MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is two blocks from where I am sitting in my office. We have been asked to stay inside and off of the streets.

No in-person sleuthing allowed! Stay right there at your desk Jodibug!

New update at 11:45
"Law enforcement agencies say they have not been able to confirm they have a hostage situation today at the Governors Office Building.

Capt. Mike Smith of the Jefferson City Police Department briefed members of the media about 11:30 a.m. that a call came in after 10 a.m. today, saying an automated alarm in the building indicated a hostage situation was under way on the fifth floor of the building.

Smith said authorities have checked with people who work on the fifth floor and other floors and that no problems have been reported. Smith emphasized no shots have been fired at the site and no one is hurt.

The Missouri Public Service Commission has offices on the fifth floor, but it’s not known if their offices were involved.

SWAT and tactical squads are on site, Smith said. They will be going through the building floor by floor to check the identification of those they find in the offices. Smith said it would take some time to clear the building.

The building, located at Madison Street and East Capital Avenue, originally was the Governor Hotel and was renovated by the state about 10 years ago.

Authorities are asking those in buildings around the office building to stay in their buildings and off the streets as authorities clear the building.

Smith was asked if Gov. Jay Nixon was at the Governor’s Mansion, which is located across the street from the office building.

He is out of town, Smith said."

I hope and pray this is a false alarm. If this was a practical joke I hope they catch who did it and hold him hostage if you know what I mean.

Just read what is housed in this bldg:

The building houses the Missouri Office of Prosecution Services, Public Service Commission, Office of Public Counsel and the Missouri Development Finance Board.

There are helicopters overhead.

I was planning on walking to Subway for lunch. Now I'm not sure. I don't think they can shoot me from the Governor Hotel to Subway.... but I guess I'll probably not risk it!

The proxy doors in my building have been locked. (Wish they would lock the main entrances!)

Smith said authorities have checked with people who work on the fifth floor and other floors and that no problems have been reported. Smith emphasized no shots have been fired at the site and no one is hurt....

That sounds promising. No Subway for you today sis! Stay safe!

I was planning on walking to Subway for lunch. Now I'm not sure. I don't think they can shoot me from the Governor Hotel to Subway.... but I guess I'll probably not risk it!

The proxy doors in my building have been locked. (Wish they would lock the main entrances!)

I don't know the distance but my 24 yr old daughter can fit a 6" target at a 1000 yards. just saying

I was doing some digging on casenet for the mom (MLB) because I keep hearing what a druggie she is/was and always in trouble with the law. And unless I'm missing something, which is quite possible, her arrest record isn't as extreme as has been painted.

Outside of traffic violations and a possible eviction, she has a June 2008 DWI (2 years probation) and a July 2009 Possession of MJ (suspended sentence and 2 more years probation). I know this isn't an angelic record, but I expected worse.

Interestingly, the address on record for her 2005 seatbelt violation was the Lomo daycare house. I guess the family was living there while the big house was being built, possibly in preparation for the future guardianship?

She's actually been living in some very nice homes according to Google Earth and a real estate listing for a Crocker MO address. GPs paying for her housing, or rich boyfriends?

I find that interesting, as I have been wondering where the mother was when gps gained custody of AB and the twins, and it appears that when the gps moved to MO from CA the mother lived with them at least according to what you have pointed out on Casenet (although before the custody records on AB disappeared, I remember the respondent's address was different from the gps, or was the respondent in that case the father? IDK) -- the property on Lomo was purchased by gps in 2005 -- and the gm filed for custody in 2005 --

OT -the fine for the no seatbelt charge was only ten bucks :|

Hopefully, it is a false alarm.

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/po...round-office-building-near-governors-mansion/

UPDATE: Capt. Tim Hull, of the highway patrol, said officials had no verification that any hostage is involved.

He said a woman in the building thought she heard the word “hostage” over an intercom. She called the building’s security company, which contacted police. Authorities locked the building down and continue to investigate.

SWAT teams in fatigues are preparing to enter the building now.

A staffer for the Public Service Commission said the commission has talked to its employees on floors one through nine and none knew of a hostage situation. The PSC floors are all locked and accessible only with a Sonitrol key card.

Part of the PSC’s telecommunications staff is housed on the fifth floor, the reported site of the problem.

“We’ve contacted one staff member on all floors and have no reports of any unusual activity other than the police” being there, said the staffer, Mark Hughes. “It doesn’t mean something hasn’t taken place,” he added.

Rumor is that the security alarm tripped somehow and auto-dialed in a hotage msg to the security company.

I was doing some digging on casenet for the mom (MLB) because I keep hearing what a druggie she is/was and always in trouble with the law. And unless I'm missing something, which is quite possible, her arrest record isn't as extreme as has been painted.

Outside of traffic violations and a possible eviction, she has a June 2008 DWI (2 years probation) and a July 2009 Possession of MJ (suspended sentence and 2 more years probation). I know this isn't an angelic record, but I expected worse.

Interestingly, the address on record for her 2005 seatbelt violation was the Lomo daycare house. I guess the family was living there while the big house was being built, possibly in preparation for the future guardianship?

She's actually been living in some very nice homes according to Google Earth and a real estate listing for a Crocker MO address. GPs paying for her housing, or rich boyfriends?

The July 2009 drug charge isn't necessarily possession of marijuana. Missouri records misdemeanor drug charges in CaseNet as blah blah blah up to 35 grams of mj, something along those lines, I can't remember specifically.

She could also have some municipal drug charges that wouldn't show on CaseNet. Some, but not all, municipal courts don't show on CN.

The July 2009 drug charge isn't necessarily possession of marijuana. Missouri records misdemeanor drug charges in CaseNet as blah blah blah up to 35 grams of mj, something along those lines, I can't remember specifically.

She could also have some municipal drug charges that wouldn't show on CaseNet. Some, but not all, municipal courts don't show on CN.

Casenet says marijuana specifically.

Casenet says marijuana specifically.

The charge is possession of an illegal substance except for up to 35g of mj. Less mj than that is a lesser charge. From what I remember seeing, the former was the charge.

Rumor is that the security alarm tripped somehow and auto-dialed in a hotage msg to the security company.

It appears to be a false alarm. Some lady called the security company for the building and stated she thought she heard someone over the intercom say hostage situation.

It appears to be a false alarm. Some lady called the security company for the building and stated she thought she heard someone over the intercom say hostage situation.

Good god, we have become such a jumpy bunch of Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub