GUILTY MO - Clauddinnea 'Dee Dee' Blancharde, 48, Springfield, 10 June 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don’t think Gypsy should have every gone to jail!!! Talk about a lifetime of abuse.
I watched the show about Gypsy on the ID channel last night. I would agree Gypsy suffered a lifetime of abuse. I believe she didn't know how to get out of this abuse and saw Godejohn as her way out. I don't think she knew what really happened to her mother until it was over. Very sad case! jmo moo

Rod Blanchard is standing by his daughter Gypsy Rose Blanchard, the young Missouri woman who is serving 10 years in prison for second-degree murder in her mother’s death.

The bizarre case is the subject of Investigation Discovery’s new documentary “Gypsy’s Revenge,” which delves into the reasons behind Dee Dee Blanchard’s stabbing death and its aftermath with interviews with those closest to the family — including a new interview behind bars with Gypsy, 26, that provides insight about how years of apparent manipulation turned into matricide.

Gypsy Rose Blanchard’s father says murdered mom Dee Dee ‘asked for what she got,’ speaks out on shocking abuse in doc

I don't think Gypsy believed she could escape. She tried but mother found her and brought her back. Luckily in Turpin's case police actually took it seriously and didn't just bring the girl back to the home.

I've dealt with SPD twice now oncr involving an abuse and harassment case where the abuser travelled more than 1,0000 mikes to harrass my family and a secons time where a political candidate implied threata to my home and family.

This area of Missouri has an extremely high incidence of abuse/dv and assault. Nothing was ever done about these two people and incidents and one of them.. TheSPD desk jockey refused to let me file a report and then lied to the news media about it (that harassment case made the news). Spd is overwhelmed and does not want to do shxt about shxt, which is exactly how Gypsy ended up feeling so hopeless. Im friends with Kristy and have discussed this with her.

Jury Seated in Nicholas Godejohn's Murder Trial

SPRINGFIELD, Mo.--A total of fifteen people including three alternates will be serving on the jury in the much-anticipated trial of 29-year-old Nicholas Godejohn.

Godejohn is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Dee Dee Blanchard-the mother of his ex-girlfriend Gypsy Blanchard in June of 2015 in Springfield.

Nine women and six men will be serving on the jury. The jury won't be sequestered, but the judge ordered them not to do any research on the case whether it be through social media or looking at old television interviews.

Opening statements start on Tuesday and the trial is expected to be finished by the end of next week.

IMO this is going to be an interesting trial. I don't know how the jury will deal with Godejohn's autism, given that it doesn't mean he wasn't able to discern right from wrong but at the same time his ability to make appropriate decisions may be compromised. I assume his defense will have expert witnesses to explain the impact his autism had in the murder.

Such a sad case all around. I recently saw a snippet of an interview with Gypsy and she seemed to have come a long way from what we saw back in 2015. What a waste of a young life thanks to a greedy, selfish mother. Nobody wins. MOO.

One of the most highly-publicized murders in Greene County history is going to trial this week.

Opening statements are scheduled for Tuesday morning in the Nicholas Godejohn trial.

Godejohn, 29, is charged with first-degree murder in the June 2015 killing of 48-year-old Clauddine “Dee Dee” Blanchard.

Prosecutors allege that Godejohn stabbed Blanchard to death in a home on Volunteer Way just north of the Springfield city limits.

To follow the trial this week, visit News-Leader.com for updates from the courtroom.

Blanchard murder trial begins Tuesday in Springfield

News and Leader does have viewer limits! You will have to keep clearing out your cookies to keep viewing after so many visits. jmo

it will be live streamed via law and crime network

Such a sad case all around. I recently saw a snippet of an interview with Gypsy and she seemed to have come a long way from what we saw back in 2015. What a waste of a young life thanks to a greedy, selfish mother. Nobody wins. MOO.

I agree with you MsMarple! It is such a very sad case for everyone involved. Gypsy being manipulated by her mother and then comes Nicholas. It will be interesting to see how much he really knew what was going on. I think Nicholas should serve time in prison but life, no way. jmo

Opening statements are scheduled for Tuesday morning in the Nicholas Godejohn trial.
Prosecutors cut a deal with Gypsy Blanchard in 2016, giving her a 10-year sentence when she pleaded guilty to second-degree murder.

