Found Deceased MO - Darnell Gray, 4, Jefferson City, 24 Oct 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Several authorities are in the pond that is being drained. I also saw a dog sniffing around the pond for any scents. @KOMUnews

Ethan Illers on Twitter

I also saw an officer and a dog head into the woods to continue the search, but the focus appears to still be in the pond for now. @KOMUnews

Ethan Illers on Twitter

Lt. David Williams of the Jefferson City Police Department said at a press conference this morning that there are no updates to Gray’s whereabouts. His description remains the same and an award leading to his finding is at $11,000. @KOMUnews

Ethan Illers on Twitter

Lt. Williams also said as soon as new information is available, a release will be sent out. If no new information is available, a release will be sent out confirming no new information is available. @KOMUnews

Ethan Illers on Twitter

“More than 100 law officers and other first-responders are involved in the search for a 4-year-old boy who disappeared from his Jefferson City home last week.”

Snip

“"We have expanded our search to include the entire city, but I will not give specific locations," Williams said. "We are using all resources possible to find this boy."“

Law officers expand search for boy, drain pond

—-

(The “entire city”—-that would be 37.58 miles according to Wiki:
Jefferson City, Missouri - Wikipedia.)

ETA:

“Jefferson City is on the northern edge of the Ozark Plateau on the southern side of the Missouri River in a region known as Mid-Missouri. It is also at the western edge of one of the major wine-producing regions of the Midwest, the Missouri Rhineland. The city is dominated by the domed Capitol, which rises from a bluff overlooking the Missouri River to the north;“

(—this is the second time I’m reading/learning about the “Ozark Plateau” recently (Eden Hines). WS has most certainly improved my knowledge geography.)

Last edited:
I can't with these stupid freaking cases.

I'm sorry, I'm likely jumping the gun, but I wouldn't know if 47 goldfish were missing from my house, so the fact that they are so precise about what is missing with him (the juice boxes and cookies) makes my hinky meter go off. I'm praying and asking forgiveness at the same time, because I really really hope I'm wrong.

Yes! As a mom a bell went off in my head. Unless they had just gone shopping and all the packages were unopened, how would they know what was missing? My kids AND bf sneak snacks constantly I have no idea what we have most of the time. They seem very certain about it and thats weird to me...

Here is a close up picture of the pond authorities drained as part of the search effort for Darnell Gray. @KOMUnews

View attachment 153358

Ethan Illers on Twitter
God Bless LE for taking the actions they are to find this little one.
EVERYTHING about this smells so rotten. No one can seem to get their stories straight.
I'm so disturbed.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I can't get past the juice and cookies. I do feel like juice and cookies do play into his dissappearance. moo

What if little Darnell was harmed after taking juice and cookies without permission?

How many cases have we followed where there was a small bit of truth in every lie?

Sherin Mathews was murdered over not drinking her milk. Father lied and said he made her stand in the alley for not drinking her milk.

Not feeling hopeful for little Darnell.

I can't get past the juice and cookies. I do feel like juice and cookies do play into his dissappearance. moo

What if little Darnell was harmed after taking juice and cookies without permission?

How many cases have we followed where there was a small bit of truth in every lie?

Sherin Mathews was murdered over not drinking her milk. Father lied and said he made her stand in the alley for not drinking her milk.

Not feeling hopeful for little Darnell.

Insightful, alwaysonmymind.

According to the washing machine article, Darnell is missing two front teeth. I wonder why and when. Since three is too early to lose baby teeth and the photos I'm seeing don't have missing teeth.

Not that it matters much in the grand scheme of things, but I thought it was an odd detail to have tucked away in the middle of an article when we know all about the clothes and snack he supposedly took with him.

Police: Flurry of activity at missing child's home not connected to search
"Gray is described as 3 1/2 to 4 feet tall, weighing approximately 50 pounds. He is missing two front teeth and has Mongolian Spots on the back of his legs. He is suspected to be wearing a black, fur-lined coat, Mickey Mouse hat and gloves, red Spiderman Velcro shoes and possibly a Black Panther backpack."
Unfortunately, I've seen kids younger than him missing their front teeth because their parent's bottle fed them soda to keep them happy and quiet and neglected basic dental care. It could have been a bicycle fall, but more likely nutrition related.
Sometimes when LE goes to a home (homes) to investigate a case like this they run onto other things in the process such as drugs or other things that has to be addressed as well. What starts out to be one case ends up being several, maybe not even having to do with each other.

Just saw a live report from Jeff City regarding this case. Nothing really new, mainly about how many people have shown up to search.

JMO
I read in our agency records an old case (now public knowledge) of what looked to be a vehicular accident, except the woman's head injuries were post mortem. Someone just wanted LE to think she had a fatal head injury. Autopsy revealed a slug in her brain. Husband was found at the scene, as was an empty bottle. Uninjured and realizing no one was going to by the staging he drank himself to death.
Likely looking for blood, moo.
The washer was being removed by two guys in plain clothes into a personal truck. LE does NOT remove evidence in that manner and they could have tested for blood with luminol with a warrant. I do not think it was related to the case.

There are a whole bunch of Missouri State Highway Patrol vehicles here, as well as Jefferson City Police vehicles. @KOMUnews

Ethan Illers on Twitter

I was just told Lincoln University Police, the Cole County Sheriff’s Department and the Cole County Sheriff’s Posse are also here helping with search efforts. @KOMUnews

Ethan Illers on Twitter

Unfortunately, I've seen kids younger than him missing their front teeth because their parent's bottle fed them soda to keep them happy and quiet and neglected basic dental care. It could have been a bicycle fall, but more likely nutrition related.

I read in our agency records an old case (now public knowledge) of what looked to be a vehicular accident, except the woman's head injuries were post mortem. Someone just wanted LE to think she had a fatal head injury. Autopsy revealed a slug in her brain. Husband was found at the scene, as was an empty bottle. Uninjured and realizing no one was going to by the staging he drank himself to death.

The washer was being removed by two guys in plain clothes into a personal truck. LE does NOT remove evidence in that manner and they could have tested for blood with luminol with a warrant. I do not think it was related to the case.

The above bolded by me..maybe this could have been an item that was defaulted on from a rental place. They perhaps were there overseeing the removal and return of property? Trying to be careful of how worded here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member