MN MN - St Paul, GRAPHIC, WhtMale 20-40, UP12123, frozen in vacant bldg, layers of clothing, Feb'85

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
THe Coroner from Ramsey Stated in this article he died of an over dose and was found frozen in the warehouse. He also had a duffle baf with 4 pairs pants, jeans, running shoes, shirts, So he must have been traveling.

[FONT=&amp]'It’s rare for the medical examiner’s office to be unable to identify a body, but it happens. In February 1985, a man with no identification was found dead in an abandoned Lowertown warehouse".[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"The man had overdosed on phenobarbital, and his body was frozen in the building. He could have been a vagrant, but he didn’t seem to fit the bill — he was in his 20s or 30s and in good shape; wore nice, clean clothes; and had a neat appearance and good dental care".

http://www.twincities.com/2013/01/0...s-retiring-investigator-known-for-compassion/

He was a regular guy, probably accidentally overdosed.[/FONT]
Is phenobarb taken recreationally? Or was this a likely suicide?

I'm not familiar with this JD case, but I did happen to come by a young man who went missing from my part of the world, the Tampa Bay area in 1981 that (to me) looks a lot like the deceased.
David Rees,19
Missing since Nov. 30, 1981
Auburndale, FL
5'10" 150 lbs
Red hair, blue eyes
Namus: MP5652
Have you seen this child?
?125280-FL-David-Rees-19-amp-Gregory-Mitchell-16-Polk-County-16-Nov-1981/page2

What do you think?

Submit him Coffee don't blow over any possibility, the one you don't send in could be the match just in case it is not Mark Clarke.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like this one too. Good find Coffee. He's been easy to skip by until the side by side. I think they look very similiar. Hair, face shape, and the nose. That's about as close as I've seen. What a handsome young man. Fingers crossed he'll go home.

I really like this one too. Good find Coffee. He's been easy to skip by until the side by side. I think they look very similiar. Hair, face shape, and the nose. That's about as close as I've seen. What a handsome young man. Fingers crossed he'll go home.

Thanks Coffee!
A quick update: Talked to a gentleman at the ME and he stated that he will find out where possible matches can be submitted, now that the BCA (Bureau of Crime Apprehension) in MN is involved in the UID cold cases.

Thanks Coffee!
A quick update: Talked to a gentleman at the ME and he stated that he will find out where possible matches can be submitted, now that the BCA (Bureau of Crime Apprehension) in MN is involved in the UID cold cases.

UPDATE: Ramsey County ME Office, Butch Hudson is the official contact.

I received a reply from him earlier today, that said DNA had been run through the system and there was no match between David Rees and this UID.
I really appreciate his quick response!

Did others report some of the other suggestions that were also good? Rule outs to date:

Alexander Craig
Mark Clarke
Mitchell Hein
David Thomson
Andrew Viater
David Rees

I received a reply from him earlier today, that said DNA had been run through the system and there was no match between David Rees and this UID.
Butch is a great resource! I've touched base with him on a couple cases and appreciate his patience when I ask a lot of questions.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Did others report some of the other suggestions that were also good? Rule outs to date:

Alexander Craig
Mark Clarke
Mitchell Hein
David Thomson
Andrew Viater
David Rees

Updated Namus link Unidentified Person Case

No new ruleouts, but apparently the first ruleout is Craig Alexander, not the other way around.

Also, David Rees is no longer showing on the list. Was he ruled out somewhere else besides Namus?

Does anyone happen to know if his DNA profile completed?

Does anyone happen to know if his DNA profile completed?

Based on this information from earlier, I'd say it has been:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back