MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was discussed that the perps grandparents have custody of her. I am sure I read in Elizabeth's obit she had an honorary dad.

Her Dad and Brother reside in Bowling Green... at the prison...

I am sure most of you are probably not going to agree with the following statement but here goes: I think this is bullsXXX. Regardless of the reasons Elizabeth's father and brother are incarcerated they should be their when that precious baby laid to rest. It is not Elizabeth's fault her father and brother committed a crime and they are HER family. Children of incarcerated parents are often a forgotten population and this is a prime example of that. She deserves to be laid to rest by the entirety of her family.

I am one that does not agree with this. Jail/prison is punishment. IMO do the crime, do the time. Both son and father had choices....they made their choices. E will be laid to rest by people who love her and by perfect strangers who care. And to my thinking it is the best anyone could want for a loved one.

Yes I know Elizabeth's dad is in prison. None of the Paternal family except the father and brother are mentioned in the obit. There is an "honorary" dad mentioned. Just in response some seem concerned the father and brother are not allowed to attend the funeral.

I am sure most of you are probably not going to agree with the following statement but here goes: I think this is bullsXXX. Regardless of the reasons Elizabeth's father and brother are incarcerated they should be their when that precious baby laid to rest. It is not Elizabeth's fault her father and brother committed a crime and they are HER family. Children of incarcerated parents are often a forgotten population and this is a prime example of that. She deserves to be laid to rest by the entirety of her family.

When a person enters MODOC the are given a "risk assessment" then they are given a number, actually two numbers, a public risk number and a prison risk number. Both of these numbers weigh into the factor of where they will be housed, and how much contact they can have.

My own uncle(I don't/have never had contact with) who is in prison for drugs, was allowed to attend his sisters funeral. WHY? Because when he is in prison he is a "model citizen". Which in time improves his "number". Obviously DOC believes these guys to be a threat to the public.
I know I don't want MY husband being the one that has to transport these TWO CRIMINALS from Bowling Green to Jefferson City (which is approximately 100 miles) UNARMED!

It's sad when it takes the DEATH of your child to make you WANT to be there for them!

I really hope Elizabeth's 13 yo (?) brother gets help to deal with this horrible situation. His myspace says "the one you don't need to know about", his mood is "depressed", and it also says "R.I.P. Elizabeth". How very sad for him.

Did you guys see this? I hope to God it doesn't take 30 days!!

Cole County Juvenile Court Administrator Michael Couty said Monday that a hearing to determine whether the teen should be treated as an adult or juvenile is likely to occur within 30 days. Couty said that the suspect would undergo a background and psychological check. http://www.bnd.com/336/story/981938.html

I saw that one of AB's myspace friends was a female Mormon-maybe about age 22. Too lazy to find it now.

I was going to link Mark Richardson's poor track record, however the local paper has started charging $3 to access stories. He's been in a mess over not paying child support for his children. Can Ya'll say REDNECK COUNTY? Good grief!!!

I was going to link Mark Richardson's poor track record, however the local paper has started charging $3 to access stories. He's been in a mess over not paying child support for his children. Can Ya'll say REDNECK COUNTY? Good grief!!!

Do they ever call in a Special Prosecutor?

I have no idea. But a change of venue will be a WAY good thing here.

I have a feeling I'll learn MUCH more when I go to work tomorrow. I've been off since Fri and considering that I got a phone call Fri afternoon with "rumor" that appears to be true, I have a feeling everything will fall into place. There's just so much I'd like to say, but it's only rumor and that's not fair to anyone.

I have a feeling I'll learn MUCH more when I go to work tomorrow. I've been off since Fri and considering that I got a phone call Fri afternoon with "rumor" that appears to be true, I have a feeling everything will fall into place. There's just so much I'd like to say, but it's only rumor and that's not fair to anyone.
do you work for the school system? Legal system? I know you cannot say details about a rumor though....

I saw that one of AB's myspace friends was a female Mormon-maybe about age 22. Too lazy to find it now.

Her mysp is private , are you able to access it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en