Found Deceased MO - Darnell Gray, 4, Jefferson City, 24 Oct 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So he brought him to MO for a better life. Away from his mother and his grandparents, other extended family that could have watched little Darnell?
What was the big draw to Jefferson City? A new job for the dad? Did he meet the girlfriend online and move to here to be with her?
What made it so much better?

What's truly heartbreaking is sometimes, even when people notify authorities........over and over and over........nothing is done. My little angel Gabriel Fernandez is proof of that. When will innocent children NOT be disposable in our society?
I've also seen cases where kids that came from good homes were taken away by a vengeful and spiteful person's report to protective services. It is awful- the wrong parents get punished for something they didn't do, but these children get abused and neglected, taken away from the home and placed in loving foster homes, only to be returned to the abusive monsters. I saw a video of the little boy who was absolutely heartbroken- he was crying and sobbing because the judge made him go back to his mother. His foster mother was trying hard not to cry as she handed him back to the mother. The mother was trying to calm him down, and he just didn't want any part of her- he was around three years old. I am sure this poor child will have a thread on here soon, especially after what she did to him before he got taken away.

So he brought him to MO for a better life. Away from his mother and his grandparents, other extended family that could have watched little Darnell?
What was the big draw to Jefferson City? A new job for the dad? Did he meet the girlfriend online and move to here to be with her?
What made it so much better?
Well, to be fair, we don't know what any of those people are like in Chicago, do we?

Think- Jonathan Hernandez. Nuff said.

I bet this woman believed the police and volunteers etc. would quit searching and go back to whatever they were doing , when she reported him as found! She wasn't (isn't) very smart at all. Smh..

I'm wondering why she hasn't been charged with murder..she DID murder him. Sounds like she beat him to death. Oh man, we are only to the tip of the iceberg, I believe.

One more comment..this is the first thread that I have watched , that I haven't seen any disagreements back and forth..everyone seems to be of one mind about this case. That speaks volumes to me.

Prosecutor: Caregiver charged, Darnell Gray suffered blunt and sharp force trauma injuries

Wow. Looks like the "caregiver" (quotes due to the tragic irony), did admit she "may have hit him wrong"...... wow, I didn't know there was a right way to hit someone. Yuck.

:(

(ETA: I can not speak right now. I feel like someone just kicked me in the gut, like wind knocked out...seriously sitting on my hands bc what would come out right now would NOT be good.)

(Sending:

Positive Loving energy -
Light over darkness,
Love over hate,
And Peace over violence.)

Help @zencompass

Last edited:
It’s interesting to reflect upon how many of us maybe initially came here for cases unrelated to child abuse (missing adults, random abductions, child kindappings, etc), and now, perhaps unexpectedly, here we are now learning more about the prevalence of child abuse and murder each day together...We never know sometimes where a road may lead us. (I know some of you were likely well aware about all of this before WS...).

My eyes are really being opened more and more every day to the atrocities some of these poor children face.

Any news in the developments of Sherin’s and Lucas’ Law I wonder.

Last edited:
It’s interesting to reflect upon how many of us came here for cases unrelated to child abuse (missing persons, etc), and now, perhaps unexpectedly, here we are also collectively together each day learning more about the prevalence of child abuse and murder.

I know some of you were likely well aware about all of this before WS, and know I know there are so many of you awesome REAL “caregivers” out there.

My eyes are really being opened more and more every day.

(ETA: Any news in the developments of Sherin’s and Lucas’ Law I wonder)
Yeah, I ended up here when a local girl went missing. I've taken breaks from here, though, because it gets to me after awhile. Especially Lucas- oh my goodness, that darling boy, his wonderful aunty FindLucasAllen, and the wonderful locals like perfectingpink, royalsfan and many others and the great posters in that thread just touched my soul in ways I can't describe. When I saw evil, good came along in abundance. When I was frustrated or angry, along came cheerful and loving posters like yourself and Ms. Pink to soothe us from losing it. So many wonderful people came together for this darling boy- I only wish that same group (some of you are here now!) were with us in all the missing children's cases. I wish most of all, that little Lucas was still here today, and that he got to enjoy Trick o Treating tonight. Breaks my heart, and now darling Darnell didn't get to go tonight. Ugh, like you, I need to do some positive thinking.

Somehow, I see this Native American poem fitting for both Darnell and Lucas as well as the many other darling children deceased from awful abusive deaths:

Native American Prayer

I give you this, one thought to keep
I am with you still, I do not sleep

I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glint on the snow
I am the sunlight on the ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain....

When you awaken in the morning hush
I am the swift uplifting rush....
of a quiet bird in circled flight
I am the soft stars that shine at night

Do not think of me as gone....I am with you still
in each new dawn.

Givens admitted in September 2017 to not paying for a bedroom set she leased from Rent-A-Center. A probable cause statement from February of that year said she rented the bedroom set on Nov. 1, 2016, but had not made a payment on it in the months since. A judge sentenced her to two years of unsupervised probation and ordered her to pay $580 in court costs and restitution.
Court documents detail money trouble, past crimes of Quatavia Givens

I think this explains the washing machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff