MO MO - Bianca Piper, 13, Foley, 10 March 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder what happened to this young girl? It's hard to believe that she could make it on her own if she had the problems that her mother said that she had. I wonder what the real story is behind her disappearance.

Unfortunately there is probably so much more to her story than we will ever know. I realize I could be wrong but after hearing that the mom lashed out at another one of her daughters violently I can't help but think there may be an issue there. Actually I've always thought the whole story was a little strange and I don't believe it. I'm just not sure who it is that's lying.

No new news articles that I can find. Bumping anyway...

A teenage girl who disappeared two years ago will be remembered Saturday, while a regional task force continues efforts to find her and other missing children from eastern Missouri.

Bianca Piper was 13 when she vanished March 10, 2005, in rural Lincoln County, about 60 miles north of St. Louis. Family and friends will gather at 1 p.m. Saturday to plant a tree and dedicate a bench at Winfield Elementary School, where Bianca attended.

Bianca was last seen walking on a gravel road near her home in Foley. Bianca's mother, Shannon Tanner, told authorities she dropped the girl about a mile from home, hoping the walk would give her a chance to calm down after a dispute over doing dinner dishes. Tanner said it was a practice counselors had advised.

Two years later, Bianca's fate is still unknown, even as a special task force made up of federal, state and local police look into whether kidnapping suspect Michael Devlin could have played a role in her disappeareance and several other unsolved cases.

http://www.belleville.com/mld/belleville/news/state/16869944.htm

Isn't this the case where the mother was later reported to have hit the younger daughter with a telephone?

bykerladi said:
Isn't this the case where the mother was later reported to have hit the younger daughter with a telephone?
Yes, the mother is currently on probation for that incident. However, LE doesn't suspect the mother for Bianca's disappearance.

Bobbisangel said:
...I just don't understand the need for her to walk on a lonely country road a mile from her home in the dark.
I don't recall - was this the first time the mother dropped her off like this? If not, any nearby neighbor could have noticed some sort of pattern and waited for a chance to pick Bianca up. I'm sure LE has checked local sex offenders but I wonder if there was someone living near her home that wasn't on the radar.

That is the only time that her mom has admitted to taking her and dropping her off that I am aware of. I believe she said that Bianca would go out and walk around the block or the neighborhood before....and it worked!

I have a hard time believing that any therapist would tell a mother to drive her daughter a mile from home on a dark cold night and let her walk home from there. She probably said that walking might help with the anger. Why this mother took this young girl a mile from home and dropped her off is just beyond me. It doesn't even make any sense...especially when Bianca had walked around outside of her own home before and it worked.

What I wonder is if the mom and Bianca weren't coming home from somewhere and they got into it and the mom stopped the car and told Bianca to get out and walk the rest of the way home and cool off. That would make more sense to me instead of her mom driving her a mile down the road and telling her to walk home. I guess it doesn't really matter how it came about. This beautiful little girl is gone and will probably never be found. Someone picked her up on that dark cold lonely road and harmed her. The chances of her being alive are probably close to zero.

I wonder if LE have checked out the guys in that area who have drinking problems or are into dope. Someone higher than a kite could have picked her up and tried to get funny with her and ended up killing her. If they have questioned all of the sex offenders in that area and gotten no where maybe they should start looking at the rowdys, drinkers, and dopers.

I think you're right, Bobbisangel. I could have sworn I read an article that said Bianca and her mother were on their way home from somewhere and the mother told Bianca to walk the rest of the way home after an argument. I'll see if I can find where I read that...

ETA - Can't seem to find where I read that. Maybe an artice I read just said she had been dropped off to walk home, didn't mention her mother drove her a mile away, and I assumed they were on their way home and her mom told her to get out and walk the rest of the way home.

Ok, so let's see... Bianca's mother is the last person to see her... she leaves her ALONE to walk over a mile home ALONE in the dark at 13 years old... She has not done this before... and a year later she is charged with assaulting her other daughter with a curling iron... Oh no, of COURSE the mother isn't a suspect. Sheesh!! I say take a lie detector test Momma...

JanetElaine said:
Bianca is missing exactly two years today.... :(

That is a long time for a young girl of her age to be missing. It seems like someone in that area where she lived would have said something by now. If someone picked her up you would think that they would have bragged to a buddy or someone about it. I think that is a rather rural area isn't it? I wonder who LE actually looked at during the time she went missing?

