MO MO - Amanda Jones, 26, pregnant, Hillsboro, 14 Aug 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:bump: Bumping for Amanda. Just learned about her disappearance from my family member. How very sad! Not sure how I missed this one. Nine months pregnant, about to give birth, this should have been plastered everywhere. Hoping she will be found and justice will be served!

Reward to be announced in missing woman case
Brandie Piper, KSDK
1:33 p.m. CDT August 4, 2014

Snipped:

A reward will be announced Tuesday for information related to a pregnant woman's disappearance nine years ago.

1407177054000-AMANDA-JONES.JPG

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2014/08/04/amanda-jones-reward-announcement/13583559/

FBI offers $20K reward in Amanda Jones case
Brandie Piper, KSDK 11:05 a.m. CDT August 5, 2014

Snipped:

FBI Special Agent in Charge Bill Woods said typically FBI rewards are paid out if there is an arrest and conviction, but that rule will not apply in this case. Anyone who gives the FBI information that leads to the location of Amanda and her unborn child or is able to identify the person or persons responsible for her disappearance will be eligible.

Amanda left behind a 4-year-old daughter named Hannah. Now 13, Hannah was at the news conference to help announce the reward. Her family says Hannah remembers her mother, and they talk about her and tell stories about her all the time.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2014/08/04/amanda-jones-reward-announcement/13583559/

This is a frustrating case. The father of her unborn child wanted nothing to do with her, refused to acknowledge paternity, etc., and then the day he pretends to take an interest and meets with her, she disappears. I don't know why the local LE wasn't able to break this guy.

Apparently Bryan Westfall works for Weiss Insurance in Chesterfield, MO.
http://www.weiss-ins.com/about/our-staff

In case anyone didn't notice the date, it's less than two weeks until the 10-year anniversary of Amanda's disappearance.

"10 years later, pregnant mom's disappearance remains unsolved"

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/10-years-later-pregnant-moms-disappearance-remains-unsolved/

Ten years later, Amanda's family still maintains hope that they'll find out what happened to her. Her mother frequently shares Amanda's missing person poster on Facebook, hoping that someone will see it and come forward with information.

She's convinced that someone must know something.

For now, they say, the Propst's remember Amanda and her unborn child Hayden often, in whatever ways they can. Hannah, she said, talks frequently about the brother she never got to meet.

"If we're out shopping and she sees something, she'll say, "Oh, wouldn't Hayden look cute in this?" Bertha Propst said. "She'll say, I had a baby brother, but he was taken with my mom."

Amanda Jones, 10 years later

I've drifted over here from the Sievers thread, to see if there might be a connection re Curtis Wayne Wright.

I've not read everything here, and as this case is from 2005, some of the links are not active. However, I agree with most of the posters here, that Westfall is most likely the guilty party -

• He lured Amanda to the civic center, where her car was found.
  • He didn't contact her throughout her pregnancy and she was 9 months pregnant and shortly to give birth.
  • He is placed at the scene of Amanda's disappearance.
  • His reasons for meeting Amanda (after having no contact) was that an unknown couple in a red car approached him to meet with Amanda and have lunch!!!
  • My guess is that he did not want to pay child support
  • The red car couple may have been to throw off suspicion (ie they wanted the baby, so took Amanda)
  • I could be wrong, but I don't see a connection with CWW/JR as I don't think a hitman was responsible - just the obvious.

This is just my opinion

I hope there is renewed interest in solving Amanda's case, as it has dragged on for 10 years, with no justice so far, for her parents and daughter.

I have been glued to the Sievers case and have read all 500+ posts about Amanda. I suggest you review #500, 510, 512, 584, and 594. The POI in the Bolin case went to school with Westfall?!

I have been glued to the Sievers case and have read all 500+ posts about Amanda. I suggest you review #500, 510, 512, 584, and 594. The POI in the Bolin case went to school with Westfall?!

