Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah...no need to ban.

I fully understand and have a lot of sympathy for your point of view.

I think you and others realize that while adults are morally accountable for how they raise their children, that is a different issue than an adult being legally responsible for committing a crime. No adult surrounding Elizabeth's awful murder has been accused of that crime. In that sense, they are "innocent parties."

Welcome back!

Hoppy

Thank you, Hoppy

Yes, and agreed No adult would ever be held legally responsible for Elizabeth's murder

(Just a small disclaimer
I wrote the above after a long day of work and a longer day of trying to catch up I was upset and confused by many posts that did not seem to make sense or jibe together I do find it incredible that at least 4 adults might have prevented this tragedy; at least one if not two get paid to keep children safe This is just such a horrifc and tragic story on all accounts)

Interesting article on the psyche of juvenile murderers:

We know violence is a learned behavior. Children learn to be violent from their family and friends, and observe it in their neighborhoods. These behaviors are then reinforced by movies, video games, and music. But again, not all kids that watch the movies or play the games will be violent. It is not the average ordinary kid that kills.

Read more: http://www.momlogic.com/2009/11/why...lizabeth_olten_alex_mercado.php#ixzz0VuHS3ySX

I must say, I find your viewpoints very much in line with mine and truly value your thoughts and posts as each day passes. Thanks

HI everyone. I'm new here but since I'm a local, have been following this since the beginning.

I have a personal theory concerning the teacher.

The whole "suicide" thing has never been verified, has it? I read in the local paper that the original response to his home was handled as if it were a suicide, but since then, I haven't seen anything that officially verifies that was the case. He was very sick with cancer. He was getting worse, such that a student from JCHS told me that he actually threw up in a class the week before. Is it possible he'd been given some medication to help with the illness and/or pain, and that he accidentally took an overdose? If that were the case, it would look exactly like a suicide, but there would probably be no note.

I saw that ILC said that the daycare closes may close as early as 4. I know this is to be false.

Also, anyone from this area, would know that such closing at such a time would lead to a very unprofitable business. There is a very large contigent of workers in this area that are employed by the State. State workers typically get off no earlier than 4. Therefore, the majority of the business prospects are gone.

Also, this daycare was more the babysitter type. What I mean by that is that it took in more of infants than older kids. It is my experience in this area, that many infants go to these babysitter types that are run by one woman. Then once they are potty-trained and ready, they are taken out of the "babysitter" and go to more of the preschool type daycare.

No one agreed that this is a possibility? I find it too hard to believe that she took a life for the thrill. I have a feeling there was a 'reason' for the crime. To plan it tells me she knew what she was doing and why. Also, from all the pics I've seen of EO, she was a little cutie and she may have gotten more attention from people and AB could have been jealous of her. Maybe she was even jealous the EO had a mom and she didn't (not one in her everyday life.)

IMO I do agree. I also believe whatever poor little EO did to pizzz her off happened towards the end of last yr, I have my reasons to believe that. I am not local though and know no one related to this case. I get my theory from stuff I have read online, that I can not post here.:waitasec:I would also bet when thet searched her computer, she had looked into ways to kill.....

On that note I also think it was a "thrill" for AB, and I would not doubt if there were others that had also pizzzed her off and very possible a list made.

Originally Posted by Ilovecookies
... BTW I will confirm one thing via first hand knowledge. The "note" was consficated by LE not given to them, and it was a diary entry. That is all ILC

This is what I was told as well - that it came from a diary. I also heard some of the details it contained and it was the basis for the first degree charge.

No LE wanted to question her thursday morning but she wasn't in school. They find the note thursday night. Also thursday night they asked to speak with AB at the fbi headquarters in JC at 10 am fri morning.

He confirms another important piece of information. The case was basically solved while the sheriff was giving the press conference. In my opinion, this was not a coincidence and hints at illustrating why it was not solved earlier.

HI everyone. I'm new here but since I'm a local, have been following this since the beginning.

The whole "suicide" thing has never been verified, has it? I read in the local paper that the original response to his home was handled as if it were a suicide, but since then, I haven't seen anything that officially verifies that was the case. He was very sick with cancer. He was getting worse, such that a student from JCHS told me that he actually threw up in a class the week before. Is it possible he'd been given some medication to help with the illness and/or pain, and that he accidentally took an overdose? If that were the case, it would look exactly like a suicide, but there would probably be no note.

I don't think they have said anything more about it because he is a well respected man in the area, and they are trying not to tarnish his image with the suicide.

Everything I have heard has said that it was a suicide with a gun. I have actually heard that he called his good friend the Sheriff and asked him to take care of his dog. The Sheriff said sure and asked where he was going. The teacher then hung up.

