MO MO - Amanda Jones, 26, pregnant, Hillsboro, 14 Aug 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm bringing a conversation over from a couple of other threads because it gives insight into Amanda's case. The member questioneverything is a verified insider in the Ronnie Bolin case. For anyone just joining us, RB disappeared from Hillsboro (St Louis) in 1996 and the POI is Curtis Wayne Wright, arrested for Teresa Sievers' murder. I'd like to see Amanda's disappearance linked to CWW, if possible.

1) A question to QE from creepingskills (JW is CWW's brother):
questioneverything,
Feel free to pass on answering this question, but did you ever notice, or hear that CWW/JW were associated with some kind of organized crime? Why are they so feared?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-do-their-paths-cross&p=12115274#post12115274

2) QE's answer:
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. It's a good question but one I don't know the real answer to. I know they have "friends and family" who will do whatever CWW tells them to do - including making people "disappear". Whether it's organized crime or just deep corruption I can't say with any certainty. All I know is that people who cross CWW do NOT do so a second time. Not around here anyway. They have both been known bullies/psychopaths since childhood and they never really changed that insanity part of themselves.
BBM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-do-their-paths-cross&p=12119356#post12119356

3) I (Lilibet) brought this over to RB's thread and asked QE the following question:
Based on this answer, I'd like to ask questioneverything if you think these two would be inclined to do a friend a "favor" and make someone "inconvenient" disappear. I'm thinking of Amanda Jones who disappeared in 2005 from Hillsboro, and was inconveniently pregnant by a guy involved in computers. It's a long shot and I keep asking locals because I'm sort of obsessed with finding a connection to CWW....
BBM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...on-County-8-July-1996&p=12119766#post12119766

4)QE's answer:
So my answer to your question is most definitely a yes, especially if the person asking is not only a friend but has money/family with money. I have personally been looking at these cases and the M.O. is similar for both. I can't say for certain if CWW and BW were friends, however, that is a rumor that I had heard at the time but i can't verify if it's true or not. I know that they did go to high school together and so it's a distinct possibility that they were friends. I recently ran across an article from the Amanda Jones case as it's the ten year anniversary this year. The article was written at the time of the disappearance. Pay attention to ALL the names involved - including POI, LE, and Family. See if it rings any bells for you. I found it interesting. Here's the link http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...832ec737a.htmlBBM
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...on-County-8-July-1996&p=12119810#post12119810

Here is the link and some quotes from the archived article referenced by QE above.
We were encouraged by QE to pay attention to ALL the names involved, including POI, LE, and family and see if it rings any bells. Those names are Brian Lee Westfall (unofficial POI), Tommy Wright (LE), and Hubert Propst (Jones' father). Other than Wright, I don't hear any bells ringing. I hope QE can help us out within TOS.

It always upsets me when LE says there is nothing suspicious and no evidence of foul play. I realize their standards for suspicion are higher than ours, but still...

More than 80 police and firefighters searched the horse-show grounds and nearby woods Monday but found no trace of Jones or any clue as to her whereabouts. Lt. Tommy Wright of the Jefferson County sheriff's office said police were suspending their search while they try to turn up new leads.Wright said he was told it was out of character for Jones to disappear without alerting her friends and family but said police had no evidence of foul play. He added that police had checked with area hospitals, searched Jones' home and visited the homes of her friends but found nothing suspicious.
Wright said that police are handling the disappearance as a missing person case. He said there are no suspects "because there's no evidence that a crime has taken place."

<modsnip> I am the last person to jump on LE, and I have no reason to think he is covering for anyone. He has had an honorable career in LE. But making assumptions so fast about Amanda concerns me. Thankfully, the investigation has been revived and I hope they will look into a CWW connection. JMO

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_629e6338-13e0-5cd4-be55-63c832ec737a.html

I can't edit my post above, but I would like to correct my comment about there being "nothing suspicious." I took that in a general way, but as was pointed out to me on the RB thread, it wasn't meant that way. I see that Wright was referring to finding nothing suspicious in the searches of Amanda's and her friends' homes. And of course, if there is no evidence of foul play, LE has to treat the case as a missing persons case. Adults are free to disappear, so no crime is committed until there is evidence. Tommy Wright was following procedure. My apology to him.