Welcome to Websleuths! :) I realize you're new, so maybe you don't know how to link things. From your post, we don't know what thread you are referring to. There is a whole forum with many threads devoted to the Sievers case, so the post numbers you mention should at least be linked to a particular thread. Thanks so much.

In this thread, I tried to link them but they are from inactive user? Maybe that's why? It is a local who seems to know all the players, believes all three cases (Jones, Bolin, Maky) are connected.

In this thread, I tried to link them but they are from inactive user? Maybe that's why? It is a local who seems to know all the players, believes all three cases (Jones, Bolin, Maky) are connected.

I think I see why I was confused. Post 500 doesn't seem connected to what you were saying, so I thought you meant a different thread and didn't look at the others. Post 506 seems to be what you meant instead maybe? Plus the other ones, some of whom are by different people. Thanks for clearing up my confusion. :) I'll try to come back and see if I can bring the posts forward later for you.

Amanda isnt the only person missing in Jefferson County. There is another missing person in Jefferson County and the person suspected in that disaperance may very well have known Mr. Westfall, since we all went to school together.

That person moved out of state in 2006. I wonder if there is/was any connection between the two of them.

TS had her practice in St. Pete in 2006. Did CWW go there as well to start over with his bff?

This Radio Show with Amanda's mother being interviewed provides a great summary of the case and the investigation:

[video=youtube;2MDe-ufRARA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MDe-ufRARA[/video]

-Nin

Authorities in Jefferson County announced this morning that a new task force comprised of 17 police officers is taking over the investigation of a missing pregnant woman last seen Sunday evening.

Lt. Col. Steven Meinberg said the task force met for the first time at 8 a.m. today. The announcement was made at a morning press conference that was supposed to be held at the main meeting room of the sheriff’s office. The briefing had to moved outdoors, because the task force has taken over the meeting room to accommodate officers assigned to the unit from five other Jefferson County police agencies.

Meinberg said officers from Crystal City, Festus, Herculaneum, Hillsboro and Pevely have joined the task force. He said the unit is contact with the FBI, but that the federal agency isn’t actively involved in the investigation. The task force is headed by Lt. Tommy Wright, the head of the detective bureau at the sheriff’s office.
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...E060C179B767C65986257060005ADFF6?OpenDocument

I am also over from the Teresa Sievers thread. What a sad case, particularly for Amanda's now teenage daughter.

<modsnip>

Also, in several posts, the fact that the main suspect in this case studied, then taught, COMPUTER technology, is another CONNECTION. I would not necessarily dismiss some sort of "connectivity" with this case, even if the POI in this crime is indeed the perp. There are many ways of being connected.....

Thank you! These posts certainly jumped out at me too!

Although there is not a direct connection yet between the Amanda Jones case and the Sievers case, it seems that some locals and insiders think there may be interconnections among the players in each case. For insiders or locals who have information but who may fear getting verified in the Sievers case, Tricia has made arrangements to verify you privately and post for you on a closed thread to ensure your safety. If you have any information relating to CWW, MS, Ronnie Bolin etc. and/or any connection to Amanda's case, PLEASE take advantage of that provision. This has never been done before here.

In my experience as owner since 2004 I have never seen anything like what is going on in the Sievers case.

We have many legitimate insiders contacting us with information, but they won't become verified and post because they are afraid of the people involved. They worry their family's safety could be compromised if they are discovered posting. Some of these people are not registered on Websleuths. This is all through phone and email.

These people want to help. They want to do something but they feel helpless because of the safety issue.

Therefore, we are taking the unusual step of verifying the authenticity of their insider status as we do with every verified insider, the only difference being myself or administrator will be posting for them on the forum.

We will be very cautious not to post information that could somehow compromise their identity.

Anyone wishing to be verified or if you have any questions please write
websleuthscomments@gmail.com

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...sting-for-Verified-Sources-**Reference-Only**

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back