Deceased/Not Found MO - Christian Ferguson, 9, disabled, St Louis, 11 June 2003 *dad Arrest 2019 murder & rape charges *guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Thanks Meaghan! I'm more convinced than ever that Christian's father isn't telling the whole story after reading about his friend living near where the car was found. Perhaps he neglected the child until it was too late. I cannot imagine how hard life was for that boy. I don't know what's up with the mother that she couldn't get custody of her children. But it sounds like those poor boys must have had two parents who weren't capable of taking care of a healthy child let alone one with the problems Christian had. It's so sad.

Here's some more info from http://www.rsrcriminallaw.com/news/news_a061104.htm

The first time, they examined the house the day Christian was reported missing. That same day, Dawan Ferguson cut short a police interview and said he would no longer cooperate with authorities, a stance that has not changed.
Ferguson, a bounty hunter, later arranged for private detectives to scour the home and remove anything that appeared to have value as evidence, court records and Rogers confirmed.
Police believe that Ferguson and his current wife, Monica, moved from the house on Sylvan Place the week that Christian disappeared. Ferguson later told his landlady to bar police from returning to search it again, court records show. But she gave officers permission anyway.
With the help of a locksmith, St. Louis police detectives and FBI agents began their search the night of Aug. 12 and found indications that someone might be living there after all. They returned the next day with a search warrant and seized 35 items, including four shovels, a pick, a posthole digger, a pitchfork and boxes containing medical supplies, bedding and stained clothes.
This information is on Dawan's lawyer's web site!

That dad is a liar. Why would someone steal his vehicle...drive it a few miles down the road...leave all of the equipment in it..but take his very ill son?
If they were going to rip him off they would have kept the vehicle along with the laptop, etc, and left the little boy on the curb. His explaination is just plain b.s.

Something probably happened to that little boy....lack of enough medication..and he died and the dad didn't want to be blamed. Why in the world wasn't he giving him his right amount of meds anyway? Did he want that little guy to die because he was to much trouble and cost to much to raise? He wasn't trying to save on the cost of the meds or there wouldn't have been several bottles of meds that should have already been used.
This dad is guilty and I hope that one day they can prove it. Just his not cooperating with LE tells the whole tale.

Thanks so much for all of the info on this sad case.

I live in the same town as Christian, but in the west part. Page and Skinker is a scary area to me.

Prayers for poor little Christian. :(

Something probably happened to that little boy....lack of enough medication..and he died and the dad didn't want to be blamed. Why in the world wasn't he giving him his right amount of meds anyway? Did he want that little guy to die because he was to much trouble and cost to much to raise? He wasn't trying to save on the cost of the meds or there wouldn't have been several bottles of meds that should have already been used.

I'm thinking either it was because he would sleep a lot and be easy to care for when he was undermedicated, or maybe Dawan was just irresponsible and forgetful.

Relatives Of Missing Boy Hold Out Hope For His Return

At a memorial parade and picnic held Saturday at Lexington Elementary School, Christian's mother, Theda Thomas, was asked if she's heard from members of the law enforcement task force.

"Yes, I have heard from them," Thomas said. "I just spoke with Sgt. Howell yesterday."

"I don't know what exactly is new. I know they have received some phone calls but they didn't like call me with something saying, 'Hey, we got something that's so weighty,' or anything. He didn't sound as confident, I guess, as I thought he would be, under these circumstances. But that might be due to the fact that they had done a thorough job before, presented the case and it was denied prosecution."

St. Louis Police Department spokesperson Richard Wilkes said since the task force was formed last month, there have been no tips which led to charges.

Wilkes said task force members have not yet presented their evidence to prosecutors.

Relatives Of Missing Boy Hold Out Hope For His Return

At a memorial parade and picnic held Saturday at Lexington Elementary School, Christian's mother, Theda Thomas, was asked if she's heard from members of the law enforcement task force.

"Yes, I have heard from them," Thomas said. "I just spoke with Sgt. Howell yesterday."

"I don't know what exactly is new. I know they have received some phone calls but they didn't like call me with something saying, 'Hey, we got something that's so weighty,' or anything. He didn't sound as confident, I guess, as I thought he would be, under these circumstances. But that might be due to the fact that they had done a thorough job before, presented the case and it was denied prosecution."