W8nC and iamhere and Mia g and countby5s!!!

4.jpg

IMO I do agree. I also believe whatever poor little EO did to pizzz her off happened towards the end of last yr, I have my reasons to believe that. I am not local though and know no one related to this case. I get my theory from stuff I have read online,

My guess is that you're referring to a friend's My Space posting??? If so, you need to know that the entries were recently changed and were back dated to make it look like they were older.

The first reference she made to anyone involved in the case was immediately after ABs arrest. Prior to that time, there was no mention of AB or Elizabeth on her page.

I believe she later back dated in an attempt to cover for an entry made in reference to Elizabeth.

Except that the article said "suicide by firearm"

correction : http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we...rpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&xcal_useweights=no

A longtime Jefferson City public school teacher was found dead at his home early Monday morning.

Police were called to the home of Bill Currie on Windsor Drive around 6:50 a.m.

Details about his death were still being investigated Monday, but authorities were dispatched to the home as a suicide call.

A firearm reportedly was involved.

Back to the subject of AB skipping school on Thursday, but being found by a counselor later with her boyfriend. Someone had mentioned that the school was about 10 miles away, so I doubt she would have walked or someone would have wondered why she wasn't at school. She probably woke up, got ready for school, rode the bus and then slipped away from the school unnoticed. So the GPs wouldn't be alarmed until someone called to say she wasn't at school. I have a sister close to her age who has pulled a similar stunt :rolleyes: and it seems like it could work.

I saw that ILC said that the daycare closes may close as early as 4. I know this is to be false.

Also, anyone from this area, would know that such closing at such a time would lead to a very unprofitable business. There is a very large contigent of workers in this area that are employed by the State. State workers typically get off no earlier than 4. Therefore, the majority of the business prospects are gone.

Also, this daycare was more the babysitter type. What I mean by that is that it took in more of infants than older kids. It is my experience in this area, that many infants go to these babysitter types that are run by one woman. Then once they are potty-trained and ready, they are taken out of the "babysitter" and go to more of the preschool type daycare.

Perhaps Gma goes home at 4 and someone else is there for the last few hours?

Back to the subject of AB skipping school on Thursday, but being found by a counselor later with her boyfriend. Someone had mentioned that the school was about 10 miles away, so I doubt she would have walked or someone would have wondered why she wasn't at school. She probably woke up, got ready for school, rode the bus and then slipped away from the school unnoticed. So the GPs wouldn't be alarmed until someone called to say she wasn't at school. I have a sister close to her age who has pulled a similar stunt :rolleyes: and it seems like it could work.

This makes sense to me.

Welcome!
The advisor/journalism teacher's untimely demise has bothered me since reported Although, I read somewhere that there was a gun involved, but I do not remember where

I posted on this topic last week

Since you are a local---the JC News Tribune http://www.newstribune.com/articles/...11currie09.txt
covered his story on the same day as Elizabeth's funeral The front page had a picture of the horse-driven hearse and in the left column of the front page a story about the teacher The online version for non-subscribers did not provide the full article, but I read from an unverified source that the full article reported that Sheriff White was the last person to visit the teacher on Monday morning
Do you have access to this paper? I am just wondering if this article did report the visit

Thanks and welcome!

Welcome!
The advisor/journalism teacher's untimely demise has bothered me since reported Although, I read somewhere that there was a gun involved, but I do not remember where

I posted on this topic last week

Since you are a local---the JC News Tribune http://www.newstribune.com/articles/...11currie09.txt
covered his story on the same day as Elizabeth's funeral The front page had a picture of the horse-driven hearse and in the left column of the front page a story about the teacher The online version for non-subscribers did not provide the full article, but I read from an unverified source that the full article reported that Sheriff White was the last person to visit the teacher on Monday morning
Do you have access to this paper? I am just wondering if this article did report the visit

Thanks and welcome!

I think you are correct that Sheriff White was the last visitor. I am local and have heard this, but I also seem to remember a quote from him in one of the articles about the teachers memorial service. However, I think the visit was the night before. I think the morning of the suicide, he called the Sheriff about his dog, but the Sheriff was not at his house that morning.

My guess is that you're referring to a friend's My Space posting??? If so, you need to know that the entries were recently changed and were back dated to make it look like they were older.

The first reference she made to anyone involved in the case was immediately after ABs arrest. Prior to that time, there was no mention of AB or Elizabeth on her page.

I believe she later back dated in an attempt to cover for an entry made in reference to Elizabeth.

BBM

May I ask how you know this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members