There has been no such deal for Godejohn, who allegedly came to Springfield from Wisconsin to commit the murder after meeting Gypsy Blanchard through an online dating website.

Blanchard murder trial begins Tuesday in Springfield

Jen's Trial Diaries on Twitter
Jen's Trial Diaries‏ @TrialDiariesJ 2m2 minutes ago
Defense is up for openings #NicholasGodejohn

Jen's Trial Diaries‏ @TrialDiariesJ 1h1 hour ago
Jen's Trial Diaries Retweeted Wild About Trial

Opening statements begin this morning in the #DeeDeeBlanchard murder trial. #NicholasGodejohn is accused of killing #GypsyBlanchard's mother Dee Dee. WATCH LIVE HERE!

Jen's Trial Diaries‏ @TrialDiariesJ 7m7 minutes ago
While Dee Dee is laying dead in bedroom Gypsy and #NicholasGodejohn go in Gypsys room and have sex

Jen's Trial Diaries‏ @TrialDiariesJ 10m10 minutes ago
Dee Dee had deep cuts to her neck #NicholasGodejohn

Jen's Trial Diaries‏ @TrialDiariesJ 43m43 minutes ago
Trial is on a break until 9:55 #nicholasgodejohn

Jen's Trial Diaries‏ @TrialDiariesJ 11m11 minutes ago
#NicholasGodejohn stabbed Dee Dee while she was asleep in her bed. He straddled her and began stabbing

Jen's Trial Diaries‏ @TrialDiariesJ 23m23 minutes ago
Jury instructions are wrapped #NicholasGodejohn

Jen's Trial Diaries‏ @TrialDiariesJ 8m8 minutes ago
According to #NicholasGodejohn computer search history and text messages this was a premeditated murder

Jen's Trial Diaries‏ @TrialDiariesJ 23m23 minutes ago
Opening statements have begun in the trial of #NicholasGodejohn

#NicholasGodejohn considered raping Dee Dee

Jen's Trial Diaries‏ @TrialDiariesJ 19m19 minutes ago
Facebook posts led neighbors to become concerned with Dee Dee’s well being. She was found dead in her house and Gypsy is missing #NicholasGodejohn

Jen's Trial Diaries‏ @TrialDiariesJ 17m17 minutes ago
#NicholasGodejohn realizes that Gypsys mom will never let them be together. They even tried to get pregnant to make it happen

Jen's Trial Diaries‏ @TrialDiariesJ 12m12 minutes ago
#NicholasGodejohn had Gypsy clean up her own mothers blood naked because it “turned him on”

Jen's Trial Diaries‏ @TrialDiariesJ 19m19 minutes ago
Gypsy was found with #NicholasGodejohn

According to state the evidence will show #NicholasGodejohn was excited to kill Dee Dee and even wanted to wear something that would scare her

Jen's Trial Diaries‏ @TrialDiariesJ 9m9 minutes ago
Defense is up for openings #NicholasGodejohn

Defense will show #NicholasGodejohn is Autistic. The umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck at birth.

#NicholasGodejohn had an absentee mother

#NicholasGodejohn spent a lot of time on the Internet where he eventually met Gypsy Blanchard

The defense is telling the jury what Gypsy experienced with her mother “Munchausen syndrome by proxy” #NicholasGodejohn

Defense is explaining Gypsy formulated the plan to kill her mother. Gypsy stole money from her mom to get #NicholasGodejohn in town to commit the murder

Gypsy got the knife and things #NicholasGodejohn needed to proceed with murder

Jen's Trial Diaries‏ @TrialDiariesJ 5m5 minutes ago
First witness is on the stand a Sheriff Deputy #NicholasGodejohn

The Sheriff Deputy responded to neighbors concerns and went to the residence to check on Dee Dee and Gypsy #NicholasGodejohn

Jen's Trial Diaries‏ @TrialDiariesJ 1m1 minute ago
Things are moving quickly. Second witness on stand investigates fire and explosives #NicholasGodejohn

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeniseD
Back