GUILTY MO - 4 family members gunned down in St. Charles home, 29 Dec 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for checking this out for me! Much appreciated @oviedo !
bonjourr.gif

@oviedo - just wondering if there might be an update on the court site?

TIA!
byegant.gif

@oviedo - was just wondering if there might be a "next" court date? Last one was on 6/17/20.

TIA! :)

@oviedo - was just wondering if there might be a "next" court date? Last one was on 6/17/20.

07/22/2020 Order
COMES NOW THIS COURT AND AFTER AN EVIDENTIARY HEARING ON DEFENDANT'S MOTIONS MAKES THE FOLLOWING FINDINGS. AS PER MEMORANDUM. MJF
Filed By: MICHAEL JAMES FAGRAS

Case.net: - Docket Entries

Trial set - February 8, 2021 by Jury.
@Niner

Thanks @oviedo - hmmm.... only the jury trial. I'll get back to you in about 2 weeks to see if there will be a hearing date before this trial date - if that is ok with you! :)

It's been about 2 weeks @oviedo - any hearings before the trial date?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

Bumping up for @oviedo - anything new on the court site? TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-002.gif

@oviedo - just going thru some oldies & wondering if there might be an update for this case yet?

@oviedo - are you here? Are there any court hearings before the trial in Feb., 2021?

Case.net: - Docket Entries
10/15/2020 Order
CAUSE CALLED ON STATES MOTION TO COMPEL DISCLOSURE. STATE APPEARS BY AND THROUGH PHILP W. GROENWEGHE AND LARRY CHRUM. DEFENDANT APPEARS IN PERSON AND THROUGH DEFENSE COUNSEL CHARLES HOSKINS AND SRIKANT CHIGURUPATI. IN ADDITION, DEFENSE SHALL DISCLOSE ALL MITIGATION WITNESSES ON OR BEFORE 11-20-20. SO ORDERE MJF
Order
UPON RETURN TO THE JAIL, DEFENDANT SHALL RECEIVE HIS MEDICATIONS AND LUNCH TRAY THAT WERE DUE WHILE HE WAS IN COURT. SO ORDERED MJF
Associated Entries: 10/07/2020 - Motion Hearing Scheduled
Scheduled For:
10/15/2020; 8:30 AM ; MICHAEL JAMES FAGRAS; St Charles Circuit Div

10/09/2020 Notice to Take Deposition
Third Notice of Deposition; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: CHARLES DAVID HOSKINS
On Behalf Of: RICHARD DARREN EMERY
Certificate of Service
additional discovery; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: PHILIP W GROENWEGHE

10/07/2020 Motion Hearing Scheduled
Associated Entries: 10/15/2020 - Order
tree-collapse_button.jpg

Scheduled For: 10/15/2020; 8:30 AM ; MICHAEL JAMES FAGRAS; St Charles Circuit Div
Order
CAUSE CONTINUED FOR MOTION HEARINGS TO 10-15-20 AT 8:30 A.M. SO ORDERED MJF
Associated Entries: 09/23/2020 - Motion Hearing Scheduled
Scheduled For:
10/09/2020; 8:30 AM ; MICHAEL JAMES FAGRAS; St Charles Circuit Div
Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Scheduled For: 10/08/2020; 8:30 AM ; MICHAEL JAMES FAGRAS; St Charles Circuit Div

10/05/2020 Motion to Compel
motion to compel discovery; NOTICE OF HEARING FOR 10/15/20 AT 8:30 AM--COURT DATE IS NOT VALID; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service. /SEE
Filed By: PHILIP W GROENWEGHE
Motion to Sever Charges
Defendants Motion to Sever Counts 9-15 Pursuant to 565004 RSMo; NOTICE OF HEARING FOR 10/15/20 AT 9:00 AM--COURT DATE IS NOT VALID; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service. /SEE
Filed By: SRIKANT BABU CHIGURUPATI

10/01/2020 Notice to Take Deposition
Notice to Depose; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: CHARLES DAVID HOSKINS

09/23/2020 Motion Hearing Scheduled
Associated Entries: 10/07/2020 - Order
tree-collapse_button.jpg

Scheduled For: 10/09/2020; 8:30 AM ; MICHAEL JAMES FAGRAS; St Charles Circuit Div
Motion Hearing Scheduled
Associated Entries: 10/07/2020 - Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Scheduled For:
1811-CR04421-01 - ST V RICHARD D EMERY (E-CASE)
@Niner

Oops - missed the hearing on 10/15.... I shall go ahead & put him there in my notes.
Thank you @oviedo for the info! :)

