MO MO - Amanda Jones, 26, pregnant, Hillsboro, 14 Aug 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh, bless Amanda's mom's heart. I believe that it was Amanda speaking to her mother and I know how much that had to mean to her. I'm so glad that the grandparents have Amanda's daughter. It will help with their healing.

Now if we could just get the killer put behind bars the family could really go forward with their lives. Even though his being sent to prison won't bring Amanda and baby back it does help with the healing just knowing that the killer isn't out there living his life like nothing happened and that there has been justice for their child. I can't imagine knowing who murdered my daughter...living near where he lives..and not being able to do anything about it. I honestly don't think that I could just not do anything about it.
I know we aren't supposed to take the law into our own hands but.......

Does anyone know Stephanies ( Westfall's gf) last name?

Sorry, I don't know her name. I wish I did, so I can make sure not to do business or anything with her.

Does anyone know if Bryan Westfall is related to Buzz Westfall (the late Buzz Westfall that is) who was at different times the head of St Louis County government (can't think offhand what they call that position, maybe Board Chairman) and before that the Prosecuting Attorney for St. Louis. Just curious as this hands off Bryan make me wonder if he is connected.

Parker...do you still have Amanda's parent's address? I had it...I think thanks to you..but can't find it now. Could you please get it to me if you have it? Thanks

Event is reminder that search goes on for missing persons

Jefferson County Sheriff Glenn Boyer said Westfall was the last known person Jones had talked to, but he said the department had no evidence linking him to Jones' disappearance.

Boyer said efforts continued each and every day to solve the case.

"To the individual or individuals involved, every night when they lay their head on the pillow, I want them to know we get a little closer every day," he said.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...BB00CAA0E7783D42862574B5000BE948?OpenDocument

Event is reminder that search goes on for missing persons

Jefferson County Sheriff Glenn Boyer said Westfall was the last known person Jones had talked to, but he said the department had no evidence linking him to Jones' disappearance.

Boyer said efforts continued each and every day to solve the case.

"To the individual or individuals involved, every night when they lay their head on the pillow, I want them to know we get a little closer every day," he said.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...BB00CAA0E7783D42862574B5000BE948?OpenDocument

I'm glad that LE hasn't let this case grow cold. I hope he wasn't just trying to make the family feel better. My prayer is that Amanda and baby are found and Westfall spends the rest of his life is prison.

There is probably no evidence linking Westfall because he didn't murder her at the civic center. He must have somehow got her in his vehicle...maybe on the pretense of going to lunch and he murdered her somewhere else....with the help of someone. He couldn't have disposed of her body by himself so I seriously believe someone else was involved. Either the girlfriend or his father. Someone he trusted not to say anything.

Wasn't her checkbood found in the car?

Does anyone know Stephanies ( Westfall's gf) last name?

I don't believe I've ever heard it. Wish we did know it! Wonder why Westfall and Stephanie haven't gotten married in all of these years???? Kind of odd.

BobbisAngel - I'll send you a PM with Amanda's parent's address - I do still have it:)

Thanks to all that continue to keep this case alive...this case just sticks with me and I will always hope that Amanda's family receives some answers, that Amanda and Hayden get justice and that the person that did this..well, I hope they get what they deserve...

I really think he disposed of Amanda on his family's farm property. :(

I really think he disposed of Amanda on his family's farm property. :(

I think so too. I wish LE could take those dogs over every inch of that property. I just know they would find her. I wonder what those people raise on that farm? Animals or crops? I also wish we knew more about Westfall's parents. Especially his dad.

I think about this case a lot also..... It was so quick and effective.... so polished....dare I say professional.....If someone dangles an offer of 2.5 million for a healthy male infant the pros go to work....somehow Westfall doesn't impress me with being very smart....I would hope if he had been so stupid as to burying the bodies on his parents' farm surely someone could have noticed soil disturbance....i would think the police could have looked into it maybe somebody could do some flyovers....I think I would have really pressed for search warrents....maybe stirred up community pressure to use cadaver dogs....did the police request FBI assistence...it just seems to me that the police did not press hard enough on this case. I would have loved to have seen Tim Miller and TES have a go at this one. Glad to see we are still talking about Amanda....she's not been forgotten.

Thanks so much for Amanda's parent's address Parker. I really appreciate your sending it to me.

I think about this case a lot also..... It was so quick and effective.... so polished....dare I say professional.....If someone dangles an offer of 2.5 million for a healthy male infant the pros go to work....somehow Westfall doesn't impress me with being very smart....I would hope if he had been so stupid as to burying the bodies on his parents' farm surely someone could have noticed soil disturbance....i would think the police could have looked into it maybe somebody could do some flyovers....I think I would have really pressed for search warrents....maybe stirred up community pressure to use cadaver dogs....did the police request FBI assistence...it just seems to me that the police did not press hard enough on this case. I would have loved to have seen Tim Miller and TES have a go at this one. Glad to see we are still talking about Amanda....she's not been forgotten.

