GUILTY MO - Clauddinnea 'Dee Dee' Blancharde, 48, Springfield, 10 June 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope she does get the help she needs, I just fear if she ever got a husband she's "need to escape" that too.

I think that so called 'mother' got what she deserved. She ruined her child's life and created a monster.

It is really hard for me to put much blame on Gypsy. Her mother began abusing her, and playing sick, twisted mental games with her , when she was a toddler.
She was never allowed to go to school, visit family or friends. She was forced into a wheel chair, for no reason. All so that Mom could 'benefit' socially and financially, for having a sick child with special needs.

It takes a sick sick woman to do something so evil to her child.

I don't think she doesn't deserve anything but she needs mental help and she won't get that in prison. She'll become part of the system.
I Would say 5 years and then a rehab program with mental health help or something

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Prison and/or inpatient mental health help was what I was hoping for too. No one could come out of what she endured without being a manipulative mental health mess. Plotting to kill her mother and getting someone else to do it shows me that. I feel awful for what she was put through, but all she knows is gaming the system and saying the right words to get what her mother wanted. She will have to learn to make a very conscious decision not to continue doing that.

By the way :welcome: to Websleuths. :seeya:

Groan. I cant stand Dr Phil, but Gypsy is fascinating. Ten years sounds fine by me. I feel for the girl but daaayum, she did orchestrate he mama's death. Not that I blame her, but that victim card has done expired, baby girl.

What do you mean, her victim card has expired? She remained isolated and abused literally until her mother was deceased. The poor girl basically has to re-learn everything she was ever taught about life.

I feel like 10 years is a reasonable sentence for her because she did know that murder was wrong, but I believe she really didn't think she would have any other way out.

What do you mean, her victim card has expired? She remained isolated and abused literally until her mother was deceased. The poor girl basically has to re-learn everything she was ever taught about life.

I feel like 10 years is a reasonable sentence for her because she did know that murder was wrong, but I believe she really didn't think she would have any other way out.
Re-learning everything includes all the manipulative games her mama taught her, and that victim card is at the top of the play list.

Ten years is not too long IMO. Yes, I pity her but the normal world doesn't play by Deedee's rules and she doesn't get special treatment for choosing murder as an out.

Time to record over the old tapes and learn new coping skills. I wish she could have access to a good mental health support system to help her but those are few and far between. MOO

Re-learning everything includes all the manipulative games her mama taught her, and that victim card is at the top of the play list.

Ten years is not too long IMO. Yes, I pity her but the normal world doesn't play by Deedee's rules and she doesn't get special treatment for choosing murder as an out.

Time to record over the old tapes and learn new coping skills. I wish she could have access to a good mental health support system to help her but those are few and far between. MOO

100% agree. She murdered her way out, well actually manipulated another person to do it for her

I am watching the documentary Mommy Dead and Dearest about the case on HBO right now. There is no commentary, just Gypsy, family, LE, experts talking, and there's a lot of original coverage, interrogation footage, home videos, and photos.
DeeDee's father (I believe it was her father) straight up says she got what she deserved, and Dr. Marc Feldman (the Munchausen expert) likens the murder to someone in captivity killing their captor so that they can break free.

It's a very surreal case with highly disturbed individuals. It's just all very sad.
I feel absolutely awful for what Gypsy had gone through with a sociopath for a mother, yet I don't feel like a lot of what she says can be trusted - not necessarily as far as stories go, it is more about how helpless she really was. I am not sure she was as helpless as she claims. If I am wrong, I apologize.
It's a sad case.

MOO

I am watching the documentary Mommy Dead and Dearest about the case on HBO right now. There is no commentary, just Gypsy, family, LE, experts talking, and there's a lot of original coverage, interrogation footage, home videos, and photos.
DeeDee's father (I believe it was her father) straight up says she got what she deserved, and Dr. Marc Feldman (the Munchausen expert) likens the murder to someone in captivity killing their captor so that they can break free.

MOO

See, i could maybe buy that if Gypsy had actually snapped and killed her. Her mother tortured her her whole life, and with all the psychological abuse, I can even understand that she would end up in a place where she felt the only way out was to kill her. But she didn't kill her, she manipulated someone else into doing it.

I feel awfully sorry for her, but I don't know how much 'rehabilitation' is possible. She has learnt to survive by manipulating, and even if she had the best mental healthcare in the world available to her, is that something that can be unpicked? Watching her interview on Dr Phil, and even footage in the documentary, there doesn't seen to be anything real about her, she's just saying the right things in the right places.