St. Louis Police Department spokesperson Richard Wilkes said since the task force was formed last month, there have been no tips which led to charges.

Wilkes said task force members have not yet presented their evidence to prosecutors.

I agree.. this just seems so plainly obvious...they WOULDNT leave the expensive electronics in the car if they were thieves. and why did he use a PAY phone when he had two cell phones in the car. He was not giving his son his meds for a few months...seems to me he did this because he wanted to get rid of his son. he probably didnt want to be 'bothered' with his sons medical problems, expenses etc anymore. he prob died of natural causes,they buried him somewhere, the friends helped set up the 'stolen' car scenario ...so they know the truth too.
i knew about this story, since i live in st louis but i did not know all about this father..

I remember when this story broke. I live about 40 miles south of St Louis, but know many who still live there. A lot of people suspected the father from the get go. It was all too fishy. What a horrible story. I think about Christian from time to time. I never could get his face out of my head. Just learned those details(from this thread)that he was under medicated. How selfish of the father. I read somewhere else that the mother was trying to get custody of Christian and his brother just days before he went missing. The father reportedly said something along the lines that if she got more visitation rights he would make it so she couldn't see him at all. I really hope this all isn't just to hurt the mother.

Vanishing Act: Six years after the fact, the disappearance of nine year old Christian Ferguson remains a mystery

Three years old, with baby fat still puffing out his cheeks, the boy in the video grins up at the dreadlocked woman towering over him and asking his name. "Chis-ching!" he blurts...More...

Vanishing Act: Part 2

The 911 call came in half an hour after sunrise, at 6:09 a.m. on Wednesday, June 11, 2003. From a pay phone at the southeast corner of Page Boulevard and Skinker Parkway, just inside the St. Louis city limits, Dawan Ferguson informed the dispatcher that his SUV had been stolen and his handicapped son kidnapped...More...

There are also some related stories on this case on this site as well.

Everything seems to point to dad, doesn't it?

Child severely ill.
Child undermedicated.
Last time home health nurses saw child, 3/2003.
Child supposedly being taken to the hospital, 6/2003.
If not given medications on time, would die within a day.
Dad stops to make a phone call from a pay phone.
There are 2 cell phones in the car.
Car is stolen.
Car found.
Christian, 3 yrs old, not found.

Sad to say, but I don't think Christian will ever be found.

Just hoping that his dad will be found guilty, perhaps with new
forensic evidence.

Missing child walk held for Christian Ferguson

This month marks seven years since the disappearance of Christian Ferguson.

His father says the 9 year old was inside an SUV that was stolen in St. Louis. The SUV was found, but Christian was not.

Saturday Christian's mother, Theda Thomas, organized a parade at Page and Skinker, the spot where her son disappeared.

"It's events like this one that make this possible. Individuals coming together to support our efforts to bring about an awareness of missing person cases that's going to bring about justice and make all the difference," says Thomas.

Supporters marched seven miles, one for each year Christian has been missing.

More: http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=205091&catid=3

Walk commemorates missing boy

Before Theda Thomas began a walk Saturday morning to mark the seventh anniversary of the disappearance of her son, Christian Ferguson, she prayed with friends and family by the pay phone where he was reported missing.

[snip]

Thomas, 38, said Saturday she believes her son is dead and wants to find his body. She said she walks so people don't forget about her son. But she also wants people to be inspired to report abuse and neglect and to call attention to her anger about how her son's case has been handled by authorities.

More: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/article_4f0bdafe-ca3c-58bf-9240-234f9a3ceb24.html

This is a heartbreaking story! I pray they find this angel so he can be laid to rest, properly. I have to believe that the evil man who did this (even worse since it was his own daddy), will one day, answer before the highest court, and be sentenced accordingly. Stay strong, mama, and know that many of us, are praying for you and Christian.

Christian's mother was on Nancy Grace tonight. Her show America's Missing. It was about Hasanni Campbell tonight, but Nancy took her call and promised to try to get Christian on also.

Why on earth was the child out in a diaper and blanket only.. I realize he was disabled hence the diaper.. but a 9 yr old child would want to be dressed it's not like the middle of summer and you have an infant laying on a blanket on the floor.. that is REALLY hinky to me :( Poor child :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back