MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the boyfriend rumor.... I probably posted it.... and it is a RUMOR.

Soon after Alyssa was arrested, 99% of the kids at JC (my daughter included) got a forwarded (probably 100 times over) text message stating something about (paraphrasing) "shooting up the school if people don't quit talking about Alyssa".

Most kids at JC got this text mesage= FACT
Msg originated from AB's boyfriend = NOT SUBSTANTIATED

I very rarely text, but I don't think you get a "header" of forwarding info the way you do in an email (correct me if I am wrong, I really have no idea). Of course email "headers" are faked all the time, so even if the info is there I have no idea if it was actually from the bf or not.

Texts usually come with the following info: phone number text was generated from, date/time code when sent. I am not sure how a text forwarded from the internet would look tho (having trouble keeping up with all this new technology, and internet apps, lol. If they are from an unlisted number they show up as "unnavailable" or "private".

The link may state that, and the law may be that in Missouri. However, the Supreme Court has said it's unconstitutional to execute anyone under 18. The reason this statute still says this in Missouri is that it has not yet been challenged (ie, Missouri hasn't put anyone on death row since the Supreme Court decision). If Missouri would, then this case would be appealed to the Supreme Court, where they would (presumably) invalidate the statute.

in re the threatening texts from someone purporting to be the bf of AB

Jodibug, if you know can you state if the text to your daughter and others came from a number known to be associated with bf?

If the above question is out of bounds please someone let me know. And please note I am NOT ASKING for the number if one was associated with the texts!

I guess the real question is, how old is the bf? I thought I had read that he was 17 or 18. Can anyone answer this for certain?

"By a vote of 5-4, the U.S. Supreme Court on March 1, 2005 held that the Eighth and Fourteenth Amendments forbid the execution of offenders who were under the age of 18 when their crimes were committed."

Doesn't matter what the state of Missouri says, the U.S. Supreme Court out-ranks them!

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/u-s-supreme-court-roper-v-simmons-no-03-633

We can thank the case of Roper v. Simmons for this ruling!

Re the boyfriend rumor.... I probably posted it.... and it is a RUMOR.

Soon after Alyssa was arrested, 99% of the kids at JC (my daughter included) got a forwarded (probably 100 times over) text message stating something about (paraphrasing) "shooting up the school if people don't quit talking about Alyssa".

Most kids at JC got this text mesage= FACT
Msg originated from AB's boyfriend = NOT SUBSTANTIATED

I very rarely text, but I don't think you get a "header" of forwarding info the way you do in an email (correct me if I am wrong, I really have no idea). Of course email "headers" are faked all the time, so even if the info is there I have no idea if it was actually from the bf or not.

There was also the girl that was a student at jchs that was posting here that said the same thing, IIRC she also stated that she was scared to go to school because of what was being said.

No, I doubt that anyone can state anything about this alleged accomplice for certain

he is a minor and an innocent party at this point

and no news source has even hinted at implicating anyone else in this

This might explain better definition of "adult" in the state of Missouri.

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C200-299/2110000021.HTM

Sure, thats pretty standard. But, there are a few problems with the BF issue. 1. we don't seem to know his identity, therefore we don't know his age. 2. There are no facts to prove his involvement, so we could get in hot water accusing him of really anything. 3. whether this person is a minor or not may be a WS terms of service policy.

Sure, murder 2 can warrant lwop. It's all about the circumstances of the case. Grant, in my opinion and in my experience LWOP for Murder 2 is a harsh judgment, I don't know the facts of the case (nor are they relevant) so, I'll presume the court got the case right.

Generally, the DA will charge with the highest charge they can possibly indict someone on, so they have lesser charges to fall back on. So, for instance, if they charge someone with murder 1, but fail to prove intent, that person may be found guilty for murder 2.

However, if they charge someone with murder 2, unless there is some sort of exacerbating circumstance, murder 1 is probably off the table.

i think i understand,,correct me if i'm wrong,,if they charged her with 1st degree murder,but dont have enough evidence,they can convict her of 2nd degree..but if they had charged her with 2nd degree,,they can in no way "upgrade" to 1st degree?..i was also wondering,,if a 'detective' tells you,,"if they charge you, it'll be 2nd degree", then can the DA charge you with 1st anyway? even if the conversation was taped? just a thaught.

i think i understand,,correct me if i'm wrong,,if they charged her with 1st degree murder,but dont have enough evidence,they can convict her of 2nd degree..but if they had charged her with 2nd degree,,they can in no way "upgrade" to 1st degree?..i was also wondering,,if a 'detective' tells you,,"if they charge you, it'll be 2nd degree", then can the DA charge you with 1st anyway? even if the conversation was taped? just a thaught.

Cops can say anything they want to get a confession out of you. They have no authority as to what charges will be filed by the DA but they can trick you in to thinking they do and they certainly can speak to the DA and say you cooperated etc and that they would prefer a lesser charge because of it but generally it is safe to assume everything out of a cops mouth is a lie when he or she is interrogating you and I would never advise anyone to talk to LE for any reason outside of a traffic stop unless an attorney is present.

in re the threatening texts from someone purporting to be the bf of AB

Jodibug, if you know can you state if the text to your daughter and others came from a number known to be associated with bf?

If the above question is out of bounds please someone let me know. And please note I am NOT ASKING for the number if one was associated with the texts!

