GUILTY MO - 4 family members gunned down in St. Charles home, 29 Dec 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Now, as it stands, the murderer is the only one who knows what the reason was for the slaughter of a Grandmother, Mother, a daughter and a son. I, for one, will find it hard to believe, whatever he offers up for an excuse. One thing he would never, ever want exposed is if he were molesting one of the children and the Mother found out. THAT is something he would never want exposed. I have no idea why he murdered this beautiful family, but something sure set him off. Faking concern for the police officers he shot at and the woman he stabbed seven times.. yet not even asking about his victims. I would imagine he made sure they were all dead before he ran, so they could not talk..SMH! There's something very, very evil here, JMO, MOO.

I went down the Facebook rabbit hole earlier. From what I can tell the mom lost her husband (the kids’ dad) to cancer in April 2017. He seemed like a great guy. She first appears in the new guys Facebook in a photo in Nov 2017. One of his friends asks “is that her?”

I went down the Facebook rabbit hole earlier. From what I can tell the mom lost her husband (the kids’ dad) to cancer in April 2017. He seemed like a great guy. She first appears in the new guys Facebook in a photo in Nov 2017. One of his friends asks “is that her?”

I saw that too, strawberry. and everyone saying they are so glad that he looks happy. indicated to me that he was not looking so happy at one time. and one comment where he said something like "we better be (happy), ive waited for her for a long time". o_O indicative of creepy possessiveness to me.

This case is like the Watts case where there wasn't obvious red flags of danger. They were looking and acting like normal people, until they murdered an entire family. It scares me because how do we know we're dealing with this type of people? How do we know if our own spouse, or kid will be a murdering monster?

I saw that too, strawberry. and everyone saying they are so glad that he looks happy. indicated to me that he was not looking so happy at one time. and one comment where he said something like "we better be (happy), ive waited for her for a long time". o_O indicative of creepy possessiveness to me.

Yes that’s what he said. I also noticed he changed his profile pic to a shooting pic on December 18th. Hes has a shooting pic before. However the creepiest thing is whether intentionally or not it makes it look like he is shooting the family which is his cover photo .

Attachments

• D4AAE133-E789-49EA-BB2D-17FC97710111.png
    D4AAE133-E789-49EA-BB2D-17FC97710111.png
    488.8 KB · Views: 58
Now, as it stands, the murderer is the only one who knows what the reason was for the slaughter of a Grandmother, Mother, a daughter and a son. I, for one, will find it hard to believe, whatever he offers up for an excuse. One thing he would never, ever want exposed is if he were molesting one of the children and the Mother found out. THAT is something he would never want exposed. I have no idea why he murdered this beautiful family, but something sure set him off. Faking concern for the police officers he shot at and the woman he stabbed seven times.. yet not even asking about his victims. I would imagine he made sure they were all dead before he ran, so they could not talk..SMH! There's something very, very evil here, JMO, MOO.
Some very good points. I was wondering if maybe it was an abusive relationship. Hadn't thought about child molesting but that's also a possibility. Often abusive relationships aren't obvious. The abused try very hard to please the abuser thinking the abuse will stop. Therefore, they may seem very affectionate toward each other when around other people.

Mr. Moeckel said in the news interview that his ex-wife was staying with their daughter and the grandchildren while his ex-wife recovered from hip surgery. So, I'm wondering if Emery let down his guard and displayed some abusive behaviors in the presence of the grandmother and she confronted him, which sent him into a rage. Just speculation.

All 4 victims are pictured here:

Family of murdered St. Charles mother, grandmother and two kids: 'It's beyond belief'
5c2989f4a90e8.image.jpg

Yes that’s what he said. I also noticed he changed his profile pic to a shooting pic on December 18th. Hes has a shooting pic before. However the creepiest thing is whether intentionally or not it makes it look like he is shooting the family which is his cover photo .
He's also in the picture with the family and, since he didn't commit suicide, it probably wasn't his intent. But, knowing what happened, the appearance of those pictures is just sinister.

