MN MN - St Paul, GRAPHIC, WhtMale 20-40, UP12123, frozen in vacant bldg, layers of clothing, Feb'85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NamUs added Carlk90245 reconstruction to their profile for Minnesota Mountain Man. CarlK, did you speak with ME?

I have heard from Dr. D. from Harris County and she does not think Mark Weisman has the same bone structure as UID.

NamUs added Carlk90245 reconstruction to their profile for Minnesota Mountain Man. CarlK, did you speak with ME?

I have heard from Dr. D. from Harris County and she does not think Mark Weisman has the same bone structure as UID.

I showed it to Janet Franson, and she put it up after getting the OK from Butch Huston (i.e., the ME in Ramsey County)

Attachments

• FUNERAL.jpg
    FUNERAL.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 206
Houston Mom - so those men you submitted didn't pan out? This IS really odd. Wish they could find out who he was and why no one is looking for him.

Houston Mom - so those men you submitted didn't pan out? This IS really odd. Wish they could find out who he was and why no one is looking for him.

Actually Mark is still being considered. Maybe they will need to exhume Minnesota Mountain Man and get a DNA profile?

I'm not trying to be dumb but why is he called Mountain Man? Because of the beard? Or do they think he came from a mountainous area of the country for some reason. Sorry if I missed something. Just we have nothing near a mountain in this area lol. I don't know what styles were like in the 80s, but growing a beard in the winter is fairly common here (all year round now with all the hipsters lol). I think he does look A LOT like Mark Clarke though, and to be honest I don't often see the similarities others do when they post matches for other cases (this is the first time I've heard of this one). I'd love to get an answer on that one. I'd also really love to know what happened to this guy, we don't have many UIDs here. It kind of reminds me of the Mall of American UID who ended up being from St. Paul, when I was sure he was from out of state and had just come here to die based on proximity and ease of transportation from the airport to the MOA.

The link to that organization is interesting and based on the duffel bag with the clothing her definitely seems to have been traveling. I guess he could have been a transient though he sounds like he was in good shape for that so if he was it was probably new. The layers of clothing mean nothing to me as that's how I'd be dressed in February because it's freakin cold here that time of year. I never go to St. Paul but I was just near that intersection last week. I wonder if it's still the James J. Hill building or if it's been torn down. They've done a ton of construction and redevelopment in Lowertown and a lot of downtown St. Paul for that matter in the last decade or so.

Namus update: DNA submitted not complete

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

NamUs is now providing list of clothing.

Green pull over shirt, red scarf, brown gloves, orange stocking cap, camo jacket, white parka, sweater, blue jeans. Brown hiking boots.

In duffle bag:1 pair grey running shoes, 4 pair pants, blue jeans, 1 brown jacket, 1 white jersey, 1 white shirt, 1 brown flannel shirt, several unmatched socks, maroon stocking cap, multiple sweaters

I think it's just because he looks athletic and outdoorsy. Full beards were unusual in 1985.

Truthfully, I wish they'd become unusual again..

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
We are from the area and I know my hubby had a full beard then. He does every winter. He's a truck driver and says it helps a bit to stay warm. It's possible this guy did the same thing. If transient he just never shaved maybe?

We are from the area and I know my hubby had a full beard then. He does every winter. He's a truck driver and says it helps a bit to stay warm. It's possible this guy did the same thing. If transient he just never shaved maybe?

It sounds like your husband qualifies as a rugged outdoors type :)

But yes, I agree he might well have grown the beard because it's hard to shave when you're traveling, or because it's warmer in winter, or any of a number of reasons. Maybe he thought it disguised his somewhat weak chin.

One of the frustrating things about trying to identify these lost souls is having make a guess, try it out, and then try something else. There's so little real information.

Hair and build seems to fit, I think I see narrow nose and brow arch but could be wishful thinking. MN is a long way from CO or CA but seems he traveled around. Missing had scar on his knee which is a discrepancy.

Mitchell Hein.

I don't know in the missing guy I see Nacho and in the UID I see the guy who was married to Heidi from the Hills.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find this missing veteran, Daniel Muttscheller:
but height is off.

Leonard Price:
Has the same type of hair.

I find this missing veteran, Daniel Muttscheller:
but height is off.

Leonard Price:
Has the same type of hair.
I think out of the two, Leonard looks like the UID.

How was he frozen?

He was located in an abandoned building in the MN winter. I'm from AR, so winter is usually 30,20 degrees for me. I moved to Nebraska one year and let me tell you.... I was soo not ready for that. Minnesota is even further north, I couldn't even imagine being out in that weather.

Northern Mid-west winters can be brutal, even more so than ours in Northern New England.

Rule Outs listed on NamUs are:
Craig Alexander
David Thomson
Andrew Viater

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members