MO MO - Echo Michelle Lloyd, 47, no bank & cellphone activity, Edwards, Benton Co, 10 May 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
lots of water
City%20of%20Warsaw%20Missour.jpg

Check a map -- Warsaw is also the Gateway to Truman Lake, a great big reservoir. The shoreline of Truman Lake is undeveloped, cannot be private property. Much is accessible only by boat.

And, after the dam, the river becomes the great big Lake of the Ozarks, another great big reservoir.

No-boundaries neighbor needs an interview session with the Highway Patrol, imho.

( In the 1850's, my gggg-grandmother & her sister boarded a steamboat at Bledsoe Landing in order to attend school in St. Charles. Other passengers continued on to New Orleans. )

jmho ymmv lrr

Yes, there's a lot of remote woodlands around those lakes. Lots of shoreline. A lot of people in that area own a boat or two for fishing or pleasure. Beautiful area, but a lot of it is remote. My concern, too, is that there has been a lot of drug activity in that region.

Yes, there's a lot of remote woodlands around those lakes. Beautiful area, but a lot of it is remote. My concern, too, is that there has been a lot of drug activity in that region.
I agree didn't really want to say it, but if there was a possible OD some people will get rid of someone rather than call for help. Just saying.

We just talked about Echo's case on Websleuth's and the daughter, Kelsey, was a guest on our show (11/7/2020). So the daughter has not gone silent, she is in touch with Equusearch also, she verified that again today, as she mentioned that (and Tim Miller mentioned that and also he was getting a lot of "drama" calls concerning Echo & her case) on the YT channel Gray Hughes Investigates interview in July. Kelsey said basically the same things on Websleuths today. A week or 2 before Mother's Day weekend, Echo came over to Kelsey's house and was going to stay the night and then in the morning both of them were going to confront Echo's male neighbor, who had no boundaries and was aggressive all according to Kelsey, because Echo had let the neighbor "take over" her stuff...like take over her house/car/etc. Kelsey didn't go into detail. Apparently, Kelsey and Echo had an emotional talk about Echo being very upset about this tho. Afterwards, Echo decided to leave Kelsey's house early to go back to her house...maybe the whole thing was too upsetting. So Echo drove back home. So later, on May 9th, Echo saw 2 girlfriends and Kelsey talked to her on the phone. On May 10th, Mother's Day, Kelsey had called Echo's cell phone but it went to voice mail, so Kelsey stopped by Echo's house anyway to give her mom flowers, etc. and Kelsey learned later that her mom had gone to Walmart (which LE has camera footage of on May 10th) with Echo's no-boundaries male neighbor using Echo's car with Echo driving, which they apparently did frequently. House was locked up tight, because mom was gone taking the neighbor to Walmart but Kelsey didn't know that then, so she crawled thru a 1/2 open window in the back and found everything as usual, with Echo's "smokes" and Echo's purse was in the house it's usual place. Oh yea, before Kelsey crawled in the window, she went to the neighbor's house, banged on the door and someone answered (could have been the male neighbor's wife and they both don't drive, or something like that) and she said that Echo had already came by and demanded her extra keys from them. Later at the house, on May 10th, the only things missing were Echo's cell phone, keys, and daily prescribed medicines she needed. Kelsey left the flowers and card, and kept calling back and checking the locked house every day or every other day and all calls rang but went to voice mail. Echo's gun was left "outside"...don't know if that meant on the porch or in the yard, but it normally wasn't outside...and Kelsey doesn't know if it had been fired. Remember this is a really remote area, so Kelsey just left it thinking her mom would come home soon. But on Friday, May 15th, a week later, Kelsey called the police and filed a missing person's report. Kelsey said the neighbor has been questioned by LE but she knows nothing except it's "an active investigation". IMHO only, I think there was some sort of altercation by Echo and her neighbor in question after coming back home from Walmart on May 10th and he did something to Echo. If Echo had unlocked the house to get the gun, after everything was over, whoever did it could have just relocked the house with gloves on. All only conjecture, of course. There is a huge wooded area by the houses and again, it's kinda a remote area. Poor lady.
A no bounds neighbor? That’s news to me. Using her car? Geez, a lot of red flags.
Was her situation so bad with her husband that she would rather live alone without her children and deal with what sounds like a bad neighbor situation?
What was going on in her life at the time of her disappearance?

I agree didn't really want to say it, but if there was a possible OD some people will get rid of someone rather than call for help. Just saying.

A while back, I looked at Missouri Casenet and didn't see anything related to that for Echo. I hope that wasn't the case. The sketchy neighbor seems more concerning to me, though. Not implying anything but LE always looks closely at the last people who saw the missing person.

It just always seems in small towns like that, the local LE usually knows everyone and who is doing what. They should have some suspicions of where Echo could be or what might have happened to her.

A while back, I looked at Missouri Casenet and didn't see anything related to that for Echo. I hope that wasn't the case. The sketchy neighbor seems more concerning to me, though. Not implying anything but LE always looks closely at the last people who saw the missing person.

It just always seems in small towns like that, the local LE usually knows everyone and who is doing what. They should have some suspicions of where Echo could be or what might have happened to her.
Absolutely. This whole story sounds very, very strange. I am very fearful for the subject of this thread. An aggressive interrogation of the neighbor needs to transpire immediately. If they are innocent, they should be quickly ruled out.

