GUILTY MO - Britny Haarup, 19, & Ashley Key, 22, Edgerton, 13 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sad and unnecessary beyond comprehension. Praying for these families.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

A horrific tragic crime-prayers to the family as they have had this terrible heartbreak imposed on them by another's brutal actions.:please:

That's horrible. Someone lost two daughters and that has to be really awful.

Children lost mothers, parents lost daughters, just tragic for all concerned.

Just catching up this morning. The truth is beyond my worst imagined fears, prayers for their family. Those poor babies, so senseless.

How did Miller know Britny? Seems like he knew her fiancee was at work and his confession definitely indicates this was premeditated.

I think Miller is whitewashing the truth of what happened. I posted photo's of the home upstream, it's small. Think about the time it took to do what he did to Ashley. That did not happen in a silent vacuum. Wouldn't Britny have heard something and gotten up to see what was going on? Called 911 on her cell phone? Something is not right with his story and sequence of events.

It does seem odd that he could be confronted by, struggle with and murder one sister in such a small home without waking or alerting the other sister or any of the children sleeping at the time.

Wow. Look at his recent mugshot http://www.kmbc.com/news/kansas-cit.../15560060/-/o6m2az/-/index.html?absolute=true

he has lost a lot of weight since the mugshot at https://web.mo.gov/doc/offSearchWeb/searchOffender.do?docId=1220050&method=getOffender

I suppose from the meth... it doesn't even look like the same person?

That's funny (not in a haha sense), I was going to remark on how full his face was for a meth user (I was looking at the older picture). But now seeing this new mug shot, you are right!

This was such a senseless act. I doubt he will ever understand the magnitude of his actions. He killed two beautiful young mothers for nothing. He robbed them of their lives and robbed their daughters of their mothers.

I don't know the relationship between the girls and this guy - and - the police would not comment on how they knew each other, but it just seems like such a strong reaction to being caught in a home.

It does seem odd that he could be confronted by, struggle with and murder one sister in such a small home without waking or alerting the other sister or any of the children sleeping at the time.

Not only that, but Britny's six month old baby was asleep in her bed? I guess we may hear more details later, but right now his story doesn't make sense to me.

Not only that, but Britny's six month old baby was asleep in her bed? I guess we may hear more details later, but right now his story doesn't make sense to me.

I find it hard to believe he didn't rape Britny OR Ashley. JMO Sick, sick, sick.

Speculation.

I wonder if Ms. Key was familiar with this man and he knew where to find her (staying at her sister's home). It is said that she may have been involved with a bad crowd recently. To me that reads like code for "got tangled up with drug use or users." It has also been said (sorry no link handy) that Britny was helping Ashley out, getting her life back on track.

He is all hopped up, knows where Ashley is staying, thinks maybe he can sneak in and hook up with his friend - either for qwik sex or to convince her to come out with him for more partying.

Britny, asleep on the sofa hears him and events are set into motion. If Britny was trying to get Ahsley away from friends just such as this, I can well imagine he knew it and whatever happened when Britny confronted him probably happend pretty fast.

This is horrible news. What a dirt bag excuse for a human being this meth head is .... let the punishment fit the crime.

Rest peacefully and bless those little babies.

Speculation.

I wonder if Ms. Key was familiar with this man and he knew were to find her (staying at her sister's home). It is said that she may have been involved with a bad crowd recently. To me that reads like code for "got tangled up with drug use or users." It has also been said (sorry no link handy) that Britny was helping Ashley out, getting her life back on track.

He is all hopped up, knows where Ashley is staying, thinks maybe he can sneak in and hook up with his friend - either for qwik sex or to convince her to come out with him for more partying.

Britny, asleep on the sofa hears him and events are set into motion. If Britny was trying to get Ahsley away from friends just such as this, I can well imagine he knew it and whatever happened when Britny confronted him probably happend pretty fast.

Miller told detectives that he was high on methamphetamines and went to Haarup's home in Edgerton at dawn with the intent of having sex with Haarup.

Ashley was asleep on the couch, Britny was asleep in her bed.

It would seem from the news story, Miller did not even know Ashley was in the home. He expected to find Britny home alone with her girls.

Miller could have just left when Ashley woke to find him there.
icon8.gif

If this isn't a DP case, I don't know what is. Maybe some Public Defender will say he wasn't right in the head. The meth made him do it. Geez.

Expect a parade of psychiatrists and an insanity plea, followed by months or even years of delays before trial. Standard procedure.

I find it hard to believe he didn't rape Britny OR Ashley. JMO Sick, sick, sick.

Hi Matou :seeya: - I read a link that said he tried to sexually assault her but couldn't.....

Let me see if I can find the link again.

This is horrible news. What a dirt bag excuse for a human being this meth head is .... let the punishment fit the crime.

Rest peacefully and bless those little babies.

And thank GOD he didn't (physically) hurt them too!

Ashley was asleep on the couch, Britny was asleep in her bed.

It would seem from the news story, Miller did not even know Ashley was in the home. He expected to find Britny home alone with her girls.

Miller could have just left when Ashley woke to find him there.
icon8.gif

oops, my bad, got the sisters confused.

Well that makes even less sense and now my hink is up on this guy's story as well. He went there to have sex with Britney but when Ashley awakens and finds him there he claims he killed her, then went off to find Britny and kills her too? What happened to the sex he went over there for?

Yeah, there's a whole lot of info that this perp is not divulging. My bet, he raped both of them, possibly using threats against one restrained to assure cooperatioin of another who was not. he then killed them both when he was done with them to try to avoid charges for rape.

That is my own speculationand not backed up with link or facts. Simply a theory.

1/2 million bond, is that what 2 lives are "worth" now days?
Yuck.

RIP Britny and Ashley.

Here it is...

"Miller told investigators he put the baby in the crib in a different room with the older child, then returned to Haarup's room, where he planned to have sex with her but couldn't."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...rder-britney-haarup-ashley-key_n_1676876.html

Hi laniefi, I'll believe that when the ME states it (r.e. no sexual assault). His intention was to rape Britny and then WOW... there are TWO ladies in the home. I have to think he is trying to lighten how bad things were looking for him in regards to his crimes. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Before.the.dawn
Back