MO MO - Dennis Spriggs, 47, LaBelle, 15 July 1992

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
and yes that is her beside him smiling .... she's 65 now and going strong

Hey Lucky2,

We have to come to the point where we believe we've done all we can and leave the rest up to God! Please know that we keep you and your family in our prayers all the time! Roy is at peace. He had a pretty good life even in the nursing home and he got to meet his first great granddaughter before he passed away. He was happy with where he was and happy with where he was going! He is missed a lot, and yet we often feel like he's right here with us all the time!

We got to meet your brother and give him the things that belonged to you all and that was wonderful!

I pray you find peace with all that you've done to help the families affected by this case! We may be down, but we're not out! God will get revenge for Roy's sake if that is what is needed. We have faith in that!

Take care and email any time!!

Hi LandAuxvassie! I am so glad to hear you guys are doing well and finding peace, and hear how Roy spent the last years of his life. I am finding my peace too- it seemed that about 6 months ago just another level of this lifted off of me, so it's going in parts. The only difference I have with other families who are also healing from this is that she is still my mother, and as such... she gets in touch with me sometimes- and then that brings things all back up again. It would be more of a straight line out of this for me if I didn't keep getting those interruptions. I definitely got one of those "interruptions" last week that was very disturbing to me, and brought all of this back into "can I handle this" mode. But- I am back on top of it again.

Be safe out there on the road and say hi to your other half. - you two helped me through this so much- i will never forget that.

I just now saw your posts. Thanks for the link. I did not know her new last name. I know you likely still struggle but like another posters said, we have to trust God with it even though that has to also be very hard at times. I hope your sister is doing well.

I'm sitting here, in stunned disbelief! Lucky2, GBY hun! OHMYGOSH, just NO words to utter at this moment. When I can put down the kleenex and quit crying, I will return. :thud:

Hi- just an update... i am doing my best to let things happen as they will-it's a bit more in my every day life as she is continuing to try to communicate with me lately, and as a couple of my siblings are a bit more in my life again now. It seems to never go away. Just living through one of the experiences is bad enough- i seem to get the pleasure of living through a lifetime of this stuff with no end in sight.

I received an email about the fourth husband. They are now in the jungles of Guatemala for the next year, but this happened about 3 weeks ago to delay their trip. I would upload photos of the accident that were sent also, but here is the direct quote:

Here are the pictures that we weren't expecting would be the first ones of our mission. Actually this event happened only about 2 1/2 hours after we left home last Sunday on our way to the MTC near Mohave, CA. Another car pulled into our lane forcing us off the road. In our attempts to get back on the road, he was still in our lane and we went off again, hitting a mile marker and sailing off into the air where we did three flips landing on all four wheels and skidding in soft sand. We both walked to the ambulance and were checked out at a local hospital. We had no broken bones, so we decided to rent a car the next morning, retrieve our luggage and move on. We made it to St. George that night and were forced to face reality. The next morning when soft tissue injuries began to be very painful, we contacted the mission home and it was recommended that we go home to recuperate for a while. We are scheduled to re-enter the MTC on Nov. 14th, but we have decided to FLY there this time.
(Picture # 2 is our first attempt at flying. It shows where the car landed and the tire tracks where it was towed away, but no tire tracks leading to the landing spot!)
We are full of gratitude for the blessing of safety that we received and for the fact that we were able to walk away from such a terrible accident. We have a lot of healing and resting to do, but are excited to start over again.

She was driving.. no one cited as causing the accident- they sped off. Lanes of traffic going the same way on the freeway- apparently got off the road and when tried to get back up on the road, the level change from the shoulder caused them to flip three times- '

just reporting facts- no opinions

I'm fairly new to WS and have never heard of this until today. I'm only at the part in which lucky2 is posting about the "accidental" Thunderbird fire, but I had to post. Wow. I feel like I am reading a fictional Hollywood script. In fact, if it were a fiction movie people would say "Well, thank goodness something like that would never happen in real life."

lucky2 I saw you just posted a few hours ago and I hope this finds you emotionally and physically better than you were back when this thread started. I'm glad you stuck around here! I'm so sorry of what you went through and are probably still going through now. I'm so glad you had SuziQ to talk to, what a wonderful person you are SuziQ!

