MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, based on the information available right now (indications of premeditiation, timelines offered thus far, etc) I just don't see the meth angle. If she was "high" while committing the crime I don't know that meth would be the drug. From what I have heard about that particular drug people tend to be very paranoid and hide out from others, so I don't buy that she was high on meth while committing the murder. If she was indeed a meth user, I can see her coming up with the idea to commit murder but do not see her performing the act itself while on the drug. Besides, perhaps I have bought into the media potrayal of meth abuse but don't meth heads tend to have some very specific physical appearances? I have never heard of a "casual" meth user. It is my understanding that once you are using, it spirals out of control very quickly hence becoming very physically identifiable very soon.

Agreed. Meth has been a popular drug of choice among some people I have known and others I've been aquainted with. They are very paranoid and tend to withdraw. When they get really high, or use the drug a long time, then they can have huge anger explosions. But they are uncontrollable explosions, not well-thought-out plans. Also, I've never heard of them murdering anyone or wanting to murder. They are little thieves, though.

I'm not saying someone on meth wouldn't murder, I'm just saying that just because they are on meth they WANT to murder.

There are a lot of drugs out there that the kids are using. When I asked my son, he said ecstasy and cocaine are what he hears about around here these days. (Seems like the generation before them are using more of the meth?)

Dang...I wish I knew this on Sunday. I was chatting with one of the deputies and could have asked her. I have a meeting at the city tomorrow night and if I see a deputy there, I'll ask them.

If you are on a "binge" as the rumor states then it fits. I would think at her age to say AB is a chronic user would be pushing it. If she had not done this and continued on in life she probably would have become one. I think that AB was still in an "experimental" stage of drug use. She has probably been trying a few different ones in the recent past.

I was thinking this too. Also, of interest?:

found in wikipedia--I repeat: wikipedia :)
Psychological effects
Psychological effects can include euphoria, anxiety, increased libido, alertness, concentration, energy, self-esteem, self-confidence, excitation, increased sociability, increased irritability, increased aggression, psychosomatic disorders, psychomotor agitation, hubris, excessive feelings of power and/or superiority, repetitive and/or obsessive behaviors, paranoia, and with chronic and/or high doses, amphetamine psychosis can occur.

maybe the planning was obsessive
excessive feelings of power and/or superiority

I just want to say that I friggin hate meth. I know that other drugs are bad for you, but this one...I feel sorry for ppl that decide to experiment with it or like to have a "speed" high. So many of the little towns (towns that my grandparents came from) in Missouri have a meth problem--as we know--it's just so sad that these ppl feel so miserable that they need to self medicate and meth is what's available.

Yes, I'm in a small town and there are a lot of adults with a meth problem. And yes, they have kids. :-(

Stimulants, or uppers, are most commonly prescribed for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), but they are also used to treat a variety of conditions such as asthma, respiratory problems, obesity, and sleep disorders such as narcolepsy. When taken in higher doses, these drugs can produce euphoric effects and counteract sluggish feelings.

Health risks related to stimulant abuse include increased heart and respiratory rates, excessive sweating, vomiting, tremors, anxiety, hostility and aggression, and in severe abuse, suicidal/homicidal tendencies, convulsions, and cardiovascular collapse.

Brand names include: Concerta, Dexedrine, and Ritalin.

Quoted from here... interesting site
http://www.theantidrug.com/drug-inf...abuse/prescription-drug-rx-abuse/default.aspx

I live in the NE and meth is really not a problem in our area. I'm just curious...What would happen if someone that was taking SSRI's started mixing in illegal drugs such as meth? Also, if AB was had an underlying mental heath issue could meth have led her to a “psychotic break”? TIA

Yes, I'm in a small town and there are a lot of adults with a meth problem. And yes, they have kids. :-(

Crack and cocaine are still the big problems in my area, although in more rural parts of IL meth is rampant. So sad, so many babies coming up in a world where nothing is safe, secure or can be taken for granted. Moms and dads checking out all across this country.

I was doing some digging on casenet for the mom (MLB) because I keep hearing what a druggie she is/was and always in trouble with the law. And unless I'm missing something, which is quite possible, her arrest record isn't as extreme as has been painted.

Outside of traffic violations and a possible eviction, she has a June 2008 DWI (2 years probation) and a July 2009 Possession of MJ (suspended sentence and 2 more years probation). I know this isn't an angelic record, but I expected worse.

Interestingly, the address on record for her 2005 seatbelt violation was the Lomo daycare house. I guess the family was living there while the big house was being built, possibly in preparation for the future guardianship?

She's actually been living in some very nice homes according to Google Earth and a real estate listing for a Crocker MO address. GPs paying for her housing, or rich boyfriends?

Not that this has to do with EO's case (or I hope it isn't) but there is a hostage situation going on in Jeff City right now. Here is what the News Tribune states "Capitol and Jefferson City Police and other law enforcement agencies were called to the Governor Office Building shortly after 10 a.m. today for a reported hostage situation. A helicopter was called in, and was circling the block above the hotel. Streets in the area were blocked, and people walking in those blocks were ordered into buildings or out of the area."

On the same site where I read RP's postings, another poster describing JC mentioned that it was the home of the "Hastings Crew." In summary, that parking lot was the center of quite a few gatherings and fights, of course they seemed to relish their memories of being bullies in the parking lot.

That's true also, except that when I was that age it was the K-Mart parking lot instead of Hastings (which is across the street from K-Mart). We spent our weekend nights running from the K-Mart parking lot to the Robo Car Wash at the other end of MO Blvd. When too many started to gather in the parking lot, the police would show up and run us off. There were rarely any problems between the people that were there, it was just a place to meet and socialize.