I'm going to go ahead and post this - just to keep the thread correct & I can shorten it up a bit too. :)

Thursday, October 15th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 8:30am CT) - MO – Jane M. Moeckel (61), Zoe J. Kasten (8), Jonathan D. Kasten (10) & Kate Kasten (39) (mom of kids) (Dec. 28, 2018, St. Charles; shot) - *Richard Darren Emery (46) (BF of mom) charged (12/29/18) & indicted (4/12/19) with 4 counts of 1st degree murder, 7 counts of felony armed criminal action, 3 counts of 1st degree assault (attempt-serious physical injury/special victim) & 1 count of 1st degree attempted robbery. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial set to begin 2/8/21.
Court information from 12/31/18 thru 10/29/19 reference post #103 here:
MO - 4 family members gunned down in St. Charles home, 29 Dec 2018

11/13/19 Update: Trial for 10/5/20 has been vacated. Trial now set for 2/8/21. Next motions hearing on 12/16. 12/12/19: Motion filed for Proposed Access Order Permitting Expert Witness Access to Defendant; 12/13/20: Motion granted for expert witness access to defendant. 1/13/20: Order to permit expert witness access to defendant.
5/19/20: Motion hearing. Request for an order & judgment allowing personal appearance of individuals in the courtroom for hearing on transfer of venue of a capital case-granted. Remainder of defendant's motions currently filed will be heard on 6/17/20. 6/11/20: After review of Plaintiff & defendant's motions & hearing arguments on the record, the Court denies defendant's motion for transfer/change of venue.
10/1/20: Notice to Take Deposition. Notice to Depose filed by: Charles Hoskins on behalf of Richard Emery. Motion to Sever Charges. Defendant's Motion to Sever Counts 9-15 Pursuant to 565004 RSMO; Notice of hearing on 10/15/20. 10/5/20: Motion to Compel: motion to compel discovery filed by Prosecutor Philip W. Groenwghe. 10/9/20: Notice to Take Deposition: Third Notice of Deposition filed by Charles Hoskins on behalf of Richard Emery.
10/15/20: Order: Cause called on State's motion to compel disclosure. State appear by & thru Philip Groenweghe & Larry Chrum. Defendant appears in person & thru defense counsel Charles Hoskins & Srikant Chicgurupati. In addition, defense shall disclose all mitigation witnesses on or before 11/20/20. So order by Judge Michael Fagras. Also Ordered: Upon return to jail, defendant shall receive his meds & lunch tray that were due while he was in court.

@oviedo - just wondering if there might be a next court hearing?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-007.gif

@oviedo - just wondering if there might be a next court hearing?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-007.gif

courts_title.jpg

1811-CR04421-01 - ST V RICHARD D EMERY (E-CASE)
footer_rule.gif

This information is provided as a service and is not considered an official court record.
Sort Date Entries: Descending Ascending Display Options:

10/21/2020 Order
PROPOSED ORDER TO PERMIT EXPERT WITNESS ACCESS TO THE DEFENDANT WHO IS CONFINED GRANTED. SO ORDERED MJF
Associated Entries: 10/19/2020 - Proposed Order Filed
tree-collapse_button.jpg

10/19/2020 Proposed Order Filed
Proposed Order for Dr Michael Gelbort to see Richard Emery; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
——-
@Niner

Thanks @oviedo - I'll check back in about a week to see if their might be a court date!

Sorry to bother you again @oviedo - not really a week... but wondering if there might be a court date yet?

TIA!
animated-smileys-computer-14.gif

Sorry to bother you again @oviedo - not really a week... but wondering if there might be a court date yet?

TIA!
animated-smileys-computer-14.gif
10/23/2020 Proposed Order Filed
Proposed order to allow expert to see defendant; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.

10/21/2020 Order
PROPOSED ORDER TO PERMIT EXPERT WITNESS ACCESS TO THE DEFENDANT WHO IS CONFINED GRANTED. SO ORDERED MJF

Associated Entries: 10/19/2020 - Proposed Order Filed
tree-collapse_button.jpg

just the proposed order

Me again @oviedo - going thru my list - and just wondering IF there might be an update yet....

TIA!
citrouille14.gif

Me again @oviedo - going thru my list - and just wondering IF there might be an update yet....

TIA!
citrouille14.gif
10/29/2020 Certificate of Service
Additional Discovery Letter; Electronic Filing Certificate of Service.
Filed By: LAWRENCE J CHRUM
Just this ! @Niner

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro