Found Deceased MO - Cassidy Rainwater, 33, *GRAPHIC CONTENT* nude & caged in photos, Buffalo, 15 Jul 2021 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cassidy's mother's disappearance is still an open case...
Wahwassuck’s disappearance was reported by KOLR 10 as “suspicious,” but no cause of death has ever been released on her case, and no one has been arrested.
In speaking with the Laclede County Coroner on Thursday, Steve Murrell tells OzarksFirst it’s still an open case
Based on previous KOLR 10 reporting, Wahwassuck’s remains were found scattered in a field near Lebanon a year later.
“It was unusual, some of the statements made by people, that we’ll have to go on with the new evidence we have, and see where that leads us,” former Laclede County Sheriff Richard Wrinkle told KOLR 10 during an interview in 2008.

Mother of missing woman Cassidy Rainwater also victim of mysterious disappearance

This kind of has the feeling of a "trafficking" ring. When's the last time a suspects house burnt down on the FBI's watch? You'd think that house would've been taped off and guarded.
I also wonder why they didn't find the trip wires when they arrested them. Were they put in after? Was the house searched for evidence before it was burned down? I get they're probably not going to divulge this information but some of the details released don't add up.
I WAS WONDERING THE SAME. and I was also wondering why they basically gave Phelps a heads up (if I understood right) instead of just recognizing the backgrounds of the pictures on what the call the dark web, getting the search warrant, It just seems to me some much needed evidence could have been lost inbetween.

I WAS WONDERING THE SAME. and I was also wondering why they basically gave Phelps a heads up (if I understood right) instead of just recognizing the backgrounds of the pictures on what the call the dark web, getting the search warrant, It just seems to me some much needed evidence could have been lost inbetween.
Welcome to WS!
They first interviewed Phelps regarding Cassidy’s disappearance on September 1, and the FBI didn’t contact local LE about the picture until September 16. So they had reason to believe she was around Phelps soon after she was reported missing and 2 weeks before they found out about the pictures.

It was an anonymous person that provided the FBI with the information about the photos. The part about them being found on the dark web is just a rumor. LE have not given the public that information.

As far as I know, this case is being handled by the Dallas County Sheriff’s office, not the FBI.

This kind of has the feeling of a "trafficking" ring. When's the last time a suspects house burnt down on the FBI's watch? You'd think that house would've been taped off and guarded.
I also wonder why they didn't find the trip wires when they arrested them. Were they put in after? Was the house searched for evidence before it was burned down? I get they're probably not going to divulge this information but some of the details released don't add up.
The case is being handled by Dallas County Sheriff’s Office not the FBI. The part about the trip wires came from a local reporter who was on the scene. Law enforcement has not confirmed this information.

I’m not seeing trafficking, because traffickers don’t generally kill the merchandise they are selling. Phelps might be involved in selling sick, depraved pictures on the internet.

It was stated on a blog website, but not in main stream media. Here 's what the Sheriff has to say about the rumor mill - Sheriff addresses fake news surrounding Cassidy Rainwater case - KOAM

On a positive note, the social media rumblings are keeping law enforcement engaged with the public while the investigation continues. It keeps reporters focused on this terrible crime and ensures there's more transparency. These people and others they've colluded with need to be held fully accountable and steps need to be taken to prevent this kind of thing in the future.

The case is being handled by Dallas County Sheriff’s Office not the FBI. The part about the trip wires came from a local reporter who was on the scene. Law enforcement has not confirmed this information.

I’m not seeing trafficking, because traffickers don’t generally kill the merchandise they are selling. Phelps might be involved in selling sick, depraved pictures on the internet.

JMO, he may also be imprisoning these women and selling access to them for sex to various men. Is that trafficking? I'm not an expert on this, but I assume it doesn't necessarily mean the victim has to be moved from one location to another.

Here's a link to Missouri statutes on sex trafficking

2016 Missouri Revised Statutes :: TITLE XXXVIII CRIMES AND PUNISHMENT; PEACE OFFICERS AND PUBLIC DEFENDERS (556-600) :: Chapter 566 Sexual Offenses :: Section 566.209 Trafficking for the purpose of sexual exploitation--penalty.

