MO MO - Christopher Hoye, 33, Waynesville, 19 May 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

TwinkieDefense

Reaction score
May 20, 2022 article - requests to contact the sheriff’s department at 573-774-6196 with any information.

[…]

Photos provided by the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department show Hoye is a white male, with short, brown hair and facial hair. He may be wearing glasses. When last seen, he was wearing dark shorts and a t-shirt.

[…]

March 23, 2023 article -

[…]

As of Thursday, Only 418 of Missouri’s 597 missing person cases are in NamUs, which stores identification information like DNA, dental records, and fingerprints. Thirteen states, including Arkansas, passed legislation mandating law enforcement to use NamUs. Missouri does not require it. The database is touted as ‘a vital tool for investigators’ and helped solve ‘more than 2,700 missing persons cases.’

[…]

After On Your Side told Hoye that Chris was not in the database, she got to work. She submitted the information. It was verified and now Chris has this profile.

[…]

May 23, 2023 article - still missing

[…]

Last May he disappeared near Dixon, Missouri. His truck was found with keys inside by the Veterans Bridge off Highway 28. Deputies searched the water and woods. He did not take his phone, computer, or even his wallet.

[…]

Officers we talked to use NCIC, the National Crime Information Center. It’s a resource for officers. On NAMUS, anyone can see the missing. But again, Missouri is not required to use it.

When we first talked to Alysha, On Your Side told her Chris was not in NAMUS. Alysha was able to submit Chris’ information. After it was vetted, his case was published in the database.

[…]

Christopher's case is feature in this weeks Vanished Podcast

Oct 29, 2023 article - indicates left home with no personal belongings.

[…]

His wife, Alysha Hoye, said she heard him leave the house, and when she asked their son where Christopher had gone, he said he didn’t know. The son said his dad had told him to go to his room just before he left.

[…]

I just watched the Disappeared episode. A few months earlier, Chris had seen people on his property and went tearing off after them in his truck. I wonder if he took his phone and wallet then or just grabbed his keys and went. I'm thinking about a similar scenario when he left that final time.

His ex-girlfriend (mother of two of his children) was wanting the kids back. I wonder if he spotted her car on his property, told his son to go to his room to keep him safe, and then grabbed his keys to go out to confront her. Total speculation here, but maybe after a short chase, they stopped and something happened. It wasn't totally clear from the episode how quickly after Chris's disappearance the ex said she was taking the children, but Chris's aunt and his wife wondered how she could have found out so quickly. A flaw in this scenario is Chris's truck ending up at a place the family regularly went to swim; it doesn't seem like the ex would have known about this place.

If Chris had seen the people he had previously given chase to and gone after them again, it seems like he would have taken his phone and a weapon as they had threatened him and then repeated harassed him after the incident.

Dec 6, 2023 article

[…]

House Bill 1716 requires all missing persons to enter the NamUs system within thirty days. NamUs stores identification information like DNA, dental records, and fingerprints.

[…]

Thirteen states, including Arkansas, require law enforcement to use NamUs.

[…]

Chris Hoye, the husband of Alyshe Hoye, has been missing since May 2022, vanishing near Dixon, outside Rolla. His truck was discovered with the keys inside, but he left behind his phone, computer, and wallet.

“I hope he comes home. I hope they find him,” expressed Alyshe.

“I’m just really shocked that we have this free resource and to find out that law enforcement across Missouri doesn’t know that it exists,” stated Missouri State Representative Tricia Byrnes. She has now prefiled legislation that would require police in the state to enter information about missing persons.

“This is so traumatic and hits everyone’s heart. It’s going to be Missourians that will pull the timeline on this right,” she added.

The proposed bill is welcome news to Chris’ wife. “That is great. That is really great. A little good has come from this,” said Hoye.

While the database is free, DNA testing is not. Byrnes is also seeking a solution to close the funding gap for testing on the more than 120 unidentified bodies in the Show-Me State.

Casefile added June 6 2024

Christopher J. Hoye​

• hoye_christopher.jpg
  • hoye_christopher2.jpg

Details of Disappearance​

Hoye was last seen in Waynesville, Missouri on May 19, 2022. He left his phone, computer and wallet behind, and has never been heard from again. After his disappearance, his truck was found near the Veterans Bridge off Highway 28, with the keys inside it. This was not far from his home. Few details are available in Hoye's case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back