Okay I'm off to keep reading, I'll probably be up all night.

Had to post again as I'm going through the thread. I'm reading the posts between Clint, Clint's wife and lucky. And cofinley. I'm in tears. You all are so brave, kind and generous in spirit. There are just so many ways that could have gone south, but all of you have been so gracious to each other. Clint, y'all have brought Roy to life with your words. He sounds like an amazing man. And I totally would have bought something from the Roy D. Forgy Collection lol.

Gah..this is difficut to even read, I can't even imagine how horrible it has been for all of you.

Had to post again as I'm going through the thread. I'm reading the posts between Clint, Clint's wife and lucky. And cofinley. I'm in tears. You all are so brave, kind and generous in spirit. There are just so many ways that could have gone south, but all of you have been so gracious to each other. Clint, y'all have brought Roy to life with your words. He sounds like an amazing man. And I totally would have bought something from the Roy D. Forgy Collection lol.

Gah..this is difficut to even read, I can't even imagine how horrible it has been for all of you.

They are amazing people.

My mother in law told me that we tend to learn the same lessons in life over and over throughout our lives but in different forms. I have found that to be true in this case. I am going through things this time with a lot more education wisdom and life experience. I have so many pages I could fill up here with things that just happened in past 8 weeks, but I am going to just "watch" this from a deeper level this time. It is like watching a slow moving train crash to be honest- but it is what it is, and I still fight that chronic "shock" feeling. I think ramifications to the other families will last a life time also in various forms. I will just post actual events here as they happen, not my process of sorting out truth from fiction from before because of several reasons. Let's hope there is nothing substantive to post for a while.

Thank you for caring enough to feel so deeply about it- i have never re-read it because I know it would bother me a LOT!

Lucky, Lucky you are amazing too! In fact, what you did is even more than amazing. You had to step back from your own family in order to do the right thing. That would be difficult for anybody to do. That takes a LOT of courage and character.

I keep trying to put myself in your shoes and imagine how I would react or deal with it and it is difficult to even contemplate. I'm only at year 2010 so I don't know what you are going through now or what is happening, but from your post I am worried for you. I'm going to try and finish today.

You should post only what you want, feel or need to, Lucky! I'm grateful you have given us this much of yourself and I hope it has helped you in some tiny way, at least.

Snoods- since you have the strength to read such a looooongggggggg story, I am going to do a temporary unlink of the attachments for things listed here. I am going to upload even a couple of current things.. just quickly- will turn the link off soon... and if the voice clip isn't up there, i can try to find those also. you may have other things to do like eat, drink, sleep work, etc. ! so I will leave it open until Wednesday morning unless you request otherwise.

So- the bad luck continues.. Since this case closed a couple of years ago - then there had been 3 more people that got cancer.. ( a room mate/ business partner in the last year of the case) a grand daughter - a daughter and now a new one: a son in law- leukemia.

I don't understand why or how Roy Forgy's picture got posted in the online version of the Ottumwa Courier (http://www.ottumwacourier.com/roy-forgy/image_7ffbfa96-fa45-5f96-897a-a354c9f090e6.html ) on July 27th of 2014. I was googling the various names involved because it was the anniversary of Dennis Spriggs death, and discovered Roy's posting from last year. The time table from his medical records shows that he went into the hospital after falling down and slurring his speech on the last week of July on a Sunday in the evening. The next day (on that Monday- happened to be the 27th of July) he filed poisoning charges on Jeanne. That was 17 years ago now- and he's been deceased for a few years now- the case inactive... then all of a sudden this picture posted. You can see the side of Jeanne's hair in the picture because it was their wedding announcement photo. None of the families seem to know who posted it.

So- the bad luck continues.. Since this case closed a couple of years ago - then there had been 3 more people that got cancer.. ( a room mate/ business partner in the last year of the case) a grand daughter - a daughter and now a new one: a son in law- leukemia.

I am bumping this thread...I looked everywhere for it and finally found it again. Wanting to know any further updates and cannot believe no charges have been filed yet. Still looking, I'm sure I can find it soon but looking for the name of the new hubby...Can't believe he is still alive..Hope your doing ok lucky2

William Sykes- goes by Bill. I don't know how he is, and I haven't ever met him.... New Year's Resolution time of getting over this to the next level .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0
Back