MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure the mother was ever in prison, and yeah what Danni said -- I really do think that the GM getting custody of the 3 in 2005 and then the 1 in 2007 had quite an impact on a teen at 11 and 13 respectively

I thought that someone on this forum also determined that M lived or at least listed her addresss at the gps house too -- around that 2004/2005 year --- I am not sure

I would theorize that something pretty eventful happened to get the gps to move to MO -- (with the gm's other daughter who also seemed to add to the dynamic of the new household )

Just a lot of changes in a couple of years' span for a disturbed adolescent!

BBM

Yes, when MB received a seatbelt violation in Sept. 2005, her address is recorded as the smaller/older Lomo Dr. home. The larger home in the 200 block wouldn't have been built yet. Her next address in 2006, if you use Casenet as a timeline, was an apartment or duplex on Buena Vista St. in JC. Someone here described that as a public housing project. The Housing Authority did indeed take her to court in '06 and '07 over tenant issues.

NONE of the Casenet cases for MB resulted in jail time, although California hasn't been checked I don't believe. She received a suspended sentence and 2 years probation for possession of drugs on 7/31/09 while she was already on probation for a 2008 DWI.

http://video.aol.co.uk/video-detail/alyssa-bustamantes-best-friend1mp4/542824406

And Alyssa has been in her grandmother's custody since 2001. Eight years.

Thanks -- I just am curious to how that works -- why would she file for legal guardian in MO in 2005? Any ideas?
And where does the year 2001 come from exactly? The paper quoted earlier stated 2002?

I am not doubting you; I just would like some more information on this, too -- I have been since October-- it might be boring, but view all posts by Prof and you might see that I have all sorts of questions on and interest in the adults connected to AB

Gliving -- I want the same answers, but most of us know the initials backwards and forwards, and is there much of a point posting the names? (IDK I am too tired to think)

So sorry you are tired this morning Prof. As long as we don't name a minor, I don't see any problem. Everyone knows the names. What is the difference as to writing KB or her name? It's common knowledge and I can't help what is said elsewhere. If a moderator disagrees, I'll certainly conform.
:dance:

BBM

Yes, when MB received a seatbelt violation in Sept. 2005, her address is recorded as the smaller/older Lomo Dr. home. The larger home in the 200 block wouldn't have been built yet. Her next address in 2006, if you use Casenet as a timeline, was an apartment or duplex on Buena Vista St. in JC. Someone here described that as a public housing project. The Housing Authority did indeed take her to court in '06 and '07 over tenant issues.

NONE of the Casenet cases for MB resulted in jail time, although California hasn't been checked I don't believe. She received a suspended sentence and 2 years probation for possession of drugs on 7/31/09 while she was already on probation for a 2008 DWI.

Wow! (were your ears ringing?) Thank you!

Yeah, and the whole California background -- Do we know when M last lived there? or how long M has lived in MO? Did M move with the GPs 2004/2005?

So over half her life she has spent with the Grandmother, who is the same person who raised her mother who did not seem to turn out to be a productive member of society either. Makes me wonder what road the other kids will take in life.

Seems like someone needs to come pick those apples because they sure in the heck ain't falling far from the tree resulting in them ROTTING!

Thanks -- I just am curious to how that works -- why would she file for legal guardian in MO in 2005? Any ideas?
And where does the year 2001 come from exactly? The paper quoted earlier stated 2002?

I am not doubting you; I just would like some more information on this, too -- I have been since October-- it might be boring, but view all posts by Prof and you might see that I have all sorts of questions on and interest in the adults connected to AB

BBM

This is just a guess, but if the California courts granted visitation rights to mom and/or dad, there is probably some sort of permission that needs to be granted to move them out of state. Possibly a "change of jurisdiction" formality...or something.

I am going to ASSUME here but could it be that a CUSTODY order would be nation wide, yet a GUARDIANSHIP order would only be good in that state or like while on vacation?

I just found this website and it has some great info for grandparents raising/caring for their grandchildren! http://www.aarp.org/families/grandparents/raising_grandchild/a2004-09-01-grandparents-legal.html It kinda outlines all the different terms when it comes to the legal stuff!

I wonder (this means it is just a THOUGHT) if she got guardianship (since it can be turned around) in the state of CA then gave it back to the parents, then someone got in trouble and the kids were going to be headed to foster care so she moved to Missouri and took guardianship back! But since the state was involved this time they had to stay in missouri!

I know she is out of prison and she is also on unsupervised porbation for some recent charges. DUI and pot!

Like Prof said it is kinda strange that KB was getting guardianship of EA in 2007 and Alyssa "pulled her stunt" (as my mother would say)! Jealousy maybe?

Did anyone read her poem "Because Of You"? It was posted on 8/26/07. I can't help but to feel like this was a poem about her mother. It brings me back to the fact that I think that AB was sooo desperate for her mother's attention that she would try to OD on Tylenol and cut her wrists leaving scars for all to see. When those didn't work she had to think of something else to get her attention. I feel all of her actions are for attention.

I just hope Allyssa never gets out...who could ever trust her??

I truly believe there are "evil" people in the world....there have been other kids who killed kids...some act in pairs..in a sick "symbiotic" relationship...some act alone

there are things to be learned from this....when a kids says they want to kill themselves...other kids should tell parents/teachers etc....so many sad suicide cases of teens..and often it is said that they were acting depressed, obsessed with death, other suicides....talked of ending it etc...

and no one takes action

and here..when a kid says they want to kill another kid....good God act on it..
I am creeped out by her friend calmly sitting there with her little cross around her neck repeating Allyssias creepy scary evil words

Poor little Elizabeth....my sympathy is all for her not the senseless useless monster who killed her.

i heard someone mention,"she a great deciever",,well,she is,but the bad part about that is,,the last one she decieved was herself.now she hads to live with what she did for the rest of her life whether its in prison,a nut house, or anywhere else,,i dont think she's one bit crazy. maby doped up to an extent..but not crazy.smart,no doubt..but not quite as smart as she might have thot a month and a half ago.

"I mean s*** I would love to know what it feels like to kill someone and I am damn sure that lots of you have also considered this thought."

This text is part of the intro to a "tribute" video uploaded very recently onto YouTube. I'm pretty certain she's a minor, so no link, but go to youtube.com and search for alyssa bustamante. You're looking for emocuppycake13.

ETA: Emocuppycake lives in Georgia, so not a personal friend of AB's, but would be if she lived in JC!

Just another random and potentially meaningless data point. I recall an article about the fencing program at the Jefferson City Y that quoted AB and in the background of one of the CBS pictures there is something on the floor of her bedroom that looks to me like the bell guard of a fencing weapon. I decided to check out that angle and it appears that AB participated in only one beginners fencing tournament back in 2007, putting in a very respectable showing (http://askfred.net/Results/roundResults.php?seq=1&event_id=16814).

Fencing is not a cheap sport and obviously the grandparents supported her enough to take her to lessons at the Y and to a tournament in St. Louis. From the quotes in the article, it appears that AB enjoyed the sport. You wonder if things would have turned out differently had she really pursued it and had a productive focus or passion in her life. I bet there were other such opportunities made available to her, other paths not taken - any one of which could have changed everything.

The fencing is just one of the things in the pre-2007 AB's life that seems to have disappeared. I wonder what happened in 2007 that seems to have triggered the cry for help/attention and that put her on the path that led us here?

Others have suggested the cleaver may be related to the "Insane Clown Posse"

To me it looks like a straight razor like the ones barber's use on the clients.

Maybe her personal self harming tool is a straight razor.

Today Show Video: Psych care sought for teen held in killing 3:42
Nov. 21: The attorney for a Missouri teen accused of killing a 9-year-old neighbor says his client should be sent to a psychiatric hospital. Msnbc's Alex Witt talks with criminal profiler Pat Brown about the case.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/34079723#34079723
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Exclusive: Alyssa Bustamante Friend Says Elizabeth Olten's Alleged Murderer Thought About Killing
November 23, 2009 7:24 PM
<snipped>
At a court hearing Wednesday, Nov. 18, a juvenile justice officer said Bustamante attempted suicide two years ago and had received both inpatient and outpatient mental health treatment for depression and cutting herself.

Meyer told Crimesider that two years ago, Bustamante took "a bunch of Tylenol and something else, some sort of pain killer" at her grandparent's home, where she lived.

"She passed out and her grandma found her and called an ambulance," Meyer said. "She had to have her stomach pumped."

"Then she went to the hospital for a while and they sent her to a psych ward for a while," Meyer said. "I know she was away from school for like two or three months."

PICTURES: Accused Teen Killer Alyssa Bustamante's Inner World
http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2009/11/23/crimesider/photoessay5747894.shtml

Article:
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/11/23/crimesider/entry5751594.shtml
Friend: Bustamante Discussed Killing
Teen Girl Accused of Murdering 9-year-Old Spoke to Friend About What it Would Feel Like to Kill
Nov. 23, 2009
<snipped>
A best friend of a teenage girl accused of murdering a 9-year-old neighbor says her friend once said she wondered what it would be like to kill someone.

Alyssa Bustamante, 15, has been held at the Morgan County jail after being indicted Wednesday as an adult on charges of first-degree murder and armed criminal action for the Oct. 21 death of Elizabeth Olten.

"She (Bustamante) told me I wonder what it would be like to kill somebody," Jennifer Meyer told CBS' "The Early Show" Monday.

"I just dismissed her," Meyer said.

"She seemed like any ordinary girl," Meyer said of Bustamante, adding that she spoke often about suicide and depression. "She was always kind of strange, I guess."

Video: Teen Murder Suspects's Friend Speaks
Harry Smith spoke with a friend of Mo. teen Alyssa Bustamante who is suspected of murdering her 9-year-old neighbor.
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5746668n&tag=api

Photo Essay: Secret Life of Alleged Killer
Exclusive look at the secret world of Elizabeth Olten's alleged killer, Alyssa Bustamante.
http://www.cbsnews.com/elements/2009/11/23/crimesider/photoessay5747894.shtml

Article:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/11/23/earlyshow/main5746399.shtml
Bustamante on 24 hour suicide watch
Monday, November 23, 2009 at 5:24 p.m.
<snipped>
The accused murderer of 9 year-old Elizabeth Olten is still in a county jail as her public defender tries to get her admitted to a mental hospital.

Court documents show that 15 year-old Alyssa Bustamante is on 24 hour suicide watch at the Morgan County jail.

Her attorney tells the judge that she is demonstrating signs of severe depression and anxiety. He wants her admitted for psychological treatment immediately.

Article:
http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=381266
Video: Friend of 15-year-old murder suspect talks to News 4
Posted on November 23, 2009 at 8:24 AM
ews 4&#8217;s Mark Schnyder sat down with Jennifer Meyer, a close friend of accused killer Alyssa Bustamante. Meyer talks about her friendship with Bustamante and about a conversation the two had before Bustamante, 15, allegedly killed 9-year-old Elizabeth Olten.
http://www.kmov.com/video/featured-...-murder-suspect-talks-to-News-4-71552602.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Video: Extended interview with Alyssa Bustamante's friend 7:18
Posted on November 23, 2009 at 5:33 PM
http://www.kmov.com/home/related/Mark-Schneider-interviews-Alyssa-Bustamante-71929652.html

:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member