GUILTY MO - Britny Haarup, 19, & Ashley Key, 22, Edgerton, 13 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Such a terrible tragedy, the loss of these two beautiful young women. RIP Britny and Ashley.

Heartfelt condolences to their family and friends, especially their children. They will be in my prayers.

I have a feeling that the ME may have a different version of events!
moo

Me too - and I will believe what the ME says over this guy.

And if not being able to "perform" is this guys cover story then oh my Lord the truth must be horrific.

Wondering how the "I only wanted to rape someone, not kill them" defense will play out in court.

What a shame. Two more young lives lost in an act of senseless violence.

Just wanted to add (not sure if this was clarified, I looked through all the posts but could have missed it) that her post is a slight variation of lyrics from a song called Zoe Jane by Staind. It is from a father to his daughter and is sad and touching. She changed it where the asterisks are.

Thanks for clarifying. I am am a fan, but not previously familiar that song. Its a beautiful song. As one of Ashley's final facebook posts, it seems eerily prophetic. No doubt that post will be treasured by her daughter when she is a little older.

Having a hard time shaking my sadness and anger over this completely senseless act.

I wish the presser, and the subsequent media reports, had substituted Miller's statement, so that "went to rape..." replaced "went to have sex with..." The latter phrase has an air of relaxed jollity wildly out of proportion to the actual offence.

I agree that one, if not both, of these poor sisters was sexually assaulted. What a horrific and senseless crime, and from nowhere.

s

Me too - and I will believe what the ME says over this guy.

And if not being able to "perform" is this guys cover story then oh my Lord the truth must be horrific.

could be true...

"Because methamphetamine use can cause impotence at the same time that it is increasing libido..."

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/factsheets/meth.htm

there is other stuff he could have done to them... sadly

If this isn't a DP case, I don't know what is. Maybe some Public Defender will say he wasn't right in the head. The meth made him do it. Geez.

I agree with you, but sometimes they won't go for the DP if the perp confessed and gave them the details of how and why. I would think they will ask for LWOP, but guess we'll wait and see.

Hi laniefi, I'll believe that when the ME states it (r.e. no sexual assault). His intention was to rape Britny and then WOW... there are TWO ladies in the home. I have to think he is trying to lighten how bad things were looking for him in regards to his crimes. JMO.

Ugh. It's like when a pedophile will confess to beating a toddler to death but swears they don't know HOW the sexual trauma occurred. Like "i may be a sicko murderer, but I am no rapist!".
:(

I wish the presser, and the subsequent media reports, had substituted Miller's statement, so that "went to rape..." replaced "went to have sex with..." The latter phrase has an air of relaxed jollity wildly out of proportion to the actual offence.

I agree that one, if not both, of these poor sisters was sexually assaulted. What a horrific and senseless crime, and from nowhere.

s

That wording bugged me, too.

Thanks for clarifying. I am am a fan, but not previously familiar that song. Its a beautiful song. As one of Ashley's final facebook posts, it seems eerily prophetic. No doubt that post will be treasured by her daughter when she is a little older.

Having a hard time shaking my sadness and anger over this completely senseless act.

BBM

Me too. I haven't been able to stop thinking about this today.

s

When I first heard that, it made my jaw drop. It really bugs me.

Why does it matter now whether he did or didn't rape one or both women? They're dead, and a family is grieving. Three little children are without their mothers, and will not even have a memory of their moms holding them, they're so young. I don't want to even think about what this monster might have done. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that he couldn't assault them, because of the meth, however.

My heart goes out to the family, I pray for them and for God to watch over the little ones.

What a tragedy! First of all, I do have to apologize for misjudging Ashley. Hearing of her troubled past from her family made it seem to me that they thought that someone from Ashley's lifestyle was involved. To hear that Ashley so desperately tried to protect her sister shows what a true hero she was. She died protecting her family. May all her misdeeds in her past be forgotten and she will be remembered for her last act. R.I.P. Ashley. I am so sorry that you were not able to live your life right like you had wanted to with your daughter.

So Britny was the target? How did this guy know Britny? Did he know Britny's fiance's schedule? He obviously did not expect to find anyone in the home and was surprised that Ashley was there? Was he a neighbor? What a sick, twisted man! Meth is no excuse and I am glad that it can not be used in some sort of defense for this monster. R.I.P. Britny!

I am really shocked that he was the one who put the babies together?

Why does it matter now whether he did or didn't rape one or both women? They're dead, and a family is grieving. Three little children are without their mothers, and will not even have a memory of their moms holding them, they're so young. I don't want to even think about what this monster might have done. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that he couldn't assault them, because of the meth, however.

My heart goes out to the family, I pray for them and for God to watch over the little ones.

It matters to me because he felt entitled to walk into a home and force himself on a woman just because he felt like it. Apparently, it was the trigger to the whole senseless perverted act of violence he perpetrated against these two innocent women. JMO

Mapquest says Trimble, where Miller was living, is only 8 miles from Edgerton. I think he lived with his girlfirend. At any rate, I'm pretty sure he wasn't a neighbor. I'm curious about how he knew Britny too. In his confession, he stated he was attracted to her. Where was he around her?

“He intended to have sex with Britny,” said Platte Co. Sheriff Richard Andersen. “He had never had sex with her before but he had known her for a while and was attracted to her so he went there for the purpose of having sex.”

Family members became visibly upset as the sheriff described Britny waking up to find Miller attacking her during Monday morning’s press conference.

Miller was high on meth the whole time and even smoked more meth after committing the murders. He then moved Britny’s five-month-old baby who had been sleeping with her into another bedroom with her 18-month-old sister. Miller told police he then tried to have sex with a dead Britny Haarup but could because it was “too disgusting.”

http://fox4kc.com/2012/07/16/man-confesses-to-murders-after-using-meth/

“He intended to have sex with Britny,” said Platte Co. Sheriff Richard Andersen. “He had never had sex with her before but he had known her for a while and was attracted to her so he went there for the purpose of having sex.”

Family members became visibly upset as the sheriff described Britny waking up to find Miller attacking her during Monday morning’s press conference.

Miller was high on meth the whole time and even smoked more meth after committing the murders. He then moved Britny’s five-month-old baby who had been sleeping with her into another bedroom with her 18-month-old sister. Miller told police he then tried to have sex with a dead Britny Haarup but could because it was “too disgusting.”

http://fox4kc.com/2012/07/16/man-confesses-to-murders-after-using-meth/

If he "tried to have sex" with her, to me that means he DID rape her and didn't "finish". JMO

So many lives will be forever affected by the senseless murder of these two sisters. I am glad that the monster who is responsible for this is behind bars. I hope he never sees the outside world again.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho
Back