MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I didn't suspect anything and they were trying to help I would not be hostile to them.

Why is NG always a day late and a dollar short? Looks like tonight she will be possibly discussing AB's online accounts including her youtube one.

Okay, what's the deal with ABs parents? Do you feel that they are completely responsible for her apparent mental and emotional instability? If you can't or won't say--I totally understand. No explanation necessary. Thank you.

If I didn't suspect anything and they were trying to help I would not be hostile to them.
It would be tickling the back of my mind that my child went missing from THERE. And isn't there a reason the police begin investigations from the last PLACE the victims were seen?

ETA: To clarify...IF Elizabeths mother had ANY hostility going on that night towards the family of AB, I could NOT fault her for that. No stronger thing than mothers intuition, IMO.

Like I said that was my opinion. I wasn't bashing. And would you be gracious to the people that lived in the house that your daughter went missing from?

Maybe the mother had reason to be concerned about them and thats why she was hostile - if she really was even.

It would be tickling the back of my mind that my child went missing from THERE. And isn't there a reason the police begin investigations from the last PLACE the victims were seen?

I understand what you are saying. When you start searching you start from the last place and trace the route they normally take. I didn't know if the families were friendly towards each other.

If they weren't friendly I don't understand why they would let their child go there.

WOULDN'T YOU? If your child died just yards from your back door?

I dont think anyone would want to live yards from the house where your daughter had been visiting before being brutally murdered.

and honestly, if someone comes to my door with a video camera while my daughter is missing and I am frantically trying to find her, I would be pretty damn hostile.

Please review the TOS........we've been warned one too many times guys!

much love and moo.......

I dont think anyone would want to live yards from the house where your daughter had been visiting before being brutally murdered.

Exactly. I am sure that she doesn't want to see AB's home and family every day.

I wouldn't want to see those woods every day, and wonder what kind of hell Elizabeth was put through in them.

I cannot figure out why you want to portray Elizabeth's mother as anything except the VICTIM.

No the families weren't friendly to begin with.

I always wondered if they were friendly with each other.

People can and do see things different. ILC and Jodibug seem to both have a different perspective from each other from their own experiences with the two families. Instead of seeing it as right or wrong it could prove a good thing for those on this site, as each can give accounts from both sides of this sad story.

Well as far as I know, AB's grandparents were not informed that EO was there, and the only reason they would have had at that point to act out is general rudeness of the family (I've experienced it first hand the few time's I've dealt with them). And the fact that their daughter wasn't home safe and the 6 y/o was. At that point no-one suspected anything.

I understand that you're just stating your opinion.But, I'm not sure any of us can say at that point no one suspected anything. Mother's instincts can be very strong, and if she had any kind of "gut feeling", that may be the cause. I don't think we can hold it against Elizabeth's mom, even IF she was rude, considering a member of their immediate family is now incarcerated for her murder.

No need to leave I love cookies. Like someone else said it is good to get both sides of the story.

I understand that you're just stating your opinion.But, I'm not sure any of us can say at that point no one suspected anything. Mother's instincts can be very strong, and if she had any kind of "gut feeling", that may be the cause. I don't think we can hold it against Elizabeth's mom, even IF she was rude, considering a member of their immediate family is now incarcerated for her murder.

Yeah, I would probably be so crazy that I wouldn't realize nor care if I was being "rude".

Wow, there's a little bit of animosity going on here. I'm not taking sides. I just want to remind everyone that there are very few facts in this case, and A LOT of rumors. Local or not, NOBODY knows what really happened except for Elizabeth (RIP) and her killer, who may or may not be AB. This is a public forum, and everyone here is entitled to their opinion, whether others disagree or not.
Every rumor that comes out in this case is going to be colored by the source it came from. Two people may hear the same information, but completely different scenarios.
Please try to keep it semi-friendly here for the rest of us.

IMO, AB's family aren't any less victims than EO's family. I'm having trouble understanding why it's okay for people to speculate that the grandparents were not friendly or helpful in the search for Elizabeth or refused to allow LE to search the home, but it's not okay to speculate on EO's family. I'm not trying to upset anyone, I'm just pointing out that speculation and finger pointing has gone both ways on these threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995