There were a couple attempts when I was that age to make a place for us to hang out. One older (than us) guy (who became like a parental figure to many of us) opened an under 21 club just outside the city limits that offered pool tables, arcade games, etc... a place to spend the weekends. That went well for awhile but eventually it was the site of a huge fight between opposing cliques, and requiring law enforcement involvement, and the community more or less demanded it be shut down, which it soon was.

Stimulants, or uppers, are most commonly prescribed for attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), but they are also used to treat a variety of conditions such as asthma, respiratory problems, obesity, and sleep disorders such as narcolepsy. When taken in higher doses, these drugs can produce euphoric effects and counteract sluggish feelings.

Health risks related to stimulant abuse include increased heart and respiratory rates, excessive sweating, vomiting, tremors, anxiety, hostility and aggression, and in severe abuse, suicidal/homicidal tendencies, convulsions, and cardiovascular collapse.

Brand names include: Concerta, Dexedrine, and Ritalin.

Quoted from here... interesting site
http://www.theantidrug.com/drug-inf...abuse/prescription-drug-rx-abuse/default.aspx

Adderall is another that is used to treat ADHD. It is considered a speed.

I live in the NE and meth is really not a problem in our area. I'm just curious...What would happen if someone that was taking SSRI's started mixing in illegal drugs such as meth? Also, if AB was had an underlying mental heath issue could meth have led her to a “psychotic break”? TIA

yes, and if someone young is taking meth it would take years for the skin to have big red blotches, and the rotten teeth.
It's quite possible to be extremely violent on meth.

Did you all see this?

Possible Hostage Situation in Jefferson City

JEFFERSON CITY - Portions of downtown Jefferson City are shut down due to a possible hostage situation in a government building.

State employees in the building say police officers are outside patrolling the area with assault rifles. The area is locked down. Follow KOMU online and on Twitter for updates.

A viewer called KOMU to say a hostage situation took place in 5th floor of the Governor's Building on Madison Street. Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder is sending accounts from his Twitter account saying sharpshooters are on the roof of the Jefferson Building and negotiators are on the scene to speak with a suspect in the hostage situation. A person working on the 6th floor of the building says there is a possible hostage situation in the floor below.

A KOMU reporter on the scene says High Street and parts of Capitol Street are shut down. SWAT team and a SWAT tanker is patrolling the area. Sees at least 50 police vehicles out there.

The office building is the former Hotel Governor and not where Governor Jay Nixon has office space.

http://www.komu.com/satellite/Satel...4c70b769/def1ae59-80ce-0971-0115-df9922e67135

Agreed. Meth has been a popular drug of choice among some people I have known and others I've been aquainted with. They are very paranoid and tend to withdraw. When they get really high, or use the drug a long time, then they can have huge anger explosions. But they are uncontrollable explosions, not well-thought-out plans. Also, I've never heard of them murdering anyone or wanting to murder. They are little thieves, though.

I'm not saying someone on meth wouldn't murder, I'm just saying that just because they are on meth they WANT to murder.

There are a lot of drugs out there that the kids are using. When I asked my son, he said ecstasy and cocaine are what he hears about around here these days. (Seems like the generation before them are using more of the meth?)

Dang...I wish I knew this on Sunday. I was chatting with one of the deputies and could have asked her. I have a meeting at the city tomorrow night and if I see a deputy there, I'll ask them.

Man, I must be getting old. When I was a teen, smoking a joint was about as wild as we ever got! :crazy::cool::tipsy:

Having worked at the prison I had the chance to talk to some meth heads. From what they tell me meth is either in or out. By that I mean you either love it or hate it. If you love it you can't get enough of it. If you don't like it you don't want anything to do with it.
As far as Jeff City goes, there is very little to do for teens. There was a teen center behind Spectators on MO BLVD but, from what I was told, they kept having problems with some of the kids and forced them to close it. I wish there was a place the kids could get together and have a good clean time to hang out and have fun.

Did you all see this?

Possible Hostage Situation in Jefferson City

JEFFERSON CITY - Portions of downtown Jefferson City are shut down due to a possible hostage situation in a government building.

State employees in the building say police officers are outside patrolling the area with assault rifles. The area is locked down. Follow KOMU online and on Twitter for updates.

A viewer called KOMU to say a hostage situation took place in 5th floor of the Governor's Building on Madison Street. Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder is sending accounts from his Twitter account saying sharpshooters are on the roof of the Jefferson Building and negotiators are on the scene to speak with a suspect in the hostage situation. A person working on the 6th floor of the building says there is a possible hostage situation in the floor below.

A KOMU reporter on the scene says High Street and parts of Capitol Street are shut down. SWAT team and a SWAT tanker is patrolling the area. Sees at least 50 police vehicles out there.

The office building is the former Hotel Governor and not where Governor Jay Nixon has office space.

http://www.komu.com/satellite/Satel...4c70b769/def1ae59-80ce-0971-0115-df9922e67135

That is two blocks from where I am sitting in my office. We have been asked to stay inside and off of the streets.

That is two blocks from where I am sitting in my office. We have been asked to stay inside and off of the streets.

*Gasp* - Take care Jodibug. Please let us know how you are doing as you can. How much more can Jeff City take?

Oh Jodibug...keep safe and let us know when you all have been "cleared"...I hope you at least can get some lunch in your building.

Please be careful...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members