MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
do you work for the school system? Legal system? I know you cannot say details about a rumor though....

I work for the "State". My info is coming from the spouse of someone in LE. They've been right so far, so I think info is correct. But that's just ME, and I can't say it's FACT.

I am sure most of you are probably not going to agree with the following statement but here goes: I think this is bullsXXX. Regardless of the reasons Elizabeth's father and brother are incarcerated they should be their when that precious baby laid to rest. It is not Elizabeth's fault her father and brother committed a crime and they are HER family. Children of incarcerated parents are often a forgotten population and this is a prime example of that. She deserves to be laid to rest by the entirety of her family.

I completely disagree. They shouldn't have committed the crimes. Then they could be there. Elizabeth is dead. She doesn't know if they're there or not. She's in heaven and if they wish they were at her funeral, they can pray to tell her so, and she will hear them.

They didn't care enough about her in life to stay out of trouble, why would they care enough about her in death to attend her funeral?

I apologize if this has already been posted, but I saw the comment on the news story here -> http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=367984, which says,

Murder suspect posts
Posted by Belinda Mason, E St. Louis - Monday, October 26, 2009 at 5:34 p.m.
Internet message boards contain numerous scary Tweets from a person said to be the suspect. A google search found a match on Twitter, a 15 y/o girl.

I tried searching "olten" on Twitter, and tried internet searches of the terms OLTEN SUSPECT TWITTER, but can't find anything further. Anyone have more info?

I saw that one of AB's myspace friends was a female Mormon-maybe about age 22. Too lazy to find it now.

How can you see her friends? When I went on there tonight, it was set to private and I couldn't see anything.

I apologize if this has already been posted, but I saw the comment on the news story here -> http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=367984, which says,

Murder suspect posts
Internet message boards contain numerous scary Tweets from a person said to be the suspect. A google search found a match on Twitter, a 15 y/o girl.

I tried searching "olten" on Twitter, and tried internet searches of the terms OLTEN SUSPECT TWITTER, but can't find anything further. Anyone have more info?

Olten is victim, the posible perp is the one that posted on Twitter...

Murder suspect posts

I believe if you search using her myspace "name" you can find it. But I haven't tried so I'm not positive. And I don't mean her actual name but whatever her myspace 'title' is. I don't know what it's called! UGH! :)

Poster already posted this above, but... WARRANT SERVED ON NEIGHBOR'S HOUSE. Link: http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/story.aspx?id=367986

I think this explains why the guardianship proceeding was removed from CaseNet. The warrant has her address on it, and it would make finding her name very easy. Pretty much cements for me that we were right about the suspect.

I am so proud of our sleuthing the past few days!

I work for the "State". My info is coming from the spouse of someone in LE. They've been right so far, so I think info is correct. But that's just ME, and I can't say it's FACT.
wow... thanks so much CC! Hopefuly we will all be able to discuss it soon.

Now what would make a 15 year old girl kill a 9 year old girl?
A 6 year age span IS big and these two SHOULDNT have been peers.....the only contact I could see being appropriate is if the 15 year old was a babysitter or was friends with an older sibling of Elizabeths-was that the case?
It seems both girls came from troubled homes.........I just cant get my head around this.
Can we get a rumor thread?? Id like to know what the locals are saying! Please Mods!

Thanks guys. I know Elizabeth is the victim -- I was searching on those terms hoping to find a news story or at least a message board posting linking to the suspect's Twitter account. I am so far behind you guys, and haven't gotten beyond the initials AB so I don't know how to find her MySpace, etc. I'll keep hunting!

Now what would make a 15 year old girl kill a 9 year old girl?
A 6 year age span IS big and these two SHOULDNT have been peers.....the only contact I could see being appropriate is if the 15 year old was a babysitter or was friends with an older sibling of Elizabeths-was that the case?
It seems both girls came from troubled homes.........I just cant get my head around this.
Can we get a rumor thread?? Id like to know what the locals are saying! Please Mods!

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased MO-Elizabeth Olten, 9, St. Martins Thread #2
Hoppyfrog posted earlier about a rumor thread, saying it's ok to start one.

I guess Ill go start one as it seems theres locals with rumors to share!

FWIW, the teacher, Bill Currie, is most likely not LDS. The name of the church is similar but not the same as the LDS church.

Bill Currie's Church:
the Church of Latter Day Saints

LDS Church:
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

ETA: Also the LDS/Mormon Church don't have Preacher's, they have Bishop's.

http://deletionpedia.dbatley.com/w/index.php?title=Bill_currie

(snip)
Early Years: Before Bill Currie's career as an educator, he worked as a Theology major and a re-knowned Preacher at the Church of Latter Day Saints in Nashville, TN. Bill Currie also engaged in many protests for civil rights in his earlier years.

Thanks guys. I know Elizabeth is the victim -- I was searching on those terms hoping to find a news story or at least a message board posting linking to the suspect's Twitter account. I am so far behind you guys, and haven't gotten beyond the initials AB so I don't know how to find her MySpace, etc. I'll keep hunting!

I'm with you on that one. I searched the AB thing NADA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Dirty