MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter went to school at JCPS. She hung out with the goth/emo crowd. I know from her experience that the students who dress and or hang out with that crowd are treated different than the ones who are jocks, preps or I guess you could say the Popular crowd. IMHO JCHS is too big. Go there anytime between classes and it is mass chaos. Officer Martin is a very good officer, but he can't do it by himself.

I think everyone will agree that parents today would be shocked at some of their teens behavior. Smart parents know their childrens friends, keep a close eye on their internet/twitter/texting activities, etc. Hopefully (and soon) other parents who have been more lax in that area will figure out that they are leaving too much to chance and will join us. Until then we will sadly continue to see stories about communities shocked and apalled by some teens behavior.

:Welcome-12-june: CSquare & ILoveCookies

Hello Csquare!!!

Welcome252520Bird252520feeder252520.gif

I saw in an earlier thread someone brought up rehabilitaion.
Let me start first by saying that I was a Corrections officer land ll for over 12 years before becoming disabled and unable to perform my job.
We had a saying when I worked there that was "Faking the Funk". Meaning doing something to make yourself look good w/o really caring to benefit from the service. I can't count how many inmates took one program after another just to make it look good when it came time for their parole hearing.
I would hear inamtes laughing and joking what a joke the program was. I can not tell you how many inmates I have seen more than once in the 12 years I worked there. Always the same excuse that they were framed or setup.
Our prison system needs to focus on making inmates not want to come back instead of making them comfortable. Rehab only works if the individual getting treated truly wants it too.
I look forward to participating here and hopefully adding some good information. Thanks.

I saw in an earlier thread someone brought up rehabilitaion.
Let me start first by saying that I was a Corrections officer land ll for over 12 years before becoming disabled and unable to perform my job.
We had a saying when I worked there that was "Faking the Funk". Meaning doing something to make yourself look good w/o really caring to benefit from the service. I can't count how many inmates took one program after another just to make it look good when it came time for their parole hearing.
I would hear inamtes laughing and joking what a joke the program was. I can not tell you how many inmates I have seen more than once in the 12 years I worked there. Always the same excuse that they were framed or setup.
Our prison system needs to focus on making inmates not want to come back instead of making them comfortable. Rehab only works if the individual getting treated truly wants it too.
I look forward to participating here and hopefully adding some good information. Thanks.

Even though I have no experience in law enforcement, my life experiences have shown me that this is true. If a person WANTS to change, they will do it come hell or high water. Otherwise, it is just spitting in the wind. Inmates need to be miserable!!!

Welcome Csquare - I agree with your viewpoint on rehab vs deterent.

Anyone else tired of paying for cable, college, etc for convicted criminals when I can't afford those things for myself and family? Something is very wrong.

ILC, do you know if the GPs had money? How many people live in Elizabeth's house? Do you think AB did this? If you do think she did, do you know any facts concerning the night AB went over the edge? Were you part of the search? Did the GPs or the other GC help in the search? Did AB help? Did you see AB after and if so how did she act? Do you know why she went to church before school? How did she get there? Sorry I just have so many questions. There is something in all of us who feel there must be an answer as to why AB did this, if in fact she did. Asking the questions may lead to that answer. But then we may never know. Do you know if the police are still searching for more evidence or other people?

I simply do not agree with wasting our money to FORCE someone to change that you can't. Don't get me wrong some can and do change. In AB's case I believe she needs help. I just hope she understands that and not just to hopefully get a lighter sentence.

My daughter went to school at JCPS. She hung out with the goth/emo crowd. I know from her experience that the students who dress and or hang out with that crowd are treated different than the ones who are jocks, preps or I guess you could say the Popular crowd. IMHO JCHS is too big. Go there anytime between classes and it is mass chaos. Officer Martin is a very good officer, but he can't do it by himself.

My high school in KC was like that. Graduating class of close to 1000 kids. This was before the days of emos, goths, even punk, but we did have our little groups and the jocks ran the show....or at least thought they did. Funny how so many of the popular girls had to get married right out of high school. :waitasec:

Was it confirmed that AB's had already dug a place to bury the body priro to the murder?

Was it confirmed that AB's had already dug a place to bury the body priro to the murder?

No. That is a rumor that is all over the internet, but LE has not confirmed it to my knowledge.

Thank you for all the welcome. I look forward to chatting and making new friends on here. I also hope I can help out in anyway possible.

I know we all want answers and we want it now. Just remember that the more people that know something the less effective it will be in court. You don't show your cards to the others when playing poker do you? If you do I want to play at that table. lol
Kimster: Love your hovercraft. Is that you in the drivers seat? lol

I know we all want answers and we want it now. Just remember that the more people that know something the less effective it will be in court. You don't show your cards to the others when playing poker do you? If you do I want to play at that table. lol
Kimster: Love your hovercraft. Is that you in the drivers seat? lol

Good point...and I've heard it before but it is very hard to apply on a sleuthing website! :innocent:

Why YES! That is me in there! LOL! :blushing:

I searched the posts here and if this was included, I missed it: ABC News has an online video report from Oct. 28 that says Elizabeth's family "told ABC News" Elizabeth was on her way home when the suspect called Elizabeth on her cell phone and "invited" her to come back to the house.

I am new to posting, so if I've repeated old news or violated any rules, please educate me! Thanks.

The rumor that the GF refused to allow the LE to search the house is not true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member