Found Deceased MO - Darnell Gray, 4, Jefferson City, 24 Oct 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am still amazed that this is all she is being charged with, especially after evidence went to Grand Jury.

JMO

Woman in Darnell Gray death case requests venue change
Givens charged with child abuse causing death

Quatavia Givens' public defender on Sunday filed a motion seeking the change in the case involving the death of 4-year-old Darnell Gray, according to online court records. Police have said Givens was Gray's caregiver. The boy's body was found in some woods near a residential area of Jefferson City in late October after several days of searching.

I expect this request to be granted. Also I expect a request for change of Judge and that to be granted also, unless they do both at the same time. JMO's

Givens charged with child abuse causing death

Quatavia Givens' public defender on Sunday filed a motion seeking the change in the case involving the death of 4-year-old Darnell Gray, according to online court records. Police have said Givens was Gray's caregiver. The boy's body was found in some woods near a residential area of Jefferson City in late October after several days of searching.

I expect this request to be granted. Also I expect a request for change of Judge and that to be granted also, unless they do both at the same time. JMO's
IMOO
She can request and receive both a new judge and venue. I don't think it will change the outcome of her being found guilty at all.

She confessed to have "hitting him wrong" and his body was found where she said it would be. Not hard for the jury to connect the dots I hope and pray. I am so sick of these defendants who harm innocent!! :mad:

Not directing any of this toward you jggordo my anger is strictly for the defendant.

I am in hopes that her Counsel goes ahead and asks for a new Judge now and gets it out of the way so as not to waste any more Court time. It is pretty much a given in Missouri in regard to change of Judge. I'm also in hopes that this case inevitably ends up in Greene County (Springfiled,MO) and in Judge Mountjoy's Court. He is the one over the Hailey Owens trial. When the Jury coughed on the DP phase, Mountjoy went ahead and sentenced the defendant to the DP. So far it has been upheld on appeal.

JMO

from the article posted by jggordo

Her arraignment is set for Jan. 9 before Judge Patricia Joyce.

I agree with you girlhasnoname:
She confessed to have "hitting him wrong" and his body was found where she said it would be. Not hard for the jury to connect the dots I hope and pray. I am so sick of these defendants who harm innocent!

01/03/2019 Arraignment Scheduled
Scheduled For: 01/15/2019; 1:00 PM ; JON EDWARD BEETEM; Cole Circuit

01/02/2019 Hearing/Trial Cancelled
Scheduled For: 01/09/2019; 9:00 AM ; PATRICIA S JOYCE; Cole Circuit
Judge Assigned
Order for Change of Judge
Case assigned to DIV 1 and set for 1-15-19 at 1 pm. PSJ/rlo
Order
Protective order for medical and treatment records for MG who was treated at Community health center. PSJ/rlo
Order
Protective order for medical and treatment records for dft who was treated at Community heath center. PSJ/rlo
Order
Protective order for medical and treatment records of MG who was treated at Capital Region. PSJ/rlo

per casenet.mo

Judge Assigned
Order
Protective order for medical and treatment records for MG who was treated at Community health center. PSJ/rlo
Order
Protective order for medical and treatment records for dft who was treated at Community heath center. PSJ/rlo
Order
Protective order for medical and treatment records of MG who was treated at Capital Region. PSJ/rlo

per casenet.mo

BBM
Who is MG and dft that needed treatment at a Health Center and why would that delay the case?
I am confused by those initials.

4-year-old Darnell Gray found dead in Jefferson City

JEFFERSON CITY - The search for 4-year-old Darnell Gray has reached a tragic end.

He was found on Tuesday around noon in Jefferson City, in an area that had been identified but not previously searched, according to Jefferson City Police Lt. David Williams.

“Foul play was not suspected until we found Darnell’s body,” Williams said.

He said the way Darnell died was "not of his own accord," but did not announce a cause of death.

“There’s not a lot of things we could say,” Williams said.

Darnell had been reported missing since last Thursday morning, and his caregiver said she last saw him Wednesday between 11 p.m. and midnight.

Woe is me, a sweet young boy who was missing for days' was found dead, and this tragedy garnered this lukewarm response from LE? Holy Moly... gotta get better at helping the poor and forgotten, are you kidding me????????????????

Darnell, we're so sorry you were taken from us as a youngster, you were meant to have a good, long life, we wanted and needed you here with us... and we're so sorry if you suffered, it wasn't meant to be this way for you...

Love you forever and a day, sweet fellow, looking forward to meeting you on the other side, rest in peace!!

Twistinginthewind there is a portion of a report done by KRCG TV as to the impact this case has had on the LE and Community. LEO worked on their own off time to help search, etc. There is a lot in this case that has NOT been covered for the very reason of the change of venue request. Nobody, including reporters wanted to give her a reason to get a change approved. It is post #35.

I live here and trust me there was nothing remotely close to a "lukewarm response" from LE or the media for that matter. So I have respectfully disagree with your first sentence.

JMO

Judge Assigned
Order
Order
Order

per casenet.mo

So.... from what I understand on this - there is a hearing on 1/9, and her arraignment is on 1/15.
Correct? :)

So.... from what I understand on this - there is a hearing on 1/9, and her arraignment is on 1/15.
Correct? :)

The proceeding for the 9th of January has been cancelled since a request for a change of Judge was requested and it was sustained. It was then assigned to a new Judge, coincidentally the same Judge that is proceeding over the triple murder suspect in the Samara Kitt case and same Courthouse.

Tuesday, January 15th:
*Arraignment Hearing – (@ 1pm ET) - MO – Darnell S. Gray (4) (missing Oct. 25, 2018, Jefferson City, found Oct. 30, 2018) – *Quatavia Lwoun Givens (26) (ex-gf of father) arrested & charged (10/31/18) & arraigned (11/8/18) with 1st degree child abuse resulting in death. Indicted (12/18/18) with felony abuse or neglect of a child. No bond.
Arraignment hearing on 11/8/18. Def. asks for public defender, did not enter plea. Judge set bond hearing. Complaint read to defendant. Public Defender appointed to represent defendant. Continued to jail docket to set Preliminary hearing on 11/15. 11/13/18: Order for fingerprints for Givens. Motion filed for caseload conference. 11/15/18: Hearing rescheduled for 11/29. 11/29/18: Hearing moved to 1/23/19.
12/28/18: Filed Motion for Change of Venue (out of Cole County) & change of Judge. Arraignment hearing on 1/15.

Suspect in Darnell Gray case pleads not guilty
Woman accused of fatally abusing 4-year-old

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - The woman accused of abusing 4-year-old Darnell Gray and causing his death in Jefferson City pleaded not guilty Tuesday in a Cole County courtroom.

Givens' attorney also asked Tuesday for a change fo venue.

Givens' next appearance is scheduled for Feb. 26.

Woman accused of fatally abusing 4-year-old

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. - The woman accused of abusing 4-year-old Darnell Gray and causing his death in Jefferson City pleaded not guilty Tuesday in a Cole County courtroom.

Givens' attorney also asked Tuesday for a change fo venue.

Givens' next appearance is scheduled for Feb. 26.

Thanks for the update @jggordo, came looking to see what happened today. Of course the coward pleads not guilty after having admitted to "hitting him wrong". Makes me physically sick it really does. That's okay, her day will come and she's locked up where she won't be able to hurt anyone else.

Plea/Trial Setting Scheduled
Scheduled For: 02/26/2019; 1:00 PM ; JON EDWARD BEETEM; Cole Circuit
Hearing Held
State by APA Thompson. Defendant in person by video. 02/26/2019 at 1 pm to resolve venue issue. /s/JEB/jw

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back