That is what is so frustrating about disappearance cases like Amanda's, Ronnie Bolin's, and Stephanie Warner's in my signature. If there is no body and no one talks, it's a home run for the murderer and LE's hands are tied, waiting for someone to slip up.

I can't edit my post above, but I would like to correct my comment about there being "nothing suspicious." I took that in a general way, but as was pointed out to me on the RB thread, it wasn't meant that way. I see that Wright was referring to finding nothing suspicious in the searches of Amanda's and her friends' homes. And of course, if there is no evidence of foul play, LE has to treat the case as a missing persons case. Adults are free to disappear, so no crime is committed until there is evidence. Tommy Wright was following procedure. My apology to him.

That is what is so frustrating about disappearance cases like Amanda's, Ronnie Bolin's, and Stephanie Warner's in my signature. If there is no body and no one talks, it's a home run for the murderer and LE's hands are tied, waiting for someone to slip up.

I totally respect LE and the need to use proper terms etc. However, this pregnant woman has been missing for over 10 years- nothing suspicious or foul play...yeah, I buy that- and I'm sure her family begs to differ. Just another perspective for Amanda!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I totally respect LE and the need to use proper terms etc. However, this pregnant woman has been missing for over 10 years- nothing suspicious or foul play...yeah, I buy that- and I'm sure her family begs to differ. Just another perspective for Amanda!

Certainly her family knew immediately there was something very wrong. And I don't think LE is currently saying there is nothing suspicious or that there has been no foul play. Perhaps it wasn't clear that my original comment was referencing an article from very early in the investigation, not a current one over ten years later. I apologized because I didn't think my comment was fair to LE within that very early time frame. If they didn't have evidence, there wasn't a lot they could do. It's very frustrating.

I think we're on the same side here. :)

I am not sure if this is the right spot for this post but here goes. There is another missing persons case similar to Ronnie Bolin and Amanda Jones and in Jefferson County MO - it has never been solved and has the same M.O. as the other 2. I need to do more research but I've begun to wonder if all these cases are connected to CWW in some way. I have no proof or evidence for this, just my thoughts and gut feeling. Too many things that are the same - even they types of people who disappeared - all deeply religious or from a deeply religious family. Let me know if you all think I'm crazy, cause that could be too. Here's the link: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_bc15f8ee-a437-569a-9467-ef609a6b747d.html

I am not sure if this is the right spot for this post but here goes. There is another missing persons case similar to Ronnie Bolin and Amanda Jones and in Jefferson County MO - it has never been solved and has the same M.O. as the other 2. I need to do more research but I've begun to wonder if all these cases are connected to CWW in some way. I have no proof or evidence for this, just my thoughts and gut feeling. Too many things that are the same - even they types of people who disappeared - all deeply religious or from a deeply religious family. Let me know if you all think I'm crazy, cause that could be too. Here's the link: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_bc15f8ee-a437-569a-9467-ef609a6b747d.html

And then there's this man - his car was found abandoned in North St. Louis - like Ronnie Bolin! http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2011/02/07/jefferson-county-mans-been-missing-more-than-4-months/

I don't think you're crazy! Here is the thread for Diana.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...na-J-Braungardt-18-Crystal-City-11-March-1987

Another missing teen I've considered is Peggy Lynn Alt who supposedly went for a walk in 1985. Her case was dropped in 11 days. Detective Coombs who visited CWW about RB picked it up years later.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?147414-MO-Peggy-Lynn-Alt-17-High-Ridge-2-March-1985

I don't think you're crazy! Here is the thread for Diana.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...na-J-Braungardt-18-Crystal-City-11-March-1987

Another missing teen I've considered is Peggy Lynn Alt who supposedly went for a walk in 1985. Her case was dropped in 11 days. Detective Coombs who visited CWW about RB picked it up years later.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?147414-MO-Peggy-Lynn-Alt-17-High-Ridge-2-March-1985

Yes, I saw her case as well but I wasn't sure it had enough in common with the others. I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one to see connections here. Hopefully if we see them, LE might also see them as well. But again, without a body or some other serious evidence - there is no crime to investigate which leaves LE frustrated and families without closure.