No FBI assistance as far as I know. The only people who might have noticed a soil distrubance would have been Westfall and probably his dad as they are probably the only ones who are allowed on their property. When LE did a search Westfalls only allowed them to search certain areas! What does that tell a person? I wish the community had risen up and demanded that LE do more like get a warrent for all of the property. I don't know, maybe LE didn't have what they needed to get a warrent.

I wish LE had put a tag on Westfall and had followed him day and night and watched him all of the time. Maybe it would have made him nervous and he would have messed up somehow. Maybe it is the girlfriend they should have followed! I wish Tim Miller and Co would have been called too. Maybe they could have found Amanda and the baby. I wonder if LE ever asked anyone to help solve this case. I would gather that the LE in that area is rather small and maybe not up on the latest. Just a guess on my part though.

I just want Amanda and the baby found for her family's sake and justice for Amanda and the baby by Westfall spending the rest of his life in prison. Wish I lived closer to that creep.

You know, I was thinking about this case today, and I decided to look up a satellite image of Hillsboro, the horse show grounds and the general area.

It is amazing how close the new hiway is to the school and the fairgrounds! I did not realize how close it was.

Now, just what was the progress on the hiway in 2005? It seems to me they were pouring concrete. Wouldnt a spot that is all leveled out and ready for a Monday morning concrete pour make a perfect place to lose something? I wonder if the hiway areas have been checked.

Now, 3 years later: Is there records of where concrete was poured on 8/16/05 or shortly thereafter? How hard would it be to get the technology brought in to search it? You know, that underground density thing?

I like the things that you have come up with. I wonder if Tim Miller and Co could do something like that or if they have the equipment. I wasn't aware that there was construction going on at the time that Amanda disappeared.
I doubt if the LE in the little town that Amanda was from would have that type of equipment. They would have to ask for help. I wonder if they even gave the construction a thought. It really does make sense doesn't it!

It's amazing how some cases get all the attemtion and others just go to wayside...I seem to recall back in 2006, I think there was an excavation done on a multimillion dollar horse farm in PA I think....the FBI dug up paddocks and did severe "damage" to a multi million dollar stable - with indoor arena and chandaliers etc - I think it was a World Class dressage operation....the FBI had a Jimmy Hoffa tip.....uh, they didn't find him but our tax dollars were used to repair the damage to the farm....cha ching ! Just a warm up for the new bailout I guess.....too bad a few grand couldn't be used on Amanda.....I think it is the fact that such a small police force just did not have the funds and probably the manpower needed to search. So sad......

I am still baffled why the police could not get a search warrant based on Westfall's inconsistencies. I too have followed this case and wondered whether there was some sort of corruption. I would think that they had enough to get a search warrant. It makes me wonder if Westfall's family is well off and very well known. I could be wrong but I have always thought that something was fishy about this case.

It's amazing how some cases get all the attemtion and others just go to wayside...I seem to recall back in 2006, I think there was an excavation done on a multimillion dollar horse farm in PA I think....the FBI dug up paddocks and did severe "damage" to a multi million dollar stable - with indoor arena and chandaliers etc - I think it was a World Class dressage operation....the FBI had a Jimmy Hoffa tip.....uh, they didn't find him but our tax dollars were used to repair the damage to the farm....cha ching ! Just a warm up for the new bailout I guess.....too bad a few grand couldn't be used on Amanda.....I think it is the fact that such a small police force just did not have the funds and probably the manpower needed to search. So sad......

I wish they would could ask another organization or law enforcement to come in and take a look. I'm sure that someone...maybe the FBI...has the equipment that would be needed. Maybe they have to have a tip first and they haven't gotten one. How can you give a tip if no one saw him dump her body though? That would have been close by and he wouldn't have had to take her very far. Probably not a lot of traffic at certain times of the day or evening.

I remember the case you are talking about when they went in and dug everything up and found nothing.

The bailout...I thought it was going to help people who are losing everything but come to find out it is just going to help big business as usual. That is rotten.

Every now and then I look up this thread to see if there are any updates.

I have to say I think that Bryan Westfall did it, in my opinion. But the police made some big errors - whether through incompetence or some other reason (paid off?). I posted right at the time that we lived literally across the street, in an apartment complex. She disappeared on a Sunday I think, they didn't knock on our door until the Friday if I remember correctly. They should have been out there immediately, since the windows in half the apartments overlooked the Civic center.

I've been watching Cold Case Files on A&E a lot lately and I really hope to see her case on there one day, solved, with the murderer on death row.

This is one of the cases I follow as well. Not much to follow since it seems to have gone into the 'unsolved' files. :(

Yes, Amanda and her baby have not been forgotten. Maybe some day we'll see something happen with regard to this crime. Perhaps a retired detective will feel badly for Amanda's family and 'work' on the clues of the case. Or,........maybe some day Amanda's child will want to know what happened to their mom and solve the case themself.

Pity when guys get away with this type of thing.:mad:

JMHO
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member