MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=366189

White told reporters that Olten is not a runaway and that an Amber Alert could be issued later today.

Authorities are currently contacting registered sex offenders in the surrounding areas.

more at the link

Well order the blanking AMBER ALERT already!!!

Slightly off topic, though relevant I believe. Recently, in Ontario, Canada, a young 8 year old went missing walking home from school and LE did not issue an amber alert, unfortunately it ended tragically for the 8 year old, though the good news out of that tragedy, is LE and the government have taken a good hard look at the way amber alerts are issued in Ontario, and because of this tragedy, they are changing the way amber alerts are issued. Hopefully for Elizabeth, it doesn't end in tragedy and the amber alert gets changed in this area. Come home safe Elizabeth!!

I google earthed the lomo address for the xtreme paint and body, and that route D is scary looking. Lots of curves and looks like a fairly busy road. poor baby!!

Wonder if there is a scanner online for this area?

Although i'm glad they have these sex offenders registered, it just isn't enough. It does allow us to know about where they are, it gives the police a place to look but its all AFTER THE FACT. It's not protecting our children. Great, a child goes missing and they go around and check out the sex offenders, maybe one of them did it, maybe not but the damage is done. There needs to be more, I don't know, this whole thing makes me sick, day after day. I'm sitting here talking about another child missing and watching news on Somer and it just makes me absolutely sick. Sorry, I have to vent. Enough is enough.

From the above article:

"AT&T put the cell phone's location deep in the woods near Elizabeth's home. The family says Elizabeth would not have been walking in the woods to get home from her friend's house.
There are only four homes between the friends house and Elizabeth's, and the family says she normally walked near the road.

AT&T says the cell phone is not responding to pings anymore and probably ran out of batteries, the phone company says it will continue to monitor the phone in case it turns back on."

KRCG news has learned that missing 9 year-old Elizabeth Olten had a cell phone on her when she she disappeared.

She sheriff's department contacted the cell phone provider, AT&T, who "pinged" the cell phone to triangulate its location.

AT&T put the cell phone's location deep in the woods near Elizabeth's home. The family says Elizabeth would not have been walking in the woods to get home from her friend's house.
There are only four homes between the friends house and Elizabeth's, and the family says she normally walked near the road.

AT&T says the cell phone is not responding to pings anymore and probably ran out of batteries, the phone company says it will continue to monitor the phone in case it turns back on.

Updated Info

ST. MARTINS -- UPDATE: Thursday 10:41 am:

KRCG news has learned that missing 9 year-old Elizabeth Olten had a cell phone on her when she she disappeared.

She sheriff's department contacted the cell phone provider, AT&T, who "pinged" the cell phone to triangulate its location.

I'm being hopeful. My 10 yr old son has a cellphone that he forgets to charge. Seems like everytime I try to call him the thing is dead. So maybe her phone is off and she couldn't call out. Hopefully it was on long enough for them to locate the ping.

The Cole County Sheriff tells reporters they could use more volunteers in the search for a missing girl.

During a 9am press conference Monday Sheriff Greg White said anyone interested in helping search for Elizabeth Olten should come to the St. Martins' VFW or call the sheriff's department at 573-634-9160.

White says the rain is making for a difficult search and that they are currently using search dogs and are considering using a helicopter.

White told reporters that Olten is not a runaway and that an Amber Alert could be issued later today.

Authorities are currently contacting registered sex offenders in the surrounding areas.
from same link I posted above

I'm really hoping they can find that cell phone. I am very worried about it being deep in the woods though. :(

Hmm. Wouldn't the ping just be the tower? We have towers deep in the woods in our rural area. I would think they would have one tower that would cover up to two miles. I have been watching the Channon Christain trial and they say in rural areas the tower will cover more area.

i have not seen a case where they could let exactly where a phone was due to a ping it has always been within an area.

Guess I'll take that article with a grain a salt till they come out with more.

I'm being hopeful. My 10 yr old son has a cellphone that he forgets to charge. Seems like everytime I try to call him the thing is dead. So maybe her phone is off and she couldn't call out. Hopefully it was on long enough for them to locate the ping.

hopefully it gives them a place to take a K9 team & searchers with infra-red devices.

I'm still sick to my stomach from the news about Somer yesterday...I can't believe the nightmare of a missing little girl has started all over again.

Prayers for angels to watch over her.

Fox news just had info on Elizabeth.

Nothing new just her info and a picture, but at least she is getting national exposer!!

I really wish I could go down to help search today but I have no one to pick up my kids from school. My mom is out of town today. I'm praying she is found soon!

Just heard about Elizabeth. Praying she is found soon and safe!

So is Lomo dr another name for Route D?

http://www.newstribune.com/articles/2009/10/22/breaking_news/doc4ae083b2bc475853940788.txt
Officials have listed Olten as an “endangered missing person.” No Amber Alert had been called as of 9:30 a.m. Thursday, White said, because authorities don’t believe foul play is involved.

A computer check of sex offenders in the area didn’t turn up any leads, White said.

everybody hum the barny fife song together!

um... they checked the rso's with a computer? really? Please let this be misreporting.

no amber alert because they think there is no foul play? yet they said she is not a runaway and was scared of the woods. Okay. Please pass the motrin.

http://www.newstribune.com/articles/2009/10/22/breaking_news/doc4ae083b2bc475853940788.txt

everybody hum the barny fife song together!

um... they checked the rso's with a computer? really? Please let this be misreporting.

no amber alert because they think there is no foul play? yet they said she is not a runaway and was scared of the woods. Okay. Please pass the motrin.

So are they thinking this could be a family abduction? Well maybe not MOST LE would order an Amber Alert for that also. wonder what they are thinking?
Just because her phone has pinged in the woods does not mean se ran off in the woods at night. Some could've snatched her and threw the phone in the woods to keep from being found.

What would it hurt to put out an Amber Alert? Can you really put a price on a child's life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amps