Prayers for the daughter, she seems so devoted to her Mom.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I missed Kelsey, Echo's daughter, on the WS chat but will watch it today.
I feel strongly that LE needs to interrogate the neighbor, over and over and keep him (them) under surveillance.
I am not saying he is guilty, but he is the LAST known person to be seen with her and we all know what that usually means.
I always tend to also think "Water, Lake, Reservoirs, Rivers" etc when both car and person are missing.
JMO and I will catch up after listening to WS chat with her daughter.

From Tricia's interview with Echo's daughter. Thank you, Tricia!

The only thing missing from Echo's house were

• her keys
  • her cell phone
  • her prescription medication, which some people use as a recreational drug
None of the above have been found.

Her house was locked up tight, but when Echo's daughter Kelsey climbed in through a partially open window, she noticed it looked different.

There was trash spilling onto the floor, dirty dishes in the sink, etc. Her mother was very fastidious about keeping her house clean.

There was also a land-line phone there, but the line had been disconnected. Kelsey had never seen it before. Her mom usually used a cell phone.

Neighbor had taken over Echo's house and car, telling her what to do. had gone to her daughter Kelsey's home a couple weeks prior before and spent the night. Echo was worried about the neighbor and talked to her daughter about it. Her daughter wanted her to stay with her, but she went back home determined to re-take control of her house, car, life, etc.

Echo's daughter said her mom still had a very good relationship with her husband (Kelsey's step-father). They had decided to separate, but still cared for each other. Kelsey doesn't think step father would have done anything to harm her mom.

Link to Tricia's interview:

Yeah, I didn't word that very well. Her daughter thought the assault had no bearing on her mom's disappearance. It's very strange to leave a gun behind,imo, especially since her daughter said she was very comfortable carrying it and had taken classes, got a concealed carry permit and sounds like she took self protection seriously.

MOO

Someone commented in an earlier post that her purse was in a drawer in a nightstand (?). I have never done that. Sounds like she had some concerns. And who would put their purse in a nightstand drawer but leave their gun outside?

So many things just seem odd about this.
  • The gun obviously.
  • Why would she go somewhere with a neighbor who she was concerned about?
  • House was "locked up tight" yet a window was left open.
  • The daughter came over on Mother's Day and she wasn't there. Why wouldn't that be a coordinated visit?
  • Why didn't the daughter have a key to her house?
Just seems weird that the neighbor and his wife haven't been questioned. Or maybe he has and we just don't know it.

So many things just seem odd about this.
  • The gun obviously.
  • Why would she go somewhere with a neighbor who she was concerned about?
  • House was "locked up tight" yet a window was left open.
  • The daughter came over on Mother's Day and she wasn't there. Why wouldn't that be a coordinated visit?
  • Why didn't the daughter have a key to her house?
Just seems weird that the neighbor and his wife haven't been questioned. Or maybe he has and we just don't know it.

As for the Mother's Day visit, her daughter had tried to coordinate a visit, but couldn't get hold of her. The last communication anyone had with Echo was on May 9, last seen May 10. After that, her phone went unanswered, then went to VM, then nothing. Echo's daughter Kelsey had a 2 mo old baby, so wasn't getting out a lot.

Daughter said this neighbor had kind of taken over Echo's home, car, etc. It's a mystery how this many who was practically controlling Echo's life never bothered to notify anyone when she went missing.

As for daughter not having keys to her mom's house, I don't find that too unusual. My kids don't have keys to our house anymore because they lose them.:oops: My husband didn't have a key to his parents home until they were elderly.

Going back to review old posts, recall Texas Equusearch talked to Echo's family last summer about helping search. They still haven't committed and it sounded like they were waiting for the ok from local LE. Could be they want to wait a little while longer, when leaves have fallen and underbrush dies off. In one of the few interviews the sheriff or investigator with the county sheriff dept. gave, he did say the MO Hwy Patrol and FBI were assisting with the investigation. As we've learned from previous cases, one can't assume they're closely involved. Sometimes its just processing some evidence, etc.

I have a question about the neighbor that took over the house and her car, where they possibly her landlord? I don't see that legally they could do that, but is it possible that due to Covid she may have fallen behind in her rent (as many have) and they tried to take control of things with the promise that they would let her stay and try to get caught up? That may explain why they had keys to the house. Just an idea.

Isn’t this a remote area without many houses nearby?
Why did Echo want to live in this particular place away from her husband and children?
Was it a place that had been in the family for years? Or a place that Echo was drawn to for isolation or to be around nature?
Was she renting? If so, how was she paying rent? Where did she work?

I know it’s different with Covid, but did her family (other than Kelsey) visit Echo at this place? Husband, children, parents, siblings?

Tim Miller referenced drama during an interview with Gray Hughes. He said he was getting a lot of phone calls which he referred to as drama. He said he will help with the case if the police get the appropriate warrants for what they want searched
The drama has continued? What is the subject matter of this drama and why is it hindering the search for Echo?
Is someone deliberately trying to deflect or divert attention away from looking deeper into her disappearance?

I think it's a little weird that we just now learned of the creepy neighbor situation. Is neighbor married or single? I hope they're really focusing on him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat
Back