Sable said:
I think you're right, Bobbisangel. I could have sworn I read an article that said Bianca and her mother were on their way home from somewhere and the mother told Bianca to walk the rest of the way home after an argument. I'll see if I can find where I read that...

ETA - Can't seem to find where I read that. Maybe an artice I read just said she had been dropped off to walk home, didn't mention her mother drove her a mile away, and I assumed they were on their way home and her mom told her to get out and walk the rest of the way home.

I think I must have assumed that they were coming home too. Both the mom and the daughter have paid a high price for that lack of common sense on the mother's part. I still can't understand why she did that. I wonder if the mom has the same problems that she says the daughters do.

bykerladi said:
Ok, so let's see... Bianca's mother is the last person to see her... she leaves her ALONE to walk over a mile home ALONE in the dark at 13 years old... She has not done this before... and a year later she is charged with assaulting her other daughter with a curling iron... Oh no, of COURSE the mother isn't a suspect. Sheesh!! I say take a lie detector test Momma...

I couldn't agree more.

I thought they did that and cleared the mother (of Bianca's disappearance).

Here's my theory, for what it is worth. I have actually debated calling the LE handling it and see if this had occured to them/they could use it as they would have the resources to do something.

Bianca has a rocky relationship with mom - the typical teen stuff compounded by whatever her problems really were - I have heard several things, one bi polar which even untreated doesn't necessarily mean she can't function off meds, and the other that she is so mentally ill she functions as a 7 year old (yet can give the appearance of a typical teen). Then again, Mom and other daughter have issues too. So, she has a friend who she shares this with. The friend's mother (may or may not be single parent) feels sorry for Bianca and takes her side.

After Mom drops Bianca off for her walk, she goes to friend's home. (Now keep in mind, I am personally very familiar with where she lives - we had friends out there until a couple years ago.). Friend's Mom says Bianca can stay there (and maybe this woman isn't that bright) and they say "no of course haven't seen her) and Bianca hides out there. Later that spring - maybe a month for purpose of giving notice, maybe end of school year - they move - maybe not all that far but out of the general area. Their plan is to let Bianca live with them till she is 18 and can't be forced back with Mom.

Anywhere they live, she (if she is seen much) is just another daughter. Thinking that maybe a teen who is a bit heavy would be friends with another heavy girl - may be they look enough like sisters????

I don't know why I think this. I know a couple months ago, right about the time Shawn Hornbeck was found, some relatively new people on my street caught my eye. They moved into the only rental (duplex) on this street and the woman has two teen girls - etiher one looks like Bianca in a pretty major way. This occurred to me one day right around Christmas. I tell my hubby. He says no way, she wouldn't be around the area anymore and not out and about. Then SH. Actually, what is funny is DH got home early that day and we were sitting talking and turned the TV on right when the announcement was made about SH being found. As we absorbed what was being said, the first thing he said was, "My God - maybe that is the Piper girl). It's not -I check and was easily able to find someone who knew that family since both girls were wee ones. Their grandmother is a lifelong friend of the mother in law of another neighbor and she was looking for a rental after a divorce and neighbor recommended this place. Just so you know I didn't just ignore this possibility. But, I was pondering the possible scenerios before I knew this and for some reason really like this one. But ironically some of the sightings of BM weren't all that far from us. Who knows, the false sightings might just be one of the two sisters.

I would guess the cops could look at who moved from that general area of Bianca's home within the first six months or so?

The area is so remote that I can't just see someone driving by and grabbing her - I really can't. And it is remote from other people - there are plenty of people in the area - it just isn't like you drive through there going somewhere else, KWIM.

Just thought I would throw this out.

Last night I had a dream about Bianca Piper. This came out of the blue, and I barely even know her case. I have seen her on the doe network, but haven't really paid too much attention to her case and didn't know she had a thread here on websleuths until I searched. She looked the same in my dream as her pictures do on the net, same hair style, color, length, weight, etc...but still, as I said I am not familiar with this case and never would have known it was her in my dream if she had not written down her last name. I am not a psychic, never claimed to be, but I also don't think that anything is worth forgetting about so here is my dream:
It was pretty vague, just with Bianca writing down things for me to read. This is what she wrote:
Cooperate, vice, piper and "cigarettes in the morning"
Thats it...unfortunately as I was reading the words my hubby came in and woke me unexpectedly.
Like I said, I am not a psychic, nor am I a crack-pot crazy lady. But I don't dismiss anything, and for Bianca's sake I hope these words mean something to someone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back