List Of Charges:

Description: Murder 1st Degree { Felony A RSMo: 565.020 }
Date: 12/29/2018 Code: 565.020-001Y198409.0
Arresting Agency: ST CHARLES CITY PD
Next Charge/Judgment
Description: Armed Criminal Action { Felony Unclassified RSMo: 571.015 }
Date: 12/29/2018 Code: 571.015-001Y197552.0
Next Charge/Judgment
Next Charge/Judgment
Next Charge/Judgment
Next Charge/Judgment
Next Charge/Judgment
Next Charge/Judgment
Next Charge/Judgment
Description: Assault 1st Degree Or Attempt - Serious Physical Injury Or Special Victim { Felony A RSMo: 565.050 }
Date: 12/29/2018 Code: 565.050-001Y198413.0
Next Charge/Judgment
Next Charge/Judgment
Description: Assault 1st Degree Or Attempt - Serious Physical Injury Or Special Victim { Felony A RSMo: 565.050 }
Next Charge/Judgment
Next Charge/Judgment
Next Charge/Judgment
Next Charge/Judgment
Description: Atmp-Robbery - 1st Degree { Felony B RSMo: 570.023 }
Date: 12/29/2018 Code: 570.023-001Y201712.1

12/31/2018 Order for Fingerprinting
Case Review Scheduled
Scheduled For: 01/08/2019; 9:00 AM ; TERRY R CUNDIFF; St Charles Circuit Div
per casenet.mo

Family of murdered St. Charles mother, grandmother and two kids: 'It's beyond belief'

Jane Moeckel called 911 about 11:55 p.m., having attempted to protect her grandchildren by locking them in one of the bedrooms. Dispatchers could hear gunshots as they kept her on the line and sent officers to the Whetstone address.

Officers arrived to see Emery leaving the home in a Chevrolet Silverado, according to court documents. While some officers entered the home to find the murder scene, others tried to pull Emery over. At first he kept going, but he stopped less than half a mile away on Cheshire Drive at Muegge Road, only to get out and begin firing at officers, according to police. The officers survived by ducking behind their car door. The police vehicle was struck eight times. Officers returned fire as Emery ran off.

Vigil held for victims of quadruple homicide in St. Charles
POSTED 12:04 AM, DECEMBER 31, 2018,
ST. CHARLES, MO - An emotional vigil Sunday night in St. Charles remembered two children, their mother and grandmother who were all shot and killed in their home late Friday night.

The accused killer, the mother`s boyfriend is behind bars facing 15 charges in the case.

Hundreds turned out for the vigil which took place at Harris Elementary School just off Old Muegge Road in St. Charles.

That was where the two children who were killed went to school.
[...]
Among those at the vigil was Kate`s father Rick Moeckel.

He still can`t believe what took place.
[...]
Moeckel had this to say about Emery, “What caused this? If he ever does say what it was, I`m sure he`s going to try and lay the blame on somebody else. He won`t take responsibility for what he did.”
[...]
Emery, who was caught yesterday morning after a manhunt that included a gun battle with police, is in custody and faces arraignment Monday.

At this point he has no bond.
[...]

This case is like the Watts case where there wasn't obvious red flags of danger. They were looking and acting like normal people, until they murdered an entire family. It scares me because how do we know we're dealing with this type of people? How do we know if our own spouse, or kid will be a murdering monster?
Also, December 19, this "normal" sheriff deputy (school resource officer) killed his wife and granddaughter at home; drove to his daughter's home and killed her; then drove to a location near the school and killed himself (with 3 LE colleagues observing) after reporting what he had done on the police radio.
FL – Sheriff deputy kills wife, daughter, g'daughter; suicide; 3 locations, Plant City, 19 DEC 2018

RE's case is now in Casenet. Criminal Complaint, Arrest Warrant and Probable Cause Statement are attached.

Attachments

• RE Criminal Complaint.pdf
    113.2 KB · Views: 14
  • RE Arrest Warrant.pdf
    69.5 KB · Views: 8
  • RE Probable Cause Stmt.pdf
    117.7 KB · Views: 18
I'd like to know what kind of medications he was on and if he had been treated for depression. In the booking photo he doesn't appear all 'there'. The eerie calm of his post-arrest demeanor and statements to police is also strange. There was a comment in one of the stories from someone who knew him that he was known to be "high-strung" so the contrast is dramatic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back