Yes, I saw her case as well but I wasn't sure it had enough in common with the others. I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one to see connections here. Hopefully if we see them, LE might also see them as well. But again, without a body or some other serious evidence - there is no crime to investigate which leaves LE frustrated and families without closure.

Right, no abandoned car in the case of Peggy. What got my attention was her age. She was just a year older than CWW. I'm ready to pin everything on him! But of course, that's not realistic. I feel for all these families.

This quote just showed up in an article about Curtis Wayne Wright's connection to people in the current Teresa Seivers case and the Ronnie Bolin disappearance almost 20 years ago. It includes an interview with Greg Bolin, Ronnie's brother. I thought it was rather chilling, considering what happened to a pregnant Amanda. I still wonder if CWW helped BW disappear Amanda. JMO

After high school, Wright's girlfriend became pregnant, something he was not prepared for, according to Bolin. At one point during the pregnancy, Bolin said Wright tried to get him to run his girlfriend off the road to "mess with her." Bolin said he refused.
"I wasn't going to have any part of running a pregnant girl off the road," he said. "What I didn't know was apparently in his brain, he was hatching his first murder plot."

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crim...ath-of-dr-teresa-sievers--2345-339128031.html

This quote just showed up in an article about Curtis Wayne Wright's connection to people in the current Teresa Seivers case and the Ronnie Bolin disappearance almost 20 years ago. It includes an interview with Greg Bolin, Ronnie's brother. I thought it was rather chilling, considering what happened to a pregnant Amanda. I still wonder if CWW helped BW disappear Amanda. JMO

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/crim...ath-of-dr-teresa-sievers--2345-339128031.html
As soon as I read that quote Amanda is also the first thing I thought of.

:bump:

What happened to Amanda? I want answers for this family. Praying that the developments (arrests) in Teresa Sievers case leads to some answers and new leads.

Does anyone know Stephanies ( Westfall's gf) last name?

I read earlier on this thread her second name was Votrain.

So obvious who did this. Whether alone or with help. They just have to prove it. He met up her after so long, days before she was due with his baby (what he didn't want anything to do with, or her), & she suddenly disappears?

It doesn't take a genius to work it out! So frustrating. Feel so sorry for her parents & sister! [emoji17]

Also frustrating that Bryan & his parents only let LE search certain parts of the acres of land that they both own.. Why?! Surely if they had nothing to hide or anything to worry about, they'd let them search where ever they wanted to..

Also, Bryan lying saying Amanda was on the phone for hours when phone records proved that the last call she made was at 1pm for a few minutes.. Why lie if you don't have anything to hide?

Annoying that it's so obvious who did this & why, but there's just not enough evidence to prove it!!! [emoji36]

I agree with you, Natalie. The only conclusion I can come to is that the police in MO won't bring murder charges without a body. I would say it should be easy to get conviction anyway, but then again you could end up getting a juror like that moron Jennifer Ford from the Casey Anthony jury (who apparently wouldn't vote guilty unless the entire crime was recorded on high-resolution videotape with narration by the perp.).

Actually, the police in MO have actually told us exactly that - if there is no body, there is no crime - because according to them it is NOT a crime for an adult person to simply just disappear. It doesn't matter how much evidence they find of foul play in this state, if they can't find the body, at least in Jefferson County, MO, then there has been NO crime committed, just a missing person investigation until a body shows up or someone confesses. And while I have no evidence, I can almost guarantee that CWW was involved as Brian was teaching computers at the local community college at the time and he and CWW were friends. JMO of course as again, I have no proof.

Actually, the police in MO have actually told us exactly that - if there is no body, there is no crime - because according to them it is NOT a crime for an adult person to simply just disappear. It doesn't matter how much evidence they find of foul play in this state, if they can't find the body, at least in Jefferson County, MO, then there has been NO crime committed, just a missing person investigation until a body shows up or someone confesses. And while I have no evidence, I can almost guarantee that CWW was involved as Brian was teaching computers at the local community college at the time and he and CWW were friends. JMO of course as again, I have no proof.
So basically the average cop in Jefferson County is Deputy Dawg minus the tail and minus the common sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back