GUILTY MO - Adriaunna Horton, 12, abducted & murdered, Golden City, 19 Aug 2013 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ok, not related but I wonder if he knows her and how -- based on this snip.

Barton County Sheriff Mitchell Shaw says the man may have resided in Golden City at one point and he is familiar with the subject.

http://www.koamtv.com/story/23179597/authorities-search-for-missing-girl-in-golden-city-mo

the other article upstream intimated that they knew of him as he used to live there.

The town census for 2012 was around 700 people so this is a very small town.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_City,_Missouri

Ok, not related but I wonder if he knows her and how -- based on this snip.

Barton County Sheriff Mitchell Shaw says the man may have resided in Golden City at one point and he is familiar with the subject.

http://www.koamtv.com/story/23179597/authorities-search-for-missing-girl-in-golden-city-mo

So it sounds like he doesn't currently live in Golden City. Is the sheriff not positive if he lived in Golden City at one point, or does he not want to confirm that info at the moment?

The man they arrested is from town. I am not sure I am allowed to post his name until they release it to the public, but he does have a history of convictions for drugs and violence.

I can tell you that the man they have in custody is 46 - 47 years old and that his drug charges are related to possession with the intent to manufacture. There was an order of protection issued against him in 2011 and another in 2012. These were protecting another adult. He has varies other convictions related to driving under the influence.

Distance wise...he could have taken her 45 minutes at the most away in order to be seen back in town 1 1/2 hours later, right? Looking at the map there is quite a lot of back roads. Open farm land. It would help to know who this man is in order to see what he does for a living and the area that he usually travels so that it can be checked.

I wonder how old the suspect is?

Is he a minor... Or an adult?

I wonder if AH has any siblings...

Maybe older brother(s) who knew him?

Just some random thoughts...

we have to wait until a name is released (re: detained suspect)

Does the suspect live alone? I think the most likely place he would take Adrianna is back to his house.

Distance wise...he could have taken her 45 minutes at the most away in order to be seen back in town 1 1/2 hours later, right? Looking at the map there is quite a lot of back roads. Open farm land. It would help to know who this man is in order to see what he does for a living and the area that he usually travels so that it can be checked.

Do we know where he was apprehended?

Not to be snarky...

Just wondering if he was apprehended in town (Golden City)... Or elsewhere?

:waitasec:

So it sounds like he doesn't currently live in Golden City. Is the sheriff not positive if he lived in Golden City at one point, or does he not want to confirm that info at the moment?

He has lived in Lamar, Mo which is about 18 miles from Golden City. I can't say whether he ever lived in Golden City or not, but the two towns are close knit and share family ties. Lamar has about 4,000 people in it and is where most people from Golden City go to shop as it has a Walmart and more than one grocery store. It is also where the Barton County Sheriff's Department is located that serves Golden City. I can tell you that whether he ever lived in Golden City or not, people were familiar with him.

Here is her ?school? photo:

Story.jpg

Sorry, I know this question always comes up and I thought I knew the guidelines but:

Why no Amber Alert?

EDIT: Nevermind, I get it, I think. It's because the only suspect/lead they have is already in custody.

In fact....

I am wondering why the suspect's name is being withheld...

I am sure LE has their good reasons...

but releasing the name and mug shot could help incoming tips by those who have seen him recently

For instance... where he "hangs out"...

any unusual behaviors/places that have been noticed?

JMO

In fact....

I am wondering why the suspect's name is being withheld...

I am sure LE has their good reasons...

but releasing the name and mug shot could help incoming tips by those who have seen him recently

For instance... where he "hangs out"...

any unusual behaviors/places that have been noticed?

JMO

I am not sure why they are withholding his name. I don't even know if they have charged him with anything yet. I do know that Barton County Sheriff's Department is very familiar with him because of his prior run ins with them and they are most likely talking with everyone that they think may have information about him. There really aren't too many places to hang out except people's houses and the local bar. I am pretty sure they know who his friends are and the local places he hangs out at. What concerns me is the unknown places along country roads and old farms that he might be familiar with that no one else knows he knows about.

Wendi Jackson, the mother of 12-year-old Adrianna Horton who has been missing since Monday evening, has come to Golden City to help search for her daughter.

"I just want my baby back in my arms," said the Overland Park woman.

James Horton, the father, said his daughter came home from her first day of school in a great mood Monday and then headed to a park a half-block from her home in the afternoon with her sisters, where they were joined by friends.

James said he is certain his daughter would not have run away, and is asking anyone in the community with information to contact the Barton County Sheriff's Department.

"Everyone in the community has been very supportive, the school has been great," he said, noting that even teachers joined in the search last night.

The Barton County Sheriff's Office said Adrianna Horton was last seen getting into a vehicle there about 5 p.m. Monday. The vehicle was stopped about 6:30 p.m. and a suspect was taken into custody but the girl was not with him.
http://www.joplinglobe.com/topstories/x789508824/Search-continues-in-Barton-County-for-missing-girl

Has anyone heard if there was anything found in his vehicle since they impounded it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler
Back