Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ughhhhh.
I hate this website. I swear. All the little loves that wouldn't break my heart if I never heard of this place.

Lucas
Caylee
Haley
Sterling
Chance
Erica
Victoria
Dylan
Jesse
Jordan
Isabel
Lisa
Tyr
Joe

And now sweet, bright eyed little Darnell. Likely soon to be followed by Hazana.

I shouldn't be able to name this many babies killed by those who should have been nurturing and hugging them, off the top of my head. Devastated. :(
Heartbreaking
Zarah Baker
Christian choates
So so many xx

My line of work used to deal heavily with CPS, and I agree: it's a mess. What is worse, though, is that the caseworkers know it is a mess and are powerless to do anything. They are woefully underfunded and overworked.

I remember meeting with a caseworker at her office and there were files stacked to the ceiling; it was literally almost like a hoarder's den with only a small path to her desk, which was barely visible. I said, "Wow! Are these from all the kids you've ever worked with?" and she laughed and said, "Girl, no. Those are in the file room. These are just the kids I have to follow up on this month." That was years ago and it still stays with me.

Yet, year after year, I see reckless politicians slashing social/welfare programs. People don't realize child protection is in the same budget. We need to make taking care of kids a priority.
ITA

I'm sure this was posted
45167808_10156783023734181_5664961915240054784_n.jpg

More:
Darnell’s body was found in a wooded area after Davis told investigators she knew where the body was, according to the statement.

She reportedly told police that she hurt the child, saying “I may have hit him wrong,” the statement said.

An autopsy found several injuries caused by blunt force trauma and sharp force trauma on the boy’s body.

Police have not specified the relationship between Givens and Darnell’s family. No other children lived at the apartment.
Caregiver charged in death of boy, 4, she reported missing

Kijuanis Gray said he is no longer with Darnell's mother, who lives in Chicago. He moved to Missouri a few years ago because he "wanted a better life" for himself and his son, and brought his son to Missouri six months ago.

Recently, however, Gray returned to Chicago to visit is sick mother and asked his then-girlfriend to watch his son. The woman is now in custody.

"I trusted her to watch him. But I wasn't expecting her to do this to him," Gray said.
Boy, 4, from Chicago found dead in Missouri
So sad.

... I really do wonder, is it just that with SM and the 24/7 365 news cycle that we're hearing about these cases more or is it truly happening more than say 30 years ago?? These poor children day after day. I tend to think it's because of today's ease of access to information that we're hearing about these cases more. I think the same thing was going on 30 years ago, we just didn't hear about it unless it was happening in our "backyards" so to speak.

Yes, you are correct. According to the US Bureau of Justice statistics, the homicide rate for children has remained fairly constant since 1980. About 1700 children are murdered annually, which is more than 4 each day. We are hearing more than we used to, but we certainly don't hear about many, many innocent children who are killed by abuse and neglect.

Here's some fine reading if you are having trouble sleeping tonight: "Homicide Trends in the United States, 1980-2008" U.S. Department of Justice Office of Justice Programs Bureau of Justice Statistics
https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

Kijuanis Gray said he is no longer with Darnell's mother, who lives in Chicago. He moved to Missouri a few years ago because he "wanted a better life" for himself and his son, and brought his son to Missouri six months ago.

Recently, however, Gray returned to Chicago to visit is sick mother and asked his then-girlfriend to watch his son. The woman is now in custody.

"I trusted her to watch him. But I wasn't expecting her to do this to him," Gray said.
Boy, 4, from Chicago found dead in Missouri
So sad.
Why didn't the Dad take Darnell with him to see his grandma (his mother)? He wasn't in school yet.....plus he has a mother there in Chicago?? If you read the article it does state that there may be other arrests coming....wondering who and how the other people at that apartment fit into this?

Beyond sad, I actually cried handing out candy earlier to the adorable, little happy kids trick or treating. Just so wrong little man, RIP.

When did our most precious, innocent children become so "disposable" in today's society?

No kidding! Irresponsible parents for the most part. I am not advocating abortion, or anything remotely political, but if you can't raise a child, then can be put up them for adoption. At least give them a chance at life. Everywhere on Twitter I see alerts for dogs and cats needing homes. Some end in foster care for a while.

But with children, well, fostering parenting can a nightmare. First, it much more responsibility and, second, the stipend paid by local governments create incentives for the wrong people. Some good individuals take in children in need - but, there's a shortage, and unscrupulous individuals accumulate fosters until they can turn a profit.

I not touching human trafficking - something that does needs much more attention.

Beyond the failure of foster care, the dangers of human trafficking and reluctance to give up parental rights, I wonder if a child is something that parents get bored of, see as burden. Add alcohol & drugs to mix and .... too many stories, just too many stories.

/end rant:(

What pisses me off in this case - and we see it time and time again - is Givens saying "I may have hit him wrong" to the detective per the Probable Cause. Implying she only hit him once.

We all know that's a bald faced lie; Darnell had multiple blunt force and sharp force inflicted on him prior to his death. I shudder to think of what the sharp force trauma was caused by.

WTH do these people think they are accomplishing by trying to minimize their horrific acts? Do they think LE is so stupid that they'll think it was all just a tragic accident? Are they trying to convince themselves that they didn't really mean to hit the child so hard?
https://media.abc17news.com/npg-kmi...ementGivens_1541019532873_16313304_ver1.0.pdf

If I had to guess I'd say Givens took out her rage against Darnell's father, once again on the most vulnerable person nearby. I'd bet dollars to donuts there was trouble in the relationship. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff