MN - Justine Damond, 40, fatally shot by Minneapolis LE, 15 July 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So. Body cams were deactivated. Lights were off while driving down a dark alley. Was "startled" by a loud noise indicating they were already on edge (why?).

Something is super fishy y'all.

I completely agree! If you're going down a dark alley looking for a criminal and a victim, seems like you'd have the lights and the spotlight on, in addition to the car and body camera. You might would have to get out and chase someone at any time.
But I also wonder why the woman would have come out into the alley, in her pj's, to speak to the cops? If I had a crime happening in my front yard and called 911, I wouldn't go out, they'd have to come to my door if they needed to speak to me.
I don't want to think the cops were doing some thing they weren't supposed to be doing, but I'm with Tawny, something is fishy.
And as for her coming out, I know that some people are just more aggressively, involved, want to get to the bottom of it types. To think someone was being sexually assaulted, I'm assuming she heard a woman screaming or something.
It seems like everything that could have went wrong, went wrong, that night.
I sorry she was killed and I'm sorry the cop killed her.
But I would have to hear a better explanation to understand him. JMO

I completely agree! If you're going down a dark alley looking for a criminal and a victim, seems like you'd have the lights and the spotlight on, in addition to the car and body camera. You might would have to get out and chase someone at any time.
But I also wonder why the woman would have come out into the alley, in her pj's, to speak to the cops? If I had a crime happening in my front yard and called 911, I wouldn't go out, they'd have to come to my door if they needed to speak to me.
I don't want to think the cops were doing some thing they weren't supposed to be doing, but I'm with Tawny, something is fishy.
And as for her coming out, I know that some people are just more aggressively, involved, want to get to the bottom of it types. To think someone was being sexually assaulted, I'm assuming she heard a woman screaming or something.
It seems like everything that could have went wrong, went wrong, that night.
I sorry she was killed and I'm sorry the cop killed her.
But I would have to hear a better explanation to understand him. JMO

And if she was the rape victim? They knew there was the possibility someone was being assaulted and needing help. He's so jumpy about it, he shoots someone coming toward them...knowing someone could be in serious need of law enforcement. She could have easily BEEN the one in need.

Something is fishy, but IMO not from the victim.

And if she was the rape victim? They knew there was the possibility someone was being assaulted and needing help. He's so jumpy about it, he shoots someone coming toward them...knowing someone could be in serious need of law enforcement. She could have easily BEEN the one in need.

Something is fishy, but IMO not from the victim.
Right! they should have been expecting- we may find the victim here.
I'd like to hear the full story from the other officer, and the shooters story. It's just so hard to understand.

Well not much to stay here...in fact I am concerned this story will go very quiet...per Bennett the family attorney for Justine "For now, the investigation continues without Noor's cooperation. Bennett says he thinks this investigation could move quickly and there could be a decision to charge or not within 60 days." Just a waiting game. Clearly Chief Harteau yesterday struck a very different tone on this case...she and the police are really distancing themselves from what she calls "just one officer" and in NO WAY even implying there is any adequate reason for the shooting...I am sure that statement is coming from a bit more than she can say in public. Quite the photo last night as Don Damond stands with Philando's mother...I for one fit the profile of exactly what the Mayor indicated...many people are too afraid to call 911...I hope to not be put in a situation that I have to because not sure I would at this point. So sad that Don Damond is the one that encouraged Justine to call 911...imagine how he feels even thought normally that is good advice.

Wow...and this is straight from law enforcement ...a tox screen has been requested to see if "ambien" was in Justine's system...they could be considering using that as a defense. I get that for some people that drug can have some strange effects but still why would it justify murder? And honestly with the profile of Justine she does not seem like someone that would take sleep aids.
Ya know....I can see where you are coming from. In my mind's eye I can picture her not needing a sleep aid. Yes, I know that's a pretty big assumption on my part. But, it's seriously I don't think it was an inappropriate comment. She was described as someone who was well balanced. I would possibly think she may have been someone who could meditate. Yes, doesn't really mean it's an obvious conclusion that she wouldn't need Ambien but it also crossed my mind. Turaj, I've appreciated your insights and hope you continue!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Screw that.. She's not on trial or done anything wrong.. Check him for drugs and signs of hating women via social media acquaintances etc
Totally agree!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Attorney for family of woman killed by police calls for justice

http://abcnews.go.com/US/attorney-f...killed-police-calls-justice/story?id=48762710

"Harrity's attorney, Fred Bruno, told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that it was "certainly reasonable" for the police officers to assume they could be the target of an ambush.

Bennett said that the idea that Justine Damond could have been thought of as a threat is "patently, utterly, ridiculous."

"If that’s the excuse they want to use to shoot people, I guess they can use any excuse they want, we’re all in danger," the attorney said."

This thread could use a second one. Bit overcrowded here in #1.

I hadn't heard that Don Damond had encouraged Justine to call 911!!! I bet he does feel some guilt, how could you not! Where did you hear that turaj?

I hadn't heard that Don Damond had encouraged Justine to call 911!!! I bet he does feel some guilt, how could you not! Where did you hear that turaj?

I read that too.....can't recall which paper.....let me see if I can find it....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-...ws-distressed-woman-screamed-for-help/8726008

"Mr Bennett said Ms Damond called her fiance, Don Damond, who was away, twice after hearing the noises behind her house.

"He recommended that she call 911," Mr Bennett said."

Well no wonder the cop shot her.
I'm sorry, what? Are you being sarcastic? An expired visa, which we don't even know was the case, is not a crime which carries an immediate death sentence.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

I read that too.....can't recall which paper.....let me see if I can find it....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-...ws-distressed-woman-screamed-for-help/8726008

"Mr Bennett said Ms Damond called her fiance, Don Damond, who was away, twice after hearing the noises behind her house.

"He recommended that she call 911," Mr Bennett said."

well if Mr Bennett is not a good source I give up. This has been reported by at least 3 sources...I have no reason to doubt it.

For those that consider CNN reports worthy of consideration: "Ruszczyk had lived in the United States since April 2014, said someone who knew her. She had dual citizenship in the United States and in Australia because her father holds US citizenship, the source said."

I'm sorry, what? Are you being sarcastic? An expired visa, which we don't even know was the case, is not a crime which carries an immediate death sentence.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

Definitely sarcasm...imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members