back faster than most....what that is I don't know.

Victim possibly taking ambien is a defense? Even if she took ambien (which we don't know at this time), how would it justify her being killed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exam_Dumps