566.209. 1. A person commits the offense of trafficking for the purposes of sexual exploitation if he or she knowingly recruits, entices, harbors, transports, provides, advertises the availability of or obtains by any means, including but not limited to through the use of force, abduction, coercion, fraud, deception, blackmail, or causing or threatening to cause financial harm, another person for the use or employment of such person in a commercial sex act, sexual conduct, a sexual performance, or the production of explicit sexual material as defined in section 573.010, without his or her consent, or benefits, financially or by receiving anything of value, from participation in such activities.

2. The offense of trafficking for the purposes of sexual exploitation is a felony punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not less than five years and not more than twenty years and a fine not to exceed two hundred fifty thousand dollars. If a violation of this section was effected by force, abduction, or coercion, the offense of trafficking for the purposes of sexual exploitation is a felony punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not less than ten years or life and a fine not to exceed two hundred fifty thousand dollars.

(L. 2004 H.B. 1487, A.L. 2011 H.B. 214, A.L. 2014 S.B. 491, A.L. 2016 H.B. 1562)

Effective 1-01-17​

Wish I had not read this. That poor, poor victim. The disgusting men involved should be dead. I was warned, read it anyway. Beyond disturbing. But will Cassie's case.
This was a few years ago, but for a small rural community to have multiple cases such as this sure makes me wonder. Needless to say, my hinky meter is all the way in the red.

(Beware the links below are beyond disturbing)
Three More Defendants Sentenced in Sadomasochistic Sex Trafficking Conspiracy | USAO-WDMO | Department of Justice

A Missouri town's doubts about a sex torture case | Law and order | stltoday.com

2 incendiary devices discovered at home of Dallas county kidnapper

More details about the devices set to explode - from fire department.

What were they trying to cover up? (if they JP and Company indeed set these traps) or anyone for that matter …because anyone walking on that property including the firemen /police / neighbors could have been killed or hurt…

2 incendiary devices discovered at home of Dallas county kidnapper

More details about the devices set to explode - from fire department.

What were they trying to cover up? (if they JP and Company indeed set these traps) or anyone for that matter …because anyone walking on that property including the firemen /police / neighbors could have been killed or hurt…

This case has potential to be much bigger. I hope every last detail is investigated to the fullest.

jmo

JMO, he may also be imprisoning these women and selling access to them for sex to various men. Is that trafficking? I'm not an expert on this, but I assume it doesn't necessarily mean the victim has to be moved from one location to another.

Here's a link to Missouri statutes on sex trafficking

2016 Missouri Revised Statutes :: TITLE XXXVIII CRIMES AND PUNISHMENT; PEACE OFFICERS AND PUBLIC DEFENDERS (556-600) :: Chapter 566 Sexual Offenses :: Section 566.209 Trafficking for the purpose of sexual exploitation--penalty.

566.209. 1. A person commits the offense of trafficking for the purposes of sexual exploitation if he or she knowingly recruits, entices, harbors, transports, provides, advertises the availability of or obtains by any means, including but not limited to through the use of force, abduction, coercion, fraud, deception, blackmail, or causing or threatening to cause financial harm, another person for the use or employment of such person in a commercial sex act, sexual conduct, a sexual performance, or the production of explicit sexual material as defined in section 573.010, without his or her consent, or benefits, financially or by receiving anything of value, from participation in such activities.

2. The offense of trafficking for the purposes of sexual exploitation is a felony punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not less than five years and not more than twenty years and a fine not to exceed two hundred fifty thousand dollars. If a violation of this section was effected by force, abduction, or coercion, the offense of trafficking for the purposes of sexual exploitation is a felony punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not less than ten years or life and a fine not to exceed two hundred fifty thousand dollars.

(L. 2004 H.B. 1487, A.L. 2011 H.B. 214, A.L. 2014 S.B. 491, A.L. 2016 H.B. 1562)

Effective 1-01-17​

It is my understanding that Human Trafficking is the broader term used that may involve moving a person to exploit them for Labor and / or commercial sex.

Sex Trafficking falls under that umbrella and means any situation when you are forced against you will to engage in commercial sex - you do not have to be moved to a location for it to be considered sex trafficking. It invokes coercion or the the use of force /drugs etc. It can happy anywhere and anyplace.

From my understanding- moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members