I don't know what the answer is, but i think she's surrounded by people who are telling her that what she did was the right thing, and that is secretly how she feels. I hope she gets help, but I won't lie, when she gets out in a few years, I wouldn't want to be her neighbour :scared:

I knew nothing of this case until seeing it on Dr. Phil. The whole thing is awful :(. I don't understand how she had so many surgeries if nothing was actually wrong with her. How did they get doctors to do the surgeries??

I knew nothing of this case until seeing it on Dr. Phil. The whole thing is awful :(. I don't understand how she had so many surgeries if nothing was actually wrong with her. How did they get doctors to do the surgeries??

Easy peasey. It happens a lot. Here’s a case in Oregon. Several surgeries by a neurosurgeon. Amazingly, the child recovered when removed from Mom who was a money grabbing “my kid is dying” blogger. Non-members won’t be able to get to the WS thread in the basement but can google Kate Parker. Unfortunately, she got probation.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2016/02/stay-at-home_mom_accused_of_fo.html

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...edical-child-abuse-quot&highlight=Kate+Parker

Dr.Phil
Gypsy Rose Blanchard

SHE is beautiful woman now.
What a tragic life she had.

https://youtu.be/x9KgEn8mSVM
1320af7d91ff45ee8e1022dcca6e5b7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I feel awfully sorry for her, but I don't know how much 'rehabilitation' is possible. She has learnt to survive by manipulating, and even if she had the best mental healthcare in the world available to her, is that something that can be unpicked? Watching her interview on Dr Phil, and even footage in the documentary, there doesn't seen to be anything real about her, she's just saying the right things in the right places.

RSBM
I don't know the answer to how successful her rehabilitation might be, but I tend to agree with you that the chances of success are probably low.

In the HBO documentary, she actually does say that her mother had taught her to lie really well. Which I assume she means she needed to do it to be able to fool everyone around them the way DeeDee wanted her to fool them, and she might not even realize that she had lost herself along the way.
MOO

Because mother would go to a doctor and claim that a child has all the symptoms. The child is young so doctors just go with what mother claims. Not that unusual in Munchausen by proxy cases.

Because mother would go to a doctor and claim that a child has all the symptoms. The child is young so doctors just go with what mother claims. Not that unusual in Munchausen by proxy cases.

But were they exploratory surgeries?

But were they exploratory surgeries?

Exploratory? I haven't heard anything about exploratory surgeries. She had a feeding tube inserted. Feeding tube is extremely common in Munchausen by Proxy victims.

It's a very surreal case with highly disturbed individuals. It's just all very sad.
I feel absolutely awful for what Gypsy had gone through with a sociopath for a mother, yet I don't feel like a lot of what she says can be trusted - not necessarily as far as stories go, it is more about how helpless she really was. I am not sure she was as helpless as she claims. If I am wrong, I apologize.
It's a sad case.

MOO

Gypsy was bald, without teeth, wearing huge glasses, in wheelchair, with a feeding tube, looking much younger than her age and very thin and small (presumably because she was not getting enough nutrients). Obviously that's not the way she actually wanted to be. I have no trouble believing she was helpless to stop what her mother was doing. I think its obvious she just wanted to do normal things that people her age were doing, not pretending to be a mentally and physically disabled child.

Dee Dee was getting money out of pretending her child was sick (malingering), and the attention from all the doctors (Munchausen by Proxy). What was Gypsy getting out of it? Except all the unnecessary medical treatments and not being able to do normal things other people were doing. Gypsy didn't even get an education, so how could she actually get a job? Dee Dee was clearly not willing to let Gypsy go, even when Gypsy became an adult. I don't think Gypsy saw a way out other than what happened.

After watching those videos... I dunno... I think she may have been better off taking her chances with a jury.

Just hearing the litany of diagnoses she had, and the massive list of unnecessary, and *harmful* meds she was on... if I were on the jury there's no way I could have voted guilty to 2nd degree. Maybe voluntary manslaughter.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

After watching those videos... I dunno... I think she may have been better off taking her chances with a jury.

Just hearing the litany of diagnoses she had, and the massive list of unnecessary, and *harmful* meds she was on... if I were on the jury there's no way I could have voted guilty to 2nd degree. Maybe voluntary manslaughter.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jury was a risky option because you never know what they are going to do. At least with 10 years she will get out while still young. I think given the horrible abuse she should have gotten a better plea deal from the prosecution.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back