We can't confirm the number that it originated from.... but my daughter does not know D anyway, so she woudln't know if it was or was not his number.

Wow, I was gone a few days and had to go back 2 threads to catch up! You guys have been VERY busy!!!!

First, Welcome to all those who have joined Thanksgiving Day and after! Seems we have lots of new folks, lots of interest, opinions, information, and lively debate. Cool!

I have a thing or 2, 3, 4 to add... :)

IMO....I had wondered about grandma's ability to raise these kids, given the problems she had raising her own. But her willingness to take the 3 kids, and later the 4th, was probably the major basis for giving them to her. And to be fair, it's not always the parents' fault when a kid goes bad. However, she was given a license to run a day care and take care of OTHER people's children, as well. We have been told by a local that day care had been closed for at least a couple of month's before this crime occurred, so thank God, there were not other children around at the time.

FACT....Alyssa is between 5'1" and 5'3". I have met her, stood next to her. I'm 5'4" and she's a little shorter than me. She's slender, probably a size 2/3.

Rumor, from one of her friends.....she had a 4 wheeler that was seen on Wed evening by the searchers, in the cleared strip (utility company right-of-way) behind/near her house. Maybe that's how she moved the body, if she did move it.

IMO again.........we have not heard what the circumstances were in AB's home the night of the murder. We don't know if she came home with blood/mud on her or not. Someone who first said they were close to the family, and later said they were a scammer who fooled us....yeah weird, anyway.....said that AB declined to help with the search that evening because she wanted to take a shower. That's the closest we have to actual info regarding her behavior that evening. Maybe she WAS dirty or agitated, maybe not. In actuality, we don't know that AB, EO and EA were not supervised that Wednesday evening. We all keep assuming they weren't, but we don't really know. Obviously, AB & EO weren't being watched when the murder happened, I'm not saying that, but earlier, when they were all playing in/near/behind the house, maybe there WAS adult supervision. Or then again, maybe AB, as a 15 yr old, was supposed to be doing the supervising. Generally, you'd let a 15 yr old watch younger sibs, but what we know now about her psyche issues, I wouldn't have let her. ooops, rambling.....

and another rumor.......someone said that she said she dug a grave, but didn't like it, so she dug the 2nd one. From this, I infer that she did not have plans for 2 murders, or two deaths. I'm sorry, I can't find anything to back this up, but I think I recall hearing it said on television....could have been a local news show, or NG, sorry I don't know. Anyway, it's a rumor since I can't back it up.

Wow, I was gone a few days and had to go back 2 threads to catch up! You guys have been VERY busy!!!!

First, Welcome to all those who have joined Thanksgiving Day and after! Seems we have lots of new folks, lots of interest, opinions, information, and lively debate. Cool!

I have a thing or 2, 3, 4 to add... :)

IMO....I had wondered about grandma's ability to raise these kids, given the problems she had raising her own. But her willingness to take the 3 kids, and later the 4th, was probably the major basis for giving them to her. And to be fair, it's not always the parents' fault when a kid goes bad. However, she was given a license to run a day care and take care of OTHER people's children, as well. We have been told by a local that day care had been closed for at least a couple of month's before this crime occurred, so thank God, there were not other children around at the time.

FACT....Alyssa is between 5'1" and 5'3". I have met her, stood next to her. I'm 5'4" and she's a little shorter than me. She's slender, probably a size 2/3.

Rumor, from one of her friends.....she had a 4 wheeler that was seen on Wed evening by the searchers, in the cleared strip (utility company right-of-way) behind/near her house. Maybe that's how she moved the body, if she did move it.

IMO again.........we have not heard what the circumstances were in AB's home the night of the murder. We don't know if she came home with blood/mud on her or not. Someone who first said they were close to the family, and later said they were a scammer who fooled us....yeah weird, anyway.....said that AB declined to help with the search that evening because she wanted to take a shower. That's the closest we have to actual info regarding her behavior that evening. Maybe she WAS dirty or agitated, maybe not. In actuality, we don't know that AB, EO and EA were not supervised that Wednesday evening. We all keep assuming they weren't, but we don't really know. Obviously, AB & EO weren't being watched when the murder happened, I'm not saying that, but earlier, when they were all playing in/near/behind the house, maybe there WAS adult supervision. Or then again, maybe AB, as a 15 yr old, was supposed to be doing the supervising. Generally, you'd let a 15 yr old watch younger sibs, but what we know now about her psyche issues, I wouldn't have let her. ooops, rambling.....

and another rumor.......someone said that she said she dug a grave, but didn't like it, so she dug the 2nd one. From this, I infer that she did not have plans for 2 murders, or two deaths. I'm sorry, I can't find anything to back this up, but I think I recall hearing it said on television....could have been a local news show, or NG, sorry I don't know. Anyway, it's a rumor since I can't back it up.

and welcome back,,thats a fact..

Basically, that's how it works.

The detective will basically do anything to get a confession. So, always remember to request to have an attorney present before you say anything, and I mean anything.

~ snip ~

This one came from Tricia's own source. One of the earlier threads begins with the rumors presented by this source to her, including a silk scarf, a diary, and the second grave. We all wondered why there would be two graves and Tricia went back to that source and was told "AB didn't like the first one."

Everyone has indeed been busy! I've spent my whole day practically catching up! Good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston