GUILTY MO - Ebony Jackson, 30, St Louis, 4 January 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm wondering if maybe the O'Fallon reference was made to the O'fallon place apartments. The O'fallon apartments are about 3 miles away from where her car was found. MOO

Oh isn't that interesting? First report said the friend was in St Louis, then I heard the friend was in Fairview Heights and now possibly O'Fallon.

An autopsy began Wednesday morning, but officials say its still unclear what happened to Jackson. Police are currently subpoenaing Jackson’s cell phone records and Chief Hopkins said GPS data had been collected from the her, but he refused to share anymore information to the public.

I just don't see how they could not be able to find this 'friend'. Surely she communicated with this 'friend' via cell phone and if her car had gps data also? No way the friend would have known this. Plus physical evidence from the 'friend' in the car?

I'm glad LE has apologized to the family.

Something tells me this 'friend' is not the smartest cookie in the box. And that's good for LE.

Haven't posted here but have been following...

This ending is just horrible! My heart breaks for baby Donovan who will now never know his mother. Our world just gets scarier every day.

RIP :rose:

One thing that may work in our favor is that this crime was likely spur of the moment, not planned in advance. It seems Ebony made a last minute decision to go from OKC to St. Louis, so our perp didn't have a whole lot of time to plan anything elaborate. Even though it was initially as a suspect, searches began rather swiftly for Ebony after she vanished, so not a lot of clean up time either. For that reason, I have hope an arrest will be happening soon.

For some reason, I doubt this was a random crime. I think it was a crime of passion, as there is at least some evidence of overkill- she was shot AND suffered some sort of trauma. Sexual assault? Beaten? Both? We don't know for sure, but I think our perp will be someone known to Ebony somehow.

They just said on the news they are looking for the mystery friend in Fairview Heights, IL.

They are showing the police raising money for a reward. They are collecting money again tomorrow. If the suspect is arrested before the rewards is announced they will donate the money to a college fund for baby Donovan.

Very sad situation, I was hoping that she would be found okay but unfortunately some got to her. I do hope the police find who ever is responsible for killing her.She overcame so much and had to fight her way back just to be murdered,how awful!

Very strange that her friend has not come forward yet.This has been in the news and I would think they have seen she was missing.

Very strange that her friend has not come forward yet.This has been in the news and I would think they have seen she was missing.

Precisely why her 'friend' is the number one suspect.

So LE believes the 'friend' is from or in Fairview Heights?

Now that we know she was shot, it makes me think she left her baby while she had a gun held to her head. I wonder what made them choose that particular apt. building?

I actually made it home from work at a decent hour tonight... I'll be watching the 6:00 news closely, hopefully there will be a little more info.

From KSDK (Channel 5):

STL Police teamed up with Breckenridge Hills PD, but STL police took over the investigation because of jurisdiction.

Family and friends say they have no clue who wanted to hurt Ebony. LE very committed to solving this crime, has the best detectives assigned to the case. Looking at GPS data and cell phone records. Still desperately need public's help. Could be up to $5,000 reward for information thanks to Pine Lawn Police Department collections.

Family has been frustrated with pace of investigation. Initially she was "wanted" rather than reported missing. Jackie Simon (aunt) says perp had 4 days to cover his/her crime during that time. Local law professor wonders if the slow start to the investigation was racially motivated. Need to find a way for courts and police departments to communicate across state lines better.

LE could NOT have opened the car when they first found it without a warrant. Had they done so and found evidence, the evidence would not have been admissible.

Police and family agree that precious time was initially wasted. Police say race was not a factor.

Ugh! Not the race card. I'm sorry but I get so sick of that being played. Maybe things are different there...I don't know. I know there were many people wanting to help the parents of another missing woman in that area until the Mom starting screaming racism and attacking people. Honestly it turned me off too.

Interesting to know that a SW would have been required to open the trunk. I never knew that. I'm just so glad they are on top of it now. I will be so disappointed if this isn't solved. They seem to have so much to go on.

Blunt force trauma and shot? What did this poor woman have to endure? They better find this .

Ugh! Not the race card. I'm sorry but I get so sick of that being played. Maybe things are different there...I don't know. I know there were many people wanting to help the parents of another missing woman in that area until the Mom starting screaming racism and attacking people. Honestly it turned me off too.

Interesting to know that a SW would have been required to open the trunk. I never knew that. I'm just so glad they are on top of it now. I will be so disappointed if this isn't solved. They seem to have so much to go on.

BBM: I have seen this several times on The First 48. Not MSM I know, but........

So sad.

I think she was being beaten/tortured perhaps raped and she begged him (or them) to let her baby go and that's how he ended up in that apartment complex. This had to have happened before she was killed and the car put where it was found. I think a gun was pulled and some threats made and some things happened and she begged for them to let Donovan go. I don't see this person (or persons) taking the time to unhook the car seat, make a bottle and take little Donovan 20 minutes away to a safe place. That tells me that perhaps much of what happened happened at those apartments or very close to there. IMHO anyways.

I'm back to thinking they need to check all the abandoned apartments in the building the baby was found in. There might be a crime scene there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back