MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome ILoveCookies!!! I am new here also. The posters and mods here are great! I have never felt so welcome on any boards I have been a member of. I hope you stick around.
The wonderful people that run this forum are there that you can seek out and get advice share your feelings with and they have experience to guide you in the direction to help in a situation. I have already sought advice and was responded to quickly. I simply posted a question on how to get a mod and within a few moments I had 2 contact me.
I look forward to many insightful posts from you. I really want to know more about what factors in all their lives brought about this horrible outcome for all involved.

Was the sheriff the security officer at the high school when you went there?

What you say is extremely interesting ILC in view of the School Board's statement. They clearly know there is a general problem but are so busy with CYA manouvers, that one wonders if anything positive will come from this horrible murder.

What you say is extremely interesting ILC in view of the School Board's statement. They clearly know there is a general problem but are so busy with CYA manouvers, that one wonders if anything positive will come from this horrible murder.

That's just what I was thinking when I read ILC's post about the school!!! ILC, the citizens CAN petition the state to come and investigate if they feel the board is not doing their job.

I can't really explain it. Kids here are just so violent and angry. I personally took part in over 30 fights in JCHS and watched as over a few hundred happened. I watched a teacher quit his job and then punch a student. I've seen guns brought into the school, kids bring in chains, bats, and even 2x4's to fight each other. Helias (the private school) is just as bad from what I hear. I've seen kids skip their last class to go stand outside of someone's class and beat them up. and every year i was there it just got progessively worst. I watched a police office get the hell beat out of him for trying to stop a fight. I saw one kid (from less than 4 feet away) get hit once (which knocked him to the floor), then get kicked in the head until it fractured his skull. All these are things that I've seen happen inside of the school's walls. Almost every crime from 2000-2006 in Jeff City that involved a teen being murdered, or a seriously injured stemmed from a problem that two people had in the school. And from what I've heard it's only gotten worse since I graduated.

Also, in 5th grade I watched kid A put a filet knife to kid B's throat in the middle of class, because kid B stabbed kid A in the stomach with a cello pin.

this is all my observations and jmo

Wow! I grew up in East New York Brooklyn and I went to "Hell High" as it was called it the papers - however nothing like this ever happened there!

Do you know if the gma runs a daycare? There was an online listing of one with her name, so just wondering if she actually ran one out of the home.

Wow. ILC's personal knowledge about the HS and problems therein is scary. I feel I should make mention of the fact that this may not be something occurring just at JCHS tho. Here in my town there is a particular HS where since the beginning of school year police have been called in to handle problems in excess of 50 seperate times. Fights, weapons, mob behaviors, even a sexual assault on a young female student in the ladies room during lunch break.

Administrators (some of whom I correspond with) are doing everything possible but the problems can be overwhelming.

Some of these problems ILC mentioned may be indicative of a larger problem with youth in the area but some are unfortunately simply indicators of the larger problems being present in our nation as a whole.

It isn't just JCHS that has problems. The middle schools do as well. I remember when I was there I got my head placed between a door and the door stop, and then had the door slammed on my head several times. All because I told someone to shut-up. I could go on for hours about the problems in JCPS and at the private schools. But the bottom line is I'd rather have my kids grow up with no education than go to JCPS.

Oh my goodness. Why all the violence and anger? People usually think of the Midwest as so safe....how surprisingly that general notion is so wrong. Being from the Midwest, I live in New York City now. Honestly, sometimes I truly wonder which area is safer for children (suppose it depends on where you are in the Midwest though).

Our schools don't have hardly any problems like these on the surface. However, very soon after he graduated from HS, my son told me that 95% of the students use drugs in one form or another. That surprised me, really! And even more so, it makes me very very sad.

I can't really explain it. Kids here are just so violent and angry.

Please don't lump everyone into this. I have two kids at JCHS and both are just fine. I also graduated from JCHS and am just fine.

My kids both get good grades, one holds a job, and neither one has ever been in trouble.

And I can tell you that they certainly don't look up to AB, and neither do any of their friends.

My kids and all of their friends that I am close with are very devastated by this.

;)
Please don't lump everyone into this. I have two kids at JCHS and both are just fine. I also graduated from JCHS and am just fine.QUOTE]

Please rest assured that WS members on the whole, are not "lump in" sort of folks. I hope you didn't take offense as I am sure none was intended.

I can't really explain it. Kids here are just so violent and angry. I personally took part in over 30 fights in JCHS and watched as over a few hundred happened. I watched a teacher quit his job and then punch a student. I've seen guns brought into the school, kids bring in chains, bats, and even 2x4's to fight each other. Helias (the private school) is just as bad from what I hear. I've seen kids skip their last class to go stand outside of someone's class and beat them up. and every year i was there it just got progessively worst. I watched a police office get the hell beat out of him for trying to stop a fight. I saw one kid (from less than 4 feet away) get hit once (which knocked him to the floor), then get kicked in the head until it fractured his skull. All these are things that I've seen happen inside of the school's walls. Almost every crime from 2000-2006 in Jeff City that involved a teen being murdered, or a seriously injured stemmed from a problem that two people had in the school. And from what I've heard it's only gotten worse since I graduated.

Also, in 5th grade I watched kid A put a filet knife to kid B's throat in the middle of class, because kid B stabbed kid A in the stomach with a cello pin.

this is all my observations and jmo

What about the parents? Do they just not care, or do they not know what's going on or what? There have to be good kids/parents there too, right?

Thanks for the insight, Jodibug. I am glad to know that ALL the students are NOT in danger. However, it does appear that the school could use more help in keeping students safer.

In our school, we have a county sheriff assigned on campus. He even has an office on the school grounds. Is there an officer assigned to this high school?

What about the parents? Do they just not care, or do they not know what's going on or what? There have to be good kids/parents there too, right?

YES, there are! JCHS is no different than any other HS today. Sadly this sort of thing has happened all over the country, I don't think any community is immune from sociopath's.

Please don't lump everyone into this. I have two kids at JCHS and both are just fine. I also graduated from JCHS and am just fine.

My kids both get good grades, one holds a job, and neither one has ever been in trouble.

And I can tell you that they certainly don't look up to AB, and neither do any of their friends.

My kids and all of their friends that I am close with are very devastated by this.

Thanks Jodibug- it always helps to have multiple perspectives. So you are happy with the education/security/admin. at the high school, then?

I don't care where you live 100% of the population can not be jerks!

Thanks for the insight, Jodibug. I am glad to know that ALL the students are NOT in danger. However, it does appear that the school could use more help in keeping students safer.

In our school, we have a county sheriff assigned on campus. He even has an office on the school grounds. Is there an officer assigned to this high school?

Yes, as a matter of fact I just got off the phone with the School Resource Officer, Officer Martin.

Now, please tell me where there is a high school that doesn't need more help in keeping students safer and in other area's as well.

JCHS is no more dangerous than other highschools.

Is it perfect? No. But again, there are crazy sociopath's out there and I don't believe there is any way to keep yourself "safe" from them.

Thanks Jodibug- it always helps to have multiple perspectives. So you are happy with the education/security/admin. at the high school, then?

JCHS is a good school. They have some issues. I know of no school that doesn't.

If there was a school out there without issues, I'd enroll my kids today.

About a month ago, I told my 18 year old that I was almost sorry I had kids...He replied with a quizzical look and I said "because of all the CRAP in this world!" He smiled and said he'd be okay.

It really is scary for kids out there and I don't blame my many friends who homeschool for making that decision.

As to the earlier question, the gma does (or did I don't know if it will be reopening) run a daycare out of the other house (not the big white one).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